ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones

Yup. Although I think it will be the second or third episode before we learn the ultimate fate of Lord Snow. I'm curious to see whether Alistair Thorne gets in on the stabbin'. They've been writing him to be slightly less hateful, so maybe he is the force of reason and/or guy who stops the attack. Or maybe he is the ringleader. We shall see.

So long as she's out of Mereen and doing things, I'm good. The books were painfully boring in that regard.

With Tyrion aiding Dany in the show, is that prelude to Aegon not appearing in the show? Or is Dany's dragon flight a device to get Tyrion to support the next inbred, purple eyed, silver haired heir he finds? I suspect the later. Aegon is the only major book piece missing in the show, if one assumes that the show is just ignoring the Iron Islands.

Aegon and Caitlyn are both missing; so far.

Something tells me Melisandre will bring Jon back. I don't think she would just up and abandon Stannis for any other reason.

I'm also not 100% convinced that Brienne executed Stannis. This would be the first time (IIRC) that a major character has died off screen, so i'm hoping that she didn't "pull the trigger".
Stannis is dead. They completed his character arc, finished assassinating his character, as D&D (the directors responsible for all this bullshit, not GRRM) can't write a character with any depth, or choose not to with the television crowd.
They even gave Stannis those last two Bolton goons to kill as a send off as an homage for his fans.

Some questions about this episode.

Why, if they knew she was coming and had the Mountain bent on vengeance, did they allow Cersi to be humiliated like that? She could easily have been killed or seriously injured. Why not turn him loose on them? Cersi is already plotting her revenge. I'd hate to be the high sparrow and that woman that tormented her during her lockup.

Why was Melisandre so wrong about Stannis beating the Boltons? If she was powerful enough to give birth to the Stannis shadow that killed his brother, how did she not see his humiliating defeat coming before she did? And why would she bring Jon Snow back even if she could? Why not Stannis?

Ramsey loves Torturing. why wouldn't he be looking for Stannis to torture/kill? And why were the Boltons worried about a siege when they had such a large army themselves? It was at least as big as the one Stannis had even before all the desertions.

Why didn't the ship immediately return to Dorne after Jamie's daughter was poisoned?

Stannis is dead. They completed his character arc, finished assassinating his character, as D&D (the directors responsible for all this bullshit, not GRRM) can't write a character with any depth, or choose not to with the television crowd.
They even gave Stannis those last two Bolton goons to kill as a send off as an homage for his fans.

I think youre right. Im about 90% sure hes dead. Just curious we didn't see the death blow. That's why I leave the 10% chance she may have changed her mind.

We also didn't see the Hound die but I'm pretty sure he's dead.

Question: why the f didn't Jon snow and the wildlings not start telling EVERYBODY AT THE WALL about the wight walkers THE SECOND THEY GOT BACK? I mean, I get that the guys at the watch would be skeptical but my goodness. I would think all of them corroborating the same story would give them *some* credence. They didn't even mention all that shit on screen did they? Seems like that would be a nice heads up.

Also, I think melisandre is going to bring Jon snow back. They've already shown the lord of light bringing folks back to life back when arya was with them in that cave Seems like that would be a good "previously on" set up for her doing that for Jon.

Speaking of arya I'm *totally* lost when it comes to her storyline. Makes no sense wtf is happening with her.

Reactions: _Chase_
Some questions about this episode.

Why, if they knew she was coming and had the Mountain bent on vengeance, did they allow Cersi to be humiliated like that? She could easily have been killed or seriously injured. Why not turn him loose on them? Cersi is already plotting her revenge. I'd hate to be the high sparrow and that woman that tormented her during her lockup.
They've all turned on her, except for Qyburn, and he doesn't have the authority to turn "Ser Robert" loose on a rampage.

Why was Melisandre so wrong about Stannis beating the Boltons? If she was powerful enough to give birth to the Stannis shadow that killed his brother, how did she not see his humiliating defeat coming before she did? And why would she bring Jon Snow back even if she could? Why not Stannis?
This is just speculation: One thing the books cover that the show left out is that Melisandre starts to doubt herself and her ability to read the flames. One theory is that Jon is Azor Ahai, not Stannis, and she finally figured it out.

Ramsey loves Torturing. why wouldn't he be looking for Stannis to torture/kill? And why were the Boltons worried about a siege when they had such a large army themselves? It was at least as big as the one Stannis had even before all the desertions.
I'm sure he probably was looking for Stannis so he could flay him. Brienne found him first. As for the siege: Roose is cool and calculated where Ramsay is a psycho. As Roose already explained int he show, a siege is a way for them to win against Stannis without having a single death. They had shelter, warmth, and plenty of food. Winter would've wiped out Stannis' army in time.

Why didn't the ship immediately return to Dorne after Jamie's daughter was poisoned?
That's the logical thing. But now Jamie and Bron have Tristane. Once Prince Doran finds out what they did to Myrcella, he will be enraged because he knows the Lannisters now have his heir.

Reactions: -LEK-
We also didn't see the Hound die but I'm pretty sure he's dead.

In the books it is very heavily implied, almost to the point of a big f'n neon sign flashing SANDOR CLEGANE IS NOT DEAD that he is not in fact dead, but has found religion.

They've all turned on her, except for Qyburn, and he doesn't have the authority to turn "Ser Robert" loose on a rampage.

This is just speculation: One thing the books cover that the show left out is that Melisandre starts to doubt herself and her ability to read the flames. One theory is that Jon is Azor Ahai, not Stannis, and she finally figured it out.

I'm sure he probably was looking for Stannis so he could flay him. Brienne found him first. As for the siege: Roose is cool and calculated where Ramsay is a psycho. As Roose already explained int he show, a siege is a way for them to win against Stannis without having a single death. They had shelter, warmth, and plenty of food. Winter would've wiped out Stannis' army in time.

That's the logical thing. But now Jamie and Bron have Tristane. Once Prince Doran finds out what they did to Myrcella, he will be enraged because he knows the Lannisters now have his heir.

I think youre right about Melisandre. I think she realized shed misread the flames, and that John Snow was the real Azor Ahai.

Impulse would say that Jamie and Bron would've turned around. But what options would they have? They cant wage war with only themselves.

thats interesting news, coolcat. I really need to read these damn books.

I'm only speculating but I think Melisandre may have set Stannis up all along. I think she calculated the entire disaster. Burning Stannis' daughter so his army had no hope (after half deserted), but still would be able to march forward to their deaths. I feel this way because what interest does Melisandre actually have in Stannis claiming the throne? Well, none. She's a religious fanatic, and she wants to resurrect Jon Snow as Azor Ahai. He won't have to worry about losing his spirit (which does happen when reviving people with fire magic according to Thoros of Mir), because he could have warged into Ghost (which I believe all Starks can do) to keep his spirit alive while his body was dead, which may have to do with why Ghost wasn't there.
I think after he's revived, his already rare/special sword becomes a flaming rare/special sword, he goes back to claim Dragonstone (Stannis' old city) where dragon glass to kill the white walkers is in a heavy abundance, with a wildling army, and Sam Tarly & the wildling girl and child.

Things that suggests this happens?
- Well, first, she led Stannis' army to a complete rout, and took care of him, and she headed back to Castle Black at a rather opportune time.
- She says that Azor Ahai will be reborn amidst the salt and smoke (in the chapter with Jon Snow's death, in the book, his attack is described as smokings wounds, with his Night's Watch attackers crying salty tears as they're stabbing him).
- She looks into the fire and says "I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R’hllor shows me only Snow."
- Also validating the Jon's-spirit-goes-into-Ghost theory is a vision Melisandre has while looking into her flames:
"The flames crackled softly, and in their crackling she heard the whispered name Jon Snow. His long face floated before her, limned in tongues of red and orange, appearing and disappearing again, a shadow half- seen behind a fluttering curtain. Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again."
- it should also be noted that in the book, before he (or his body at least) dies, he says "Ghost", which may be him attempting to warg into Ghost.

Last edited:
Reactions: UK_Norm
Shame

Shame

Shame

(ring, ring, ring)

Shame

Shame

Shame

(ring, ring, ring)

Shame

Shame

Shame

(ring, ring, ring)

Shame

Shame

Shame

(ring, ring, ring)

Shame

Shame

Shame

(ring, ring, ring)

Shame

Shame

Shame

(ring, ring, ring)

Did anyone notice that Cersei looked funny on her walk of shame? It seems that the actress was pregnant at the time of filming so they had to use a body double with Cersei's face super-imposed on the body. Lena Headey (Cersei) is actually pretty flat chested and very tattoed as opposed to the body double.
lena-487284.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...used-in-pivotal-cersei-scene/?intcmp=features

Last edited:
I thought the head and body looked a little strange, now that it was a body double that just pisses me off more, this episode just bites.

That makes sense but on the other hand, they have to know Cersi will remember who did and did not help her. And she is not the most forgiving woman either. So, I could understand them not helping her if they weren't going to allow her to return and I assume, to regain her power. She will seek revenge.

You know what Cersi will plot to get her revenge cause she's batshit crazy.

I thought it's more intriguing on what Jaime will do with his daughter poisoned.
Seeing his daughter grow up from the shadows unable to tell her the truth that he was her father.
When she came out and acknowledged him, he only had that small moment to bond as a parent till she collapsed.
Will we get the douchebag Jaime that pushed Bran Stark out the tower or the more humble Jaime we have seen lately?

You know what Cersi will plot to get her revenge cause she's batshit crazy.

I thought it's more intriguing on what Jaime will do with his daughter poisoned.
Seeing his daughter grow up from the shadows unable to tell her the truth that he was her father.
When she came out and acknowledged him, he only had that small moment to bond as a parent till she collapsed.
Will we get the douchebag Jaime that pushed Bran Stark out the tower or the more humble Jaime we have seen lately?

Speaking of Jamie. Since he is having a hard time fighting with his left hand, why not ditch that stupid looking hand they made for him and have one made in the shape of a sword? I'm sure someone could figure out a way to attach/detach it quickly. And then he'd be able to fight again.

Speaking of Jamie. Since he is having a hard time fighting with his left hand, why not ditch that stupid looking hand they made for him and have one made in the shape of a sword? I'm sure someone could figure out a way to attach/detach it quickly. And then he'd be able to fight again.

When Cersi gave the hand, to him didn't he comment a hook would have been more practical?

That makes sense but on the other hand, they have to know Cersi will remember who did and did not help her. And she is not the most forgiving woman either. So, I could understand them not helping her if they weren't going to allow her to return and I assume, to regain her power. She will seek revenge.

She's basically been stripped of all power. This is another thing that the books illustrated well but the show whiffed on. Her "cronies" for lack of a better word, have jumped off her ship.

My guess:

We don't see Stannis die, but he's dead.
We see Jon die, but he's not dead. (or not dead for long at least)

Don't think Cersi is going to be stripped of powers in the show. Didn't look like it last night at least. As much as I hate her, I'm always up for some sweet revenge.

If Snow is not brought back there will be no more scenes from the Wall. His story was the only story told in the TV series when it came to the Wall.

Stannis is dead, what reason would they have to bring him back now?

We could use the same logic everyone is running with on Jamie's daughter too. They didn't show her die so maybe she doesn't?? I knew the second he kissed that witch that she was getting poisoned. If they turn around her brother-in-law will have her killed. Win win.

You had to know it would have been too good to see the Boltons defeated. Bad guys rule on GoT and they were running low this season.

Don't think Cersi is going to be stripped of powers in the show. Didn't look like it last night at least. As much as I hate her, I'm always up for some sweet revenge.

You could be right, but I don't see it. I do think she's going to win her trial (via trial by combat with Ser Robert Strong aka "FrankenMountain"), but I think her days in power are over. As Varys said "power resides where men believe it resides", and after her walk of shame nobody believes that she has any power anymore.

But speaking of Varys, in the book he does go out of his way (won't post a spoiler) to try to keep Ceresi in power. The longer she stays in power, the deeper of a hole she digs for herself (and her House), and this is a good thing for Varys and people who want people to rise for Daenarys when she comes over.

If Snow is not brought back there will be no more scenes from the Wall. His story was the only story told in the TV series when it came to the Wall.

You're right. That story just cannot be over. The only thing they could so with the Wall is make Alliser Thorne into a big villain, that way when the Others sweep through there and mutilate everyone it would be a bit of satisfaction. But thats not happening either. Jon Snow will be back, i'd almost bet my life on it.

Stannis is dead, what reason would they have to bring him back now?

We could use the same logic everyone is running with on Jamie's daughter too. They didn't show her die so maybe she doesn't?? I knew the second he kissed that witch that she was getting poisoned. If they turn around her brother-in-law will have her killed. Win win.

Agreed. I think his story is over. Even if he lived, where does he go from here story-wise? He has no army, no family, no heir, and no friends once Davos finds out what he did to Shireen. As for Myrcella, she's not a major character and in GoT major characters just don't die off-screen.

I agree. She may not be as powerful as before but her son is still the King! So she will still have a lot of power.

Stannis - next lc of the nights watch, imo. Have a feeling Pad betrayed Brienne.

Jon and Melisandre will head down to Dragonstone and come up with some wild plan to take out the damn walkers. Carl ERRRRRR Ollie will get murked by a walker before Jon can save him. But Ollie will realize just before he dies that he was wrong and a terrible shitty human being and wasted his life. Then he dies forever and no one revives him, because he sucks and everyone hates his little damn ass

Well, it was a season. Certainly did last 10 hrs.

kind of interesting to now hw many major characters are in the same place/status at the end of tv's 6th season & the 4th/5th books.

Jon Snow, Cersi, Theon/Reek, Daenerys, Arya, Bran, Sam & Gilly, Bolton's, Mountain That Rides/Ser Robert Strong, Melisandre all pretty much aligned. I guess Tyrion & Jorah are on their way to being the same (save the greyscale) in the books towards where they are in the show.

Reactions: Tom Banjo
Shame

Shame

Shame

(ring, ring, ring)

Shame

Shame

Shame

(ring, ring, ring)

Shame

Shame

Shame

(ring, ring, ring)

Shame

Shame

Shame

(ring, ring, ring)

Shame

Shame

Shame

(ring, ring, ring)

Shame

Shame

Shame

(ring, ring, ring)

Jon Snow is dead, but what about Jon Targaryen? maybe Jon spends all of season 6 in Ghost before coming back in season 7? Maybe Kit Harrington really isn't coming back. Jon's spirit could inhabit another body. That would suck, but it is a possibility.

There's a lot of speculation about whether he warg'd into Ghost right before he "died" (probably because his last word at the end of the most recent book was "Ghost"). I think it's very possible, but there's no way it would last a whole season.

I'm 100% convinced that he'll be back. Kit Harrington and the shows creators have said point blank that "Jon is dead", but nobody has questioned that. The relevant question, and the one that they haven't gave a straight answer to is "will he be back?"

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
I think they can say Jon is dead, because he is. I dont think his character is gone. We see him die, so they can say hes dead without lying. Semantics, but still.

I think he is probably Azor dude reborn. Millsandre rides back to Castle Black in the night because she sees Jon Snow in the flames. She went in the middle of the night not to leave Stannis, but to save Jon Snow, from what she saw in the fire. She has the power to rez the dead.

I think they can say Jon is dead, because he is. I dont think his character is gone. We see him die, so they can say hes dead without lying. Semantics, but still.

I think he is probably Azor dude reborn. Millsandre rides back to Castle Black in the night because she sees Jon Snow in the flames. She went in the middle of the night not to leave Stannis, but to save Jon Snow, from what she saw in the fire. She has the power to rez the dead.

Which will really put the audience in a moral conundrum. We have witnessed the red witch do some pretty messed up stuff in the name of the LOL. To have Jon playing for that team now will be interesting.

Where the red witch messed up is that Stannis was never a king, his daughter did not have kings blood so the whole sacrifice thing was bs. When she used Roberts bastards blood of course it worked because he actually had kings blood in him. Stannis was never more than a self appointed. Depending on who Jon's father is she might have something to work with but then she can't sacrifice him since he's already dead and has no children.

MV5BNzQ4MDk3NjMyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjk4MjAzNDE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

The body double who we saw walk naked in Lena Heady's place. Rebecca Van Cleave.

Where the red witch messed up is that Stannis was never a king, his daughter did not have kings blood so the whole sacrifice thing was bs. When she used Roberts bastards blood of course it worked because he actually had kings blood in him. Stannis was never more than a self appointed. Depending on who Jon's father is she might have something to work with but then she can't sacrifice him since he's already dead and has no children.

MV5BNzQ4MDk3NjMyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjk4MjAzNDE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

The body double who we saw walk naked in Lena Heady's place. Rebecca Van Cleave.
Depending? Come on man.

Where the red witch messed up is that Stannis was never a king, his daughter did not have kings blood so the whole sacrifice thing was bs. When she used Roberts bastards blood of course it worked because he actually had kings blood in him. Stannis was never more than a self appointed.

If Robert had kings blood then so did Stannis. He was Robert's heir.

Meh, it didn't work.

No one has mentioned Arya's fate yet. The line from Jagen H'ghar "to someone the faces are as good as poison" She screwed up putting a face on while seeking revenge for her former self. That made the face poisonous and caused her to be blind.

ADVERTISEMENT