ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky leads the United States in sugar consumption

This is a totally separate argument here that I’m making and I realize that - but it’s appropriate here imo. I do all the grocery shopping for my family of 5. I’m very health conscious. So for example instead of buying hormone laced value brand milk I buy the grass fed organic free range milk which is around 7 dollars for a half gallon. The vital farms free range eggs are about 4 times the cost of the value eggs. I know you may think that’s ridiculous but I don’t want to eat the eggs of the de-beaked tortured chickens in a pen - I want the free range healthy chickens - same with milk - same with the actual chicken. And you can absolutely tell the difference. The eggs literally look completely different. The free range yolk is a completely different, much darker color and they taste much much better and go bad quicker. Organic antibiotic free chicken is triple the cost.

I have this app called “Yuka” that’s European where you scan the UPC and it tells you health rating from 0-100. It tells you the sodium, sugar, etc. Butbthe coolest thing is it lists additives. I used to get Lunchables for my kids for lunch for ease and one day I scanned them and they rated 1/100. The reason? They had like 9 additives, 4 that have been shown to cause cancer! Like WTF. So now I get an Apple gates farms organic alternative that is like an 88/100 with no additives. The catch? It’s 5 times more expensive. For me it’s not a big deal, but for many it is. If you really want to eat healthy - like actually healthy - it’s much more expensive.

I agree with the inflation piece, but I still think even the poor people, if they prioritize their health, they can afford it. Unless they’re just not trying.

Did they buy a case of beer first, or a dozen eggs?

Do they splurge for a $40 bill at McDonald’s,
Or did they go to the grocery and get three chicken breast, a head of broccoli and a pound of rice?

For sure, there's definitely some laziness to it. My tenant is unemployed.. and she has a newer car than me or my wife, and gets door dash delivered every day. So there's definitely a laziness problem with america's poor people as well.
Reactions: Ron Mehico

GYERO

Welp, off bye week, game vs an opponent you can't take lightly but should beat, prepare to have soul crushed.

Fall weather means fall meals. Shepherds Pie, Mac&Cheese casserole lace with sausage, Vegetable soup and biscuits, Spaghetti sauce, City Chicken aka breaded pork cubed on a skewer, Cheesy Chicken, etc. Yup, I'm fat and have given up.

Sad to say that I haven't been to Keeneland since last Breeders Cup, need to do something about it.

Oh for sure. Eating healthy is 100% worth the cost in my opinion. I guess the problem with inflation these days, is that some families literally can only afford to eat processed. Or, at least, to remove some of these cheap processed foods entirely.
I agree with the inflation piece, but I still think even the poor people, if they prioritize their health, they can afford it. Unless they’re just not trying.

Did they buy a case of beer first, or 3 dozen eggs?

Do they splurge for a $40 bill at McDonald’s,
Or did they go to the grocery and get three chicken breast, a head of broccoli and a pound of rice, 5 sticks of butter, a pound of cashews, carton of blueberries, 5 lb bag of carrots, and 1 pound of ground turkey

My wife and I spend an afternoon every weekend going to Sam's / Krogers and meal prepping. It is a huge expense in both time and money.

I've used AI to come up with a meal plan, too. It is worthless in the real world. Eating healthy is expensive, time consuming, and worth it.

And Canada sucks. If you want to talk about food being better elsewhere, try Europe -- not GD Canada. I wish we could sell Canada back to the Brits or something.
Reactions: Ron Mehico

POLITICAL THREAD

Plenty got built despite the lefts continued efforts to block it completely. Hard to imagine how well off this country would be had the left just worked with Trump pre-Covid for the betterment of our country instead of trying to take him down every single second of the day. It’s obvious the left doesn’t want the best for this country so will lump you into that as well. Feel sorry for your family as you take care of everyone else first before your family sees anything from you. If you say that’s not true and you take care of your family first then that is exactly the way it should be here for our country.
Dump had control of the house and senate. He promised to build the wall and didn’t ****ing do it. End of story.

I asked AI to create a healthy meal for the cost of a Hungry Man meal:

Healthy Meal Plan​

1. Protein:

• Chicken Breast: Buy a small pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You can often find these for about $2 per serving.
2. Vegetables:

• Frozen Mixed Vegetables: A bag of frozen mixed vegetables (like broccoli, carrots, and peas) costs around $1.50 and can be used for multiple meals.
3. Carbohydrates:

• Brown Rice: A small bag of brown rice costs about $1 and can be used for several servings.

Simple Recipe​

1. Grilled Chicken Breast:
    • Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and any herbs you like.
    • Grill or pan-fry until fully cooked.
  2. Steamed Vegetables:
    • Steam the mixed vegetables until tender.
  3. Brown Rice:
    • Cook the brown rice according to the package instructions.

Cost Breakdown​

• Chicken Breast: $2
  • Frozen Mixed Vegetables: $0.50 (for one serving)
  • Brown Rice: $0.50 (for one serving)
Total Cost: $3

Which Hungry Man's are Chicken breast, plain vegetables and brown rice? FWIW, Hungry Man's have 4-5 different foods, not just 3.

I'm also not sure if a bag of Frozen peas and carrots is really "multiple meals".. I think at best it's 2 meals worth. But I also can't say I know how much the vegetables are in a Hungry Man.

I also don't see where chicken breast is ever $2/pound unless it's a sale. Even the shittiest chicken breast at my grocery store (Hannaford) is $3/pound, and it only goes up from there. (ANd I'd make the argument that your grocery stores cheapest chicken s going to have it's OWN health issues).

Finally, now you start adding in the cost to MAKE this food. HungryMan is just one microwave and done. To make Chicken/Rice/Vegetables it's going to be a microwave and however you want to cook the chicken and rice, which means time, utensils and cookware needed, etc.

Edit: I hate that I'm defending HungryMan, cause I don't eat that shit ever. I have one soda a year. I'm not really for this food at all. But a loaf of White bread, lb of bologna, kraft singles will cost $10 and it will make you like 7 sandwiches. You really can't beat that for a price, I don't think.

FB Recruiting Cats working to flip Duke football commit

Introducing Duke WR commit Jaivon Solomon.

Room to improve the route running fine details but explosive athlete who can beat you over the top and make big plays.

Future Coach Rondo

Lets hope this never happens but it looks like Cal has reached out to Rondo in the past, so you put these two guys together recruiting at Arkansas it would be take up the song books it's over. Add that with Rondo's attention to detail and knowledge of the game and his ability to think and see everything in realtime it's Game over. And Yes I think Rondo is one of the few Cal would listen to.
LOL ! Cal only hires “yes” men . And Rondo is anything but a “yes” man . And NO Cal wouldn’t listen to Rondo.

POLITICAL THREAD

Way to build that wall, dump.
Plenty got built despite the lefts continued efforts to block it completely. Hard to imagine how well off this country would be had the left just worked with Trump pre-Covid for the betterment of our country instead of trying to take him down every single second of the day. It’s obvious the left doesn’t want the best for this country so will lump you into that as well. Feel sorry for your family as you take care of everyone else first before your family sees anything from you. If you say that’s not true and you take care of your family first then that is exactly the way it should be here for our country.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT