ADVERTISEMENT

Gyero- Derby week

If you don't pull for your teams, then you're nothing but a trick ass hoe.

And don't give me that "but I don't have any teams..". Yea, I wish I didn't either.

as far as Lex trying to get in on the bourbon tourism, I guess this plan is as dead as Centrepoint & Museum Plaza?

Lexington has two or three spots coming to the bourbon trail with one already listed, and there is rumor of an industry supported museum being a part of the old courthouse renovation. Lexington is definitely on the bourbon hype wagon, though Louisville had a head start.

Dodger fan checking in.

Steelers

Still partial to the Lakers even if Pat Riley isnt walking through the Forum's doors. ::smoking smiley guy::

Last edited:
Colts
Cardinals
Used to be Sonics, now nobody. I've considered jumping on the Pelicans with Davis there. Gal is from northern ca and her whole family pull for the Golden State. Would be a convenient bandwagon

Nhl? Don't care!

It is interesting that her family that lives here have jumped on the UK bandwagon since we got together. College teams mean jack all to people in that state aside from a small pocket of UCLA lifers.

UK Basketball
UK Football
Cincinnati Reds

Everything else is just kind of era based...

Boston Celtics - Larry Bird Era (EEK)
Dallas Cowboys - Tom Landry Era (RIP)
Boston Red Sox - Roger Clemens Era
St. Louis Blues - Brett Hull Era (when I was in college)

wcc - it's nice now but I started following the Packers in '72, and they proceeded to pretty much suck for 20 plus years after that. The Cardinals in the 70's were pretty awful as well.

Red Wings, meh, not even sure why I like them. Just liked Dino Cicarelli when he played there I guess.

UK Basketball
UK Football
Cincinnati Reds

Everything else is just kind of era based...

Boston Celtics - Larry Bird Era (EEK)
Dallas Cowboys - Tom Landry Era (RIP)
Boston Red Sox - Roger Clemens Era
St. Louis Blues - Brett Hull Era (when I was in college)

Still a closet Louisville fan I see. Just come out already.

Yup. Going to college in St. Louis when Brett Hull and Co. were there was pretty cool. Wayne Gretzky even made a brief appearance and the town went bonkers.

Got to see Clemens pitch his final game in Boston and first game of his return. Pretty cool. I know he did steroids, etc., but man, he was a bad ass. Favorite pitcher ever.

The Danny White and Tony Dorsett Cowboys were dope. Loved watching the Dolphins too.

Reds
Bengals
UK

I also like the Packers and Yankees, but they are subordinated to the above teams. I'm not sure I like any pro sports team as much as I hate the Cowboys though.

Most hated teams as a kid...

NFL: Raiders. Cheating bastards. Probably because of the "Sea of Hands" game in the playoffs against the Dolphins in 1974.

MLB: Yankees. Of course.

NBA: Celtics, but that's mostly because I loved Magic and the Lakers.

Something about booking a Vegas trip makes Wednesday in the office better.

Headed out for the fireworks weekend again (went last year). Drai's Beach Club :D

Boat?

So, the font on the UK logo is gradually being changed. The new one is on the new court at Memorial and will be on the synthetic turf at Commonwealth but the logo on unit and fan gear will not change yet.

It isn't that drastic (see pics on KSR), but you would think they would want consistency.

Apparently the end zones are gonna have a similar look as the checkerboard in memorial too

buddy of mine tore his achilles tendon last weekend. for whatever reason, that has always been the #1 freak injury that i have been terrified of. just seems so painful, the tendon itself appears so vulnerable/exposed. ouch.

If you put someone in a group text of more than 3- you're an a-hole.

Thoughts on Derek Anderson's comments?

Just saw it. Here are my thoughts:

“We won against pros and we dominated. We averaged 91 points a game. How many did this team average? 75?”

^ Agree with this take. Calipari let other teams control the tempo all year and that was stupid.

If Coach Cal wanted to keep these kids and develop them, he should tell them that. He’s just running them in and out. It’s not him, it’s not just him, it’s the parents. If my son is supposed to go second round, ‘Son, you need to stay in school, get your degree in case something happens, and also finish the job. Make sure you make these people know you can actually play.’ They’re just running them out of here. Like Dakari Johnson. I hope he makes it, but he’s a 7-footer who can’t jump. What’s he going to do with no degree when he’s done in two years?”

^ That's how Calipari is getting these kids- by telling them he'll support them. Anderson's view right here is narrow.

“It’s sad to see this man. I never thought–if I was a coach, I wouldn’t allow it to happen. I would keep my players and develop them and teach them there’s a better, different way to do this.”

^ With all the pressure and media criticism those kids took, I think it was time for them to move on.

“Last year, when we went to the Final Four with [Julius] Randle and them, it was because of pure talent, and the reason we lost? Coaching. Why did Louisville beat [UConn] by 30? They pressured their guards. We let the kid Shabazz Napier–he walked the ball up and just shot in our face the whole night. I’m like, ‘did you not watch the tape of Louisville beating them? They pressured these guys.'”

This is just a stupid take. That was about match-ups. Louisville had small, quick guards WHO COULD pressure Napier and Boatwright. We didn't. We had the Harrisons and Young.

Just saw it. Here are my thoughts:

“We won against pros and we dominated. We averaged 91 points a game. How many did this team average? 75?”

^ Agree with this take. Calipari let other teams control the tempo all year and that was stupid.

If Coach Cal wanted to keep these kids and develop them, he should tell them that. He’s just running them in and out. It’s not him, it’s not just him, it’s the parents. If my son is supposed to go second round, ‘Son, you need to stay in school, get your degree in case something happens, and also finish the job. Make sure you make these people know you can actually play.’ They’re just running them out of here. Like Dakari Johnson. I hope he makes it, but he’s a 7-footer who can’t jump. What’s he going to do with no degree when he’s done in two years?”

^ That's how Calipari is getting these kids- by telling them he'll support them. Anderson's view right here is narrow.

“It’s sad to see this man. I never thought–if I was a coach, I wouldn’t allow it to happen. I would keep my players and develop them and teach them there’s a better, different way to do this.”

^ With all the pressure and media criticism those kids took, I think it was time for them to move on.

“Last year, when we went to the Final Four with [Julius] Randle and them, it was because of pure talent, and the reason we lost? Coaching. Why did Louisville beat [UConn] by 30? They pressured their guards. We let the kid Shabazz Napier–he walked the ball up and just shot in our face the whole night. I’m like, ‘did you not watch the tape of Louisville beating them? They pressured these guys.'”

This is just a stupid take. That was about match-ups. Louisville had small, quick guards WHO COULD pressure Napier and Boatwright. We didn't. We had the Harrisons and Young.

Nothing but truth in EVERYTHING DA said, painfully so.

I also disagreed with Calipari's decision to let the seven early entries go pro. If I was coach, like DA suggested, I would have brought them back to UK again. I would have said "Guys, no. You're not going anywhere."

saw on twitter yesterday some uproar about DA, was hoping noone would make a big deal about it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but for him to go on that show to say those things is an incredibly bad decision. Apparently Deener & Billy Reed were happier than pigs in shit for hours afterwards. Kinda question Mags52 bringing this into his bright spotlight a day & a half later.

even DA admits that Cal has treated him nothing but first class....that ain't happening anymore with this backstab, DA.

Cal has kept his head down for the most part and stayed relatively quiet by his standards. I am still in IDGAF mode due to the loss but I am starting to gain a little glimmer of excitement about being the more underrated/less talked about squad like 2011 and our coach with something to prove. The pressure not to go 40-0! will be a relief really. I like my team.

My guess is that Cal was surprised by Dakari and Aaron actually going pro. If they were coming back would anyone have any of the doubts they have right now?

Pushing first rounders, or better yet giving them good advice to go if projected as first rounders, is not a bad thing. But it is nice of DA to pick 1 of the 7 to leave to make his point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT