ADVERTISEMENT

Tar and Feather me!

Pope signing Johnson when other coaches have been recruiting him for years, just shows the power of the Kentucky name. Any coach at UK with an ounce of work ethic will have no problem signing 5-Star recruit after 5-Star recruit.
Well to be fair we the fans and boosters, university stakeholders, former rich players, etc. need to make sure NIL is flush with cash now too. It sucks but it’s a large part of recruiting. The sole reason that Johnson was though to go to Bama or UNC was because of their NIL offer and Pope didn’t want to spend his expected budget so much on freshman this early. The boosters said”we won’t lose an in state kid ranked this high due to a couple hundred thousand dollars if we need it go get him and it will be there.”

If UK wins their 1st three games (all at home) over S. Miss, South Carolina and #1 Georgia

Yes but there comes a point in time where enough is enough.
Florida was at what 31? And you think that 14 is some kinda magic number?
I hope you're right and I'll humbly eat my crow if it happens.
Love the optimism, that is if you didn't sunshine pump predict 40-0 every year or something silly, I see it's the same on the football discussion.

My Favorite New Beer: Kentucky Blue Light by Gravely Brewing.

We run a group of about 20-25 people who have nothing better to do than to ride down to the lake on our side by sides drink (several) beers (being responsible) hang at the lake all day sober up and drive home.
And by several I mean I used to collect everyone's cans in the back of my ride and I made good money off it kinda deal. If I can influence some of them boys to switch over we will be able to afford anyone we want in NIL 😂😂😂😂

Spinoff: most disappointing concert you attended (not necessarily the worst, but most disappointing)

Saw Def Leppard during their Adrenalize tour. Lightshow was unreal (for that time; 1992 I believe) but they sounded awful. Never saw them again but many tell me I must had attended an off night for them.
I've seen Def Leppard about 30 times (my daughter is a huge fan) and they have been mostly solid every time I've seen them.

Best rock concert you’ve attended

This intrigued me so I searched it on Setlist.fm. Looks like this may have been two different concerts. J. Geils Band/
Brownsville Station in 1978 and J. Geils Band/U2 in 1982. Both at Louisville Gardens.
I don't remember seeing J. Geils more than once and I could've sworn that both Brownsville Station and U2 supported them. That's been a lifetime ago and maybe the mind is slipping a little after 64 years.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT