ADVERTISEMENT

‘22 Adou Thiero on campus for his OV

I'd love to see him sign with UK. He/Dad knows Cal but he's got great options for him and not sure what they've told him about role/playing time. Bring in a kid like this and promise nothing but opportunity this upcoming year to be a spot/role player and then see that increase if he improves. Looking at '23 roster there will be a lot of turnover so it's not far fetched to promise that. He's a high character guy and talented late bloomer who would've been higher thought of if he wasn't injured/missed AAU last Summer.

This will go something like this…

1. Adou commits to UK
2. Plays sparingly most of the season
3. Has a couple big games during conference play
4. Cal says “Adou needs more PT”
5. Adou barely plays and then transfers
I can hear the conversation now:

Cal, You think he needs more PT
Chin, "Adou?"
Cal, "You do, yeah me too"
Chin, Who do we sit?"
Cal," Not sure, we got any Kentucky kids on the roster? We can hoodoo
one of them.

I like the pace he plays with. Lots of control with his game. SGA like if you will (Dusty Rhodes voice).

UK really needs guys like this that can mature and develop within the team. Transfers can be a big addition, but I would think it has to be good to develop some of your own upperclassmen. Thiero looks like a guy who has an all-around game of skills and athleticism to be a good college player and is coming on fast, and maybe under-rated by the ranking services - like Ochai Agbaji coming into Kansas.

I think players like Thiero can be more important than a lot of the OADs. You can build consistency and quality in a program with guys like this. Kansas does it (what was Agbaji or Christian Braun ranked coming out of high school?) and most teams try to do it. But it has to be a guy who isn't delusional about where he's at now, is hungry to work, and can be a little patient and not think he's entitled to playing time before he earns and deserves it.

Last edited:
Agree with above, by all accounts the kid is a winner. He is already physically strong and will be patient, unlike many of our recruits. Would love if he grew to be as big as his dad.
He recently grew 5 inches so maybe.

I think he's the type of addition we need. Otherwise, scholarships aren't utilized and practices take a hit bc you can't scrimmage/compete. It also helps future teams if he sticks around and develops his potential.

Signed Cameron Mills, Nazr Mohammed, Scott Padgett, Gerald Fitch, Erik Daniels, Ramel Bradley, Patrick Sparks, Josh Harrellson, Dom Hawkins, Derek Willis, Davion Mintz, Jacob Toppin, CJ Fredrick
I believe most those players (if not all) you mentioned had some sort of star next to their name. Thiero has 0 stars on Rivals.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He recently grew 5 inches so maybe.

I think he's the type of addition we need. Otherwise, scholarships aren't utilized and practices take a hit bc you can't scrimmage/compete. It also helps future teams if he sticks around and develops his potential.
The article I read said he has grown 10 inches since starting HS. He was 5’7 as a Freshman. That’s just crazy.

BTW, is it possible to upload images here or is it only possible reference images already on the Web?

I'd love to see him sign with UK. He/Dad knows Cal but he's got great options for him and not sure what they've told him about role/playing time. Bring in a kid like this and promise nothing but opportunity this upcoming year to be a spot/role player and then see that increase if he improves. Looking at '23 roster there will be a lot of turnover so it's not far fetched to promise that. He's a high character guy and talented late bloomer who would've been higher thought of if he wasn't injured/missed AAU last Summer.
I never heard of the kid. What level player is he?

The article I read said he has grown 10 inches since starting HS. He was 5’7 as a Freshman. That’s just crazy.Fresh
Freshman year, from September to December, I grew from 5'5" to 5'11". And my voice didn't change until the next summer. 5'11" with the squeaky voice of the fat kid from Goonies.

Signed Cameron Mills, Nazr Mohammed, Scott Padgett, Gerald Fitch, Erik Daniels, Ramel Bradley, Patrick Sparks, Josh Harrellson, Dom Hawkins, Derek Willis, Davion Mintz, Jacob Toppin, CJ Fredrick
Fitch was a four star I believe and a highly regarded guard in Georgia who produces a ton of good players. Bradley was a 4 star, and so was Willis. Sparks and Harrleson were 3 stars, I believe Hawkins was as well maybe a 2. No clue what Daniels was ranked. Frederick was a 3 star as well.

Last edited:
Triple C hasn’t won anything with the guys on the list that came on during his tenure. That’s the issue. He can’t win with players that don’t have 5 stars next to their name and he needs at least 7 five star guys then it’s a crap shoot.

Holloway took his 0 and 1 stars and beat Cal and his 4 and 5 stars.

Fitch was a four star I believe and a highly regarded guard in Georgia who produces a ton of good players. Bradley was a 4 star, and so was Willis. Sparks and Harrleson were 3 stars, I believe Hawkins was as well maybe a 2. No clue what Daniels was ranked. Frederick was a 3 star as well.

I pulled all of that straight off of sports reference. Guys all outside Rsci Top 100.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT