ADVERTISEMENT

Gyero- Derby week

-I may be getting too worked up on the Logo deal but thats just ineptitude. I guess I need some perspective.

-I used to be all in on Derby parties. Still have to get my bets in but I guess having a million kids just changes everything. "I'VE GOT KIDS MOTHER F@CKER"

-Really like the coverage of the Barnstable Brown party by the local news. Jordan Vilines with a heavy cleavage showing dress last year. Yes.

-Tara Lipinski tho. Huge fan. Now Johnny Weir is special creature.

-Really liking these dry conditions. Lexington is +8" for rainfall so far this April. ENOUGH.

-Like my neighborhoods and schools but need a little land. the 1/4 acre is not cutting it. Moving though just sounds awful. Plus showing a house, yuck. But need to make that decision soon.

"What if I told you that tying a 21st century college sports program to 1970s horse racing wasn't the best idea?"

"GO BIG GLUE - an ESPN 30for30."

-I may be getting too worked up on the Logo deal but thats just ineptitude. I guess I need some perspective.
Perfectly reasonable. It's ridiculous. The checkboards are the equivalent to us using an Olde English K and hashtagging everything #K1C4.

The claw, Buffalo and Houston's logo, checkerboard, RISE!!!!, terrible use of the HD boards, The K flag backwards. Just another long trend of UK marketing f*cking things up.

<
University_of_Houston_Logo.svg

screen-shot-2015-04-29-at-2-37-54-pm.png

Go Cougs!!

Well, all I can tell you is we had to move the Toyota signage on the scoreboard to accommodate the new Under Armour logo. They are letting us put a Tundra on a stand behind the end zone seating on the side opposite the Nutter Center. Kind of like we have with the Seattle Seahawks, Tennessee Titans and Cincinnati Reds.

Here is a field concept image that was included in our package.

UK_UA_CommonwealthTurf2015_zpsmqwu7ovs.jpg

Team Anth >>>>> UK marketing.

Think of all these grievances, the backwards flag pisses the birthday boy off more than anything.

I love how UK thinks they really did some groundbreaking shit with that logo change. "WE'VE AMENDED THE PARADIGM, GANG. THE BUZZWORD IS PALPABLE."

I've always thought the people who actually complained that that Wildcat tongue looked like a dong needed to go see a doctor and/or health class text book.

Reactions: Mashburned
Newsflash... the current logo looks just like the Houston logo, too.

Nike did us no favors. We should be a flagship program for them and they treat us like Houston and Buffalo.

Part of the reason we are switching to UA, IMO. (along with huge $$$$$$$$$$)

New UA unis:

(1) Pappy's picture on the helmets
(2) A Wildcat (with penis tongue) on the crotch
(3) Claws sticking up out of the shoulder pads
(4) Cleats with fur
(4) "Kentucky" written in Comic Sans
(5) A horse tail attached to pants to represent horse racing tradition
(6) Brown unis to represent bourbon tradition
(7) Food stamp stripes down pants to represent massive poverty tradition
(8) Mouthpieces made of coal to represent black lung tradition

Some light Googling shows that Bama and LSU had checkerboards before Tennessee, along with a lot of CFB from the 1930's onward.

Being distraught over it is playing a victim to the short collective memory of sport and provincial thought IMHO.

Come on. I had some Mashburns and all the little jackasses with spiked parts had LA Gear!

All I want is for our uniforms and/or designs to be similar to Maryland's Under Armour stuff. Is that too much to ask?

wTYmMb8.jpg

While DA was off base in his comments, his biggest mistake was speaking outside the family about it
godfather00008.png

How are the simplest things the stuff they touch up the most? What the touch is this new logo? Is it permanent for all teams or just pertaining to the Memorial floor and Potsy's band of dikes?

I'm confused and I'm not reading that statement from Schlafer.

All teams, all surfaces and beginning next year all gear iirc

Notre Dame switched to UA. That's a pretty big get in the sports world. Other giants will follow suit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT