ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones

Oh yeah. That was the other dark headed dude. The gay one.

I'm a n00b
In death as in life, Renly took it from behind.
Thrones-renly-shadow.jpg

On another note... For as decent of a guy that Ned Stark was he knew that Jon was a heir to the throne and allowed him to take the black thus by law giving up all claims to the throne. I know that doesn't mean squat now but Ned didn't know how things would turn out.

Indeed. Although we don't know if Rhaegar married Lyanna before Jon's birth, legitimizing him as an heir.

I assume that Ned discussed this with Benjen Stark and Jeor Mormont prior to and that is why Jon was basically coddled by the Night's Watch at first.

However, Jon's grandfather did murder Ned's father and brother and the Targs were believed to be inbred to the point of probable insanity. Maybe even honorable Ned had a little vengeance in his heart.

I think Ned kept the secret and told no one. Ned sent Jon to the wall because at the time it would have been safe for him and he knew lady bitch stark would never be kind to Jon. Ned would never give up his word to Lyanna. I truly think he and Howland reed are the only people who knew that were alive at the beginning of the series.

Also remember had Robert known Lyanna was getting down and dirty with Rhaegar that he would have wanted Jon dead and possibly could have harmed his relationship with the Starks and winterfell. This jeopardizing Ned and his homestead as well.

Ned was going to keep his secret and I think he also thought Benjen would bring the boy along and he could bring honor to himself at the wall even though he was a bastard.

I think Rhaegar made Jon his heir by marrying Lyanna as older tradition allowed targearyens to have more than one wife.

This is what I would like to see happen:

Season 7
1. Dany conquers the South, takes the Iron Throne. Tyrion kills Cersei (Valonqar prophecy fulfilled). Jaime is captured and Tyrion convinces Dany to spare him and allow him to fight for them, adding the Lannister banner to her ranks.
2. Arya meets up with the Hound and then Melisandre. The three go to King's Landing and are there during the invasion. The Hound finally gets his chance at revenge on his brother, the Mountain, when he encounters the Mountain under the city attempting to set off the wildfire. Both are destroyed by the wildfire, but Melisandre uses her magic to contain the blast as her final sacrifice for the Lord of Light. Arya witnesses Tyrion kill Cersei. She escapes, but it's unclear where she is going.
3. Jon prepares the North for the White Walker invasion.
4. Bran returns to Winterfell and reveals the truth about Jon. Bran has a vision about Tyrion's true parents (Mad King is his real father, making him a Targaryean).
5. The Wall comes down and the White Walkers arrive.
6. Jon and Dany form an alliance. Jon denounces any claim to the Iron Throne, but remains King of the North.
7. Bran reveals the truth to Tyrion.
8. Sam returns with knowledge of how to defeat the White Walkers using the Horn of Winter.

Season 8
1. Jon, Dany, and Tyrion ride the three dragons leading their combined forces against the Night King and his White Walker army.
2. Jon uses the Horn of Winter to defeat the Night King. The Night King retreats and Sam reveals how to repair the Wall.
3. With the White Walkers defeated, Jon returns to Winterfell with Sansa and Bran. Sansa turns Littlefinger down again and he heads back to King's Landing. Sam is named head of the Night's Watch.
4. Dany and Tyrion return to King's Landing. Dany decides to return to Essos and marry her true love Daario and rule from Mereen. She leaves the Iron Throne to Tyrion, who names Jaime his Hand. Littlefinger becomes his chief advisor (as he continues to plot to gain the Iron Throne).
5. The series ends with the known world ruled by three Targaryeans- Jon in North Westeros, Tyrion in South Westeros, and Dany in Essos. Thus the three headed dragon rules the world.

Probably forgetting something key, but that wraps everything up nice and neat. Not Martin's style, so it probably won't end up that way.

But that's what I would do.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnBlue_
This is what I would like to see happen:

Season 7
1. Dany conquers the South, takes the Iron Throne. Tyrion kills Cersei (Valonqar prophecy fulfilled). Jaime is captured and Tyrion convinces Dany to spare him and allow him to fight for them, adding the Lannister banner to her ranks.
2. Arya meets up with the Hound and then Melisandre. The three go to King's Landing and are there during the invasion. The Hound finally gets his chance at revenge on his brother, the Mountain, when he encounters the Mountain under the city attempting to set off the wildfire. Both are destroyed by the wildfire, but Melisandre uses her magic to contain the blast as her final sacrifice for the Lord of Light. Arya witnesses Tyrion kill Cersei. She escapes, but it's unclear where she is going.
3. Jon prepares the North for the White Walker invasion.
4. Bran returns to Winterfell and reveals the truth about Jon. Bran has a vision about Tyrion's true parents (Mad King is his real father, making him a Targaryean).
5. The Wall comes down and the White Walkers arrive.
6. Jon and Dany form an alliance. Jon denounces any claim to the Iron Throne, but remains King of the North.
7. Bran reveals the truth to Tyrion.
8. Sam returns with knowledge of how to defeat the White Walkers using the Horn of Winter.

Season 8
1. Jon, Dany, and Tyrion ride the three dragons leading their combined forces against the Night King and his White Walker army.
2. Jon uses the Horn of Winter to defeat the Night King. The Night King retreats and Sam reveals how to repair the Wall.
3. With the White Walkers defeated, Jon returns to Winterfell with Sansa and Bran. Sansa turns Littlefinger down again and he heads back to King's Landing. Sam is named head of the Night's Watch.
4. Dany and Tyrion return to King's Landing. Dany decides to return to Essos and marry her true love Daario and rule from Mereen. She leaves the Iron Throne to Tyrion, who names Jaime his Hand. Littlefinger becomes his chief advisor (as he continues to plot to gain the Iron Throne).
4. The series ends with the known world ruled by three Targaryeans- Jon in North Westeros, Tyrion in South Westeros, and Dany in Essos. Thus the three headed dragon rules the world.

Probably forgetting something key, but that wraps everything up nice and neat. Not Martin's style, so it probably won't end up that way.

But that's what I would do.

Bah.

I won't settle for anything less than Jon Snow sitting on the iron throne. Danny has never been smart enough to be a ruler

Jon is not exactly a brainiac.

But if you're looking for intelligence in your Ruler of the Seven Kingdoms, there's only one option:

VOTE BAELISH!

Jon is not exactly a brainiac.

But if you're looking for intelligence in your Ruler of the Seven Kingdoms, there's only one option:

VOTE BAELISH!

Tyrion is the better choice. Level headed and a better heart. LittleFinger is only out for himself.

I'm starting to think that maybe Jon wasn't Neds bastard son at all. But who's son is he?!?

My theory I came up with: Jon is the son of Neds sister and Rhaegar.

Ned totally nailed Wylla.

The man put on some Barry White, hit both sides, and made an illegitimate child. 'fer sure.

I won't settle for anything less than Jon Snow sitting on the iron throne. Danny has never been smart enough to be a ruler, all she knows is that she wants to rule. Not much different than her brother imo.

She was surrounded by people who ruled (or counselled ruling) via absolute power - Darrio, Grey Worm, Missandei. She is now counseled by Tyrion, who has a lighter touch. Her character is developing. FFS, she's like 18. And Jon is not exactly an Eisenhower.

I don't think there will be an iron throne when it's all said and done. After the battle with the Others I'm betting that Westeros goes back to being seven kingdoms.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT