ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones

What does this do to Davos' relationship with Stannis? If we're to believe Davos is a thinking man, how could it make sense for him to continue to blindly follow Stannis (now a confirmed zealot / fanatic) after finding out what happened?

Davos is charged with finding Rickon by Lord Manderly in the books. Perhaps he is somehow sent on a similar quest by Sansa to find her brothers if he does not return to actively serving Stannis.

Yup. The way this show can make you switch on a character in an instant is amazing.
Jamie
The Hound
Theon
Ramsay
Stannis
Tormand (sp)
Ollie

Yup. The way this show can make you switch on a character in an instant is amazing.
Jamie
The Hound
Theon
Ramsay
Stannis
Tormand (sp)
Ollie
Not me. Never liked Ollie. Shifty eyed little rascal.

I'm probably in the minority but I thought that closing scene was great until Drogon showed up. As soon as they were surrounded it was obvious the dragons would intervene somehow, but I'm not even talking about the telegraph.

I couldn't help but to laugh my ass off at her mounting that dragon and riding it. It was just comical to me, not awe-inspiring or cool. It was funny. I don't think that was the intended emotion, but that's what I came away with. Root cause was probably her acting ability.

Again...probably not the consensus take here but it had to be said.

I felt bad for Ollie, y'know? One minute he's shootin the shit with his dad, razzing on moms potatoe pie! Next minute pops has an arrow through the face and moms getting eaten alive by a wild man. Yes sir, for a minute there Ollie had it all.

What Stannis did was horrible and he deserves an equally horrible death. but Ramsey is a psycho that tortures just for fun. Remember the girl they chased through the woods? Shot her in the leg with an arrow and then sic'd the dogs on her.

Flayed the Ironborn guy (that probably deserved it) after promising safe passage. Flayed the old woman that wanted to help Sannsa.

Now, burning to death would be terrible but would be over quick. Getting flayed has to take a looooong and painful time.

None of that compares to a self proclaimed King killing his only child. More, a whole hell of a lot more should be expected from a King vs a bastard kid. Stannis has proven to only have loyalty to himself.

Davos is going to be pissed, wouldn't blame him if he never serves Stannis again.

My guess is Ramsey and Stannis both end up dead sooner or later, so I don't think anyone has to root for either one.

What's left to show in the final?

Is Danny going to burn the city by unleashing the other dragons? She's an idiot if she continues to think she rule that place without a major shake-up. There wouldn't be any leaders left if I were there.

Yep. The dragon riding had a definite Fonz jumping a shark feeling to it for me. Thought it was pretty funny/absurd.
I get that but at the same time it's basically what the show has been building for for like 7 years now so we saw it coming. Now we just need Bran to warg into the dragon and blow a hole through cersei and that'll be that

They managed to get the Red Wedding and Mountain vs. Viper right....that dragon flight scene would have fit really well with a Mellisa Ethridge song or maybe "I Don't Wanna Wait".

It was corny, yo

They only have so much budget for a TV show. I thought the dragon looked good in its closeups and pretty good when it was frying the Sons of the Harpy, but Dany riding it looked like shit. Plus, anything was gonna be a come down from Hardhome. I don't know that they will ever top the last 20 minutes of that episode no matter how many years they do the show.

Just now managed to watch the episode. Wow.

One major complaint I have is the amount of foreshadowing they do on their "Previously on Game of Thrones" that they do before the theme song/opening. I knew before the episode even started that they were going to burn Shireen (or at least try to).

As for whether we're caught up with the books, that just depends on what happens next week.

B Rax good call on Wig Wam.....Jorah redeemed himself. Tyrion killed a Harpy and was his witty self. Dragon saving the day was predictable but I enjoyed it. Her riding off on dragon was cheesy. Damn Stannis, really your own daughter?

Yep. The dragon riding had a definite Fonz jumping a shark feeling to it for me. Thought it was pretty funny/absurd.
While they didn't quite pull it off with the effects, it is part of the narrative and I can't see it as a shark jumping moment. We all knew this moment was coming. Sorry that you can't buy all the way into the fantastical elements.

Reactions: UK_Norm
While they didn't quite pull it off with the effects, it is part of the narrative and I can't see it as a shark jumping moment. We all knew this moment was coming. Sorry that you can't buy all the way into the fantastical elements.

Agree with this. They pretty much had to do this scene. IMO it leads her to the event that will likely help her conquer Westeros.

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
Just now managed to watch the episode. Wow.

One major complaint I have is the amount of foreshadowing they do on their "Previously on Game of Thrones" that they do before the theme song/opening. I knew before the episode even started that they were going to burn Shireen (or at least try to).

As for whether we're caught up with the books, that just depends on what happens next week.

They've foreshadowed Shireen getting burned all season, she might as well said she was 3 days from retirement.

It was pretty sweet how Ramsay basically made Stannis' camp magically go up in flames like that.

I guess it isn't plausible that melisandre had anything to do with the fires? Just to force stannis' hand a little bit? Idk

Agree with this. They pretty much had to do this scene. IMO it leads her to the event that will likely help her conquer Westeros.

Right. Had to be done. And I agree the effects were the let down, not the scene itself. The dragon looked surprisingly awful next to a human.

I guess it isn't plausible that melisandre had anything to do with the fires? Just to force stannis' hand a little bit? Idk

I thought about that at first. Then I remembered last episode when Ramsey asked his dad for 20 men; and Davos said it looked like the damage was done by 20 men or so.

Yeah, I remember that too. Would make it interesting though if we find out next week Ramsay had nathan to do with it.

Also, just realized this is all setting up perfectly for Breann to drive oath keeper through stannis and finally get her revenge for Rinley, right?

Yeah, I remember that too. Would make it interesting though if we find out next week Ramsay had nathan to do with it.

Also, just realized this is all setting up perfectly for Breann to drive oath keeper through stannis and finally get her revenge for Rinley, right?

That would be interesting and wouldn't surprise me at all.

It seems like its setting up for her to kill stannis or the boltons. I'm not sure which it'll be.

Next week's episode should be absolutely epic.

Stabbed by Olly and probably everyone else not named Sam or Dolorous Edd Tollett.

Who does he kill? Tommen? Probably. Kevan Lannister has been a bit player in the show.

Halfman is taking over Mereen in Dany's absence. Mark it down. I can't wait to watch him absolutely skewer some half-wit for suggesting something imbecilic.

Much is suggested. Nothing actually happens. Do we see the Pink Letter? I assume so.

He has to do something, right?

She escapes. Does Theon help? It would be awesome if she ended up with Davos on a quest to go find Rickon.

Going to Skagos to find Rickon, or have they completely written Rickon out of the show? If so, have fun freezing your balls off while looking for Westeros' most boring character, Onion Knight.

Actually, these two are just going to order some Taco Bell and mooch around for a bit. It seems that no matter how terrible the storyline provided, these two will make it awesome so Marcus Welby.

So much nekkid street walking, shame, and vitriol.

Do we get any of the Aegon story this year?

Also, I'm not sure that Dany makes an appearance in the final episode. Her landing the dragon would make a great first scene for season six and she isn't needed for anything that is set to happen in the last episode.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT