ADVERTISEMENT

Gyero- Derby week

5272731734_ca3bed62ab_o.jpg

The one on the right, please

When you market your program as the quickest ticket to the NBA, two things will happen:

1. You will attract the most talented players in the country;

2. Some of those players will leave your program before they should.

<< anti block K. Would like to see them add an extry U, just for the hell of it.

And not liking Under Armour is just bizarre. I'd say 50% of mine and my boys wardrobe is UA. Stuff is the tits, imo

Reactions: Mashburned
So, who has the most varied (geographically, at least) or random loyalties in GYERO?

Dolphins and Royals seem about as far opposite as one could get.

Chumps is pretty varied. BKH is pretty spread out. The few Raiders fans in here might have a case.

Bengals
Reds
UK
Blue Jackets

Timberwolves

Yep, Varied alright (Insert Icon: Rolleyes here)

I am so pro-Nike it's embarrassing. Stuff just fits better, especially the dri-fit. 99% of my workout apparel. And it's almost all blue/gray/white.

And the elite socks ::hands up::

Those guys who played for Pitino are more pro him than UK. Has always been that way. Delk and Padgett are exceptions because spent some time under Cal.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Thought it was pretty universal that we are all UK fans here.

Dinner reservations at Commander's Palace booked with the McPti's. To say I'm a little excited is an understatement. Fat!

Thoughts on Derek Anderson's comments?

Inane drivel.

Rather using real data or information gleaned from what actually happened on the court, he instead relied on tired, false traditional basketball narratives to support his claims.

I'm as distraught and frustrated as anyone but a lot of people need some serious perspective. We've been to 4 of the last 5 Final Fours. In the midst of one of the greatest runs in program history.

Reactions: Mashburned
Really would not surprise me one bit if that crap was planted by Pitino. He's as petty and controlling as they come.

Pretty sure I'm still in denial about what happened.

After Shot Clock Violation #2 pretty sure I checked out.
No idea what happened.

It would've hurt a lot more if 2012 didn't happen. The 2012 team was one of the best I've seen in my lifetime, so that smooths over a lot of the pain. That team was a STONE COLD LOCK to win the title. Same with 1996. Never had that 100% feeling with this team.

This team had a chance at history, but IMO, they were never truly "great". Sometimes it just works out like that. The truly great teams rise to the top, and find a way.

That new K in the logo is horrible. I get that "UK" is what they want over the "K" but my lord that new K is horrible. And it looks as if they are going with that design on the new turf at CWS. I mean don't they have focus groups for this shit?

DA on Mag52's show this morn is gonna backtrack faster than the highest selected cornerback in tonight's draft.

"oh no, I didn't say *that*! my words are being twisted! just unhappy with not winning more championships! I *love* Cal and the BBN!"

That new K in the logo is horrible. I get that "UK" is what they want over the "K" but my lord that new K is horrible. And it looks as if they are going with that design on the new turf at CWS. I mean don't they have focus groups for this shit?

JHB RT a story this morning with some asshole from the athletics department explaining it. At least attempting to. They actually did put a lot of effort and thought into it is the confusing part. Even went so far as to consult with student athletes and school administrators!

Another interesting tidbit is that UK doesn't own the Rupp floor so they have no say in the design! But, we'll see if they decide to do anything different when Rupp wants to refresh it, but that's not even on their radar at this point!

I swear to God the ineptitude is almost too much for me to take anymore. And if I see that stupid, co*ksucking UT checker pattern anywhere near the endzones at Commonwealth I may finally lose it.

I still don't understand what Secretariat has to do with UK sports. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Also, rothflmao at that K. I guess I just looked at it. WTF? Never seen a K like that in my life.

Last summer when athletics officials solicited fan opinion on their experiences through the BBN First Initiative, some fans asked for more ferocious logos and even the return of the "Power K" that was on football helmets previously.

That was discussed during this most recent reinvention.

"The fact of the matter is we didn't want to go backward," Schlafer said. "We wanted to move forward and this was the mark that we developed that we feel touches on our future."

But it also reflects the Cats' history as well.

"You want to be sure you respect your past, which is why we ended up streamlining the mark rather than developing an all new mark that folks don't recognize as ours," he said. "So we ended up streamlining and fine-tuning our mark to keep up with and represent our future while respecting the past."

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/04/29/3694435/kentucky-makes-subtle-change-to.html#storylink=cpy

I still don't understand what Secretariat has to do with UK sports. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Well I heard he was rolling over in his grave that his Cayuts didn't finish the year like he did at the Belmont. Just a rumor though.

Reactions: drxman1
I'm a simple man with a generally simple perspective on things. But IMO, you shouldn't spend much time redesigning a letter that's been a mainstay of the Latin alphabet for about 2,500 years.

Again- just my opinion.

Reactions: ukalum01
I'm a little "concerned" for next year, but I wonder if that is "missing history" hangover spilling over. This loss sucked. Worse than Marquette. Worse than UAB. Worse than WVU. Worse than '95 UNC and worse than 'Zona. Pretty much makes it the worst stomach punch in my lifetime.

- my Achilles. It has been strained for a month. Hurts like a bitch. Was working on time with hills and there it is.

- this year has been nothing but travel. Looking forward to Saturday and smoking some ribs. Sadly most of that had been for funerals.

- avengers Sunday. I have a bad feeling about this.

-

SAE, we just got our sponsorship package for football season and yes, there will be checkers in the end zone (blue on blue - no white). But the huge news and real reason our logo was tweaked is because when our contract with Nike runs out, UA is taking over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT