ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones

Cersei is in jail. Who'd thunk that?

The entire plot of using the religious sect to police the city is stupid. Where are the gold cloaks, the city watch, all the Lannister guards? I'll say this, the high priest is player if there ever was one. The show was running out of bad guys and he's doing a good job of filling the void. Now they have a king with no guidance that lacks the balls to do anything, maybe this sets him off and he will order them killed.

Shes not policing the city with them, she tried to take out the Tyrells with them.

The entire plot of using the religious sect to police the city is stupid. Where are the gold cloaks, the city watch, all the Lannister guards? I'll say this, the high priest is player if there ever was one. The show was running out of bad guys and he's doing a good job of filling the void. Now they have a king with no guidance that lacks the balls to do anything, maybe this sets him off and he will order them killed.

I think (and I could be wrong) that Ceresi had to use the Sparrows because the things the Tyrells were doing (adultery and gay sex) aren't really crimes in a legal sense. But they are sins, which I guess are crimes in the eyes of the gods, so the Sparrows can punish them for it.

Where were the sparrows when Robert Baratheon was sleeping with other hoes and not his wife?

[QUOT
E="miracle7s, post: 1699872, member: 3666"]Cersei will also get f'ed by the Sparrows when they find out about all her incest,[/QUOTE]

Head sparrow knows about her incest now, because her cousin ratted her out. Isn't that why they threw Cersi in jail?

This! Cersei never went anywhere without body guard but now she allows herself to be taken by a bunch of unarmed religious fanatics? Come on.

Reactions: JohnBlue_
I will say this, the casting for the show has been amazing good (minus John Snow).

The guy who plays Bolton, is terrifying.
Yeah, I hate that guy. Never thought anyone could be worse than Geoffrey. I hope Ramsey meets an equally horrible end.

[QUOT
E="miracle7s, post: 1699872, member: 3666"]Cersei will also get f'ed by the Sparrows when they find out about all her incest,

Head sparrow knows about her incest now, because her cousin ratted her out. Isn't that why they threw Cersi in jail?[/QUOTE]

you must not have noticed my post was from last week, guess I'm a soothsayer of sorts

I will say this, the casting for the show has been amazing good (minus John Snow).

The guy who plays Bolton, is terrifying.
I agree for the most part. But the girl who plays Sansa, while being drop dead gorgeous, is a pretty terrible actor IMO. Same for Danerys.

I agree for the most part. But the girl who plays Sansa, while being drop dead gorgeous, is a pretty terrible actor IMO. Same for Danerys.
Thats very true. Cersi, Tyrion, Lord Lannister, Ed Stark, even Rob, have been really well done. Joffery was perfect as a terrible kid. Also, do not think Sansa is drop dead. She looks like she has a touch of downs in her.

This! Cersei never went anywhere without body guard but now she allows herself to be taken by a bunch of unarmed religious fanatics? Come on.

Exactly. She went to visit the new queen (which probably lives in the same building) and she has two guards by her side. Not so though when visiting a cesspool jail. Bad script there.

The show has done a very poor job of setting up the rise of the Faith Militant as a power player in Kings Landing. In the book you have thousands of refugees pouring into the capital from the war torn portions of the country as a means of survival. There's a great visual last season of Arya and The Hound in the Riverlands and it's completely destroyed, which is exactly what Tywin ordered Ser Gregor to do in the second season. The religious fanatics basically overrun the capital.

The big point that the show misses out on is the fact that the High Sparrow manipulates Cersei into restoring the Faith Militant. The crown owes the Faith $1 million gold dragons and rumors of Tommen's parentage persist so the High Sparrow proposes that in exchange for the restoration of the Faith Militant he will forgive the crown's debt to the church and bless Tommen as King of Westoros. It's a much more nuanced and political decision in the book as opposed to the shortsighted stupidity Cersei displays on the show.

As for her not having guards, she did not have guards in the Sept of Baelor in earlier scenes this season with the High Sparrow. Same for the Queen of Thorns. She visits him one on one as well. That's two-fold with Cersei. One it conveys the false sense of security she feels with the High Sparrow and two it shows how powerful the Faith has become in that they can halt guards/military from entering the Sept of Baelor.

The preview descriptions for the last two episodes are online now. No spoilers but the season finale could be a doozy if I'm reading it right and if the show follows the last book.

I'm still livid we didn't get Strong Belwas or Wyman Manderly

They're actually saying that the guy who cut Tyrion loose is Belwas. He's not supposed to play any further part in the show that I know of, more like just a nod to book readers.

Reactions: CoolCat45
And I won't spoil it by providing any context, but i'm pretty sure we will get to see Ceresi's boobies in one of the last two episodes.

Reactions: -LEK-
Wyman Manderly

There was a Manderly killed at The Red Wedding on the show. Camera slowly panned by him early in the scene. We may still get Lord Too Fat to Sit a Horse, although it may be next year.

I know, that's why I was upset they didn't have him this season after presumably putting his son in the red wedding. I thought his stuff was some of the best moments from the books and is exactly the kind of stuff the show writers excel at. Not sure how they can include him after this season though.

Olly will be the one that kills or tries to kill Jon. Sam's speech about "sometimes you have to make hard choices when you know in your heart that it's right" is probably the inspiration and a little bit of foreshadowing.

Yeah so nobody really cares about Dorne anymore right?
They have absolutely butchered the entire Dorne plot. I nitpick as a book nerd, but they do a fantastic job even on stuff that wasn't in the books (Hardhome being one of many examples). But everything about Dorne has been beyond awful. Very disappointing.

Reactions: Neko Majin
Someone buy Jorah a clue, Danny doesn't like him anymore.

Glad the giant survived, but you would think anyone who can raise the dead could walk on water too. There is someone about Jon Snow's sword., does it have dragon glass in it?

So I haven't read the books but I guess the giants are just going to swim to the wall?

Was aiming to look it up if that was what it was. Seems everything to do with dragons counters their power, just need a real dragon to swoop in and take care of business.

Best episode of the season.
just about the only good one, yet. Peter Dinklage absolutely carried all the scenes with Daenarys, which is what was needed to give the Essos campaign a freaking pulse. The kid who plays Theon does well to breathe life into all Sansa scenes as well.

tumblr_np8xgfTAWK1suijfxo1_540.jpg

Its crazy thinking about the Whitewalker army. Is this what the fat author had in mind but had not gotten to? This wasnt in the book right?

Also, if it wasnt, the fate we read about with Jon Snow in the books, does this happen?

What a sick battle scene. Without question the best episode of the season. Probably the coolest since the battle at The Wall.

I sprouted a chub as soon as the music changed and saw the white mist coming over the mountains. It didn't subside until the credits were rolling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT