ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal and NIL

Could it be a blessing in disguise that we are late to the party in the transfer portal? Hear me out. We’re working with a clean slate. We are only waiting on 1 players decision on whether he’s entering the NBA draft and I’m sure that CMP has already been aware and knows of that decision. For once there are more teams awaiting decisions than us. Unlimited playing time to offer. Chance to play for a blue blood program with a coach that runs a competent modern offense. Buckets of NIL money to throw around while most teams have already allotted their piece of pie up. I’m thinking we are about to reel in some big fish from the portal pond.

Realistic timeline for New Hire

Obviously, it wouldn’t be announced today if it was Dan Hurley. (I don’t think that happens, but would be elated if it did).

What should our expectation be for a timeline for announcing a new coach?

Is today too soon and an unreal expectation? Should we be worried if we don’t have a coach a week from now? (Example: if we were hiring Donovan, do we wait until the NBA season ends?) I honestly can’t remember how long it was between BCG & Cal. Felt very quick.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT