ADVERTISEMENT

Disney's Fantastic Four

J_Dee

Junior
Mar 21, 2008
The cast:

https://lastmovieoutpost.com/fantastic-four-cast-finally-revealed/

Fantastic-Four.jpg

Pedro Pascal will, as expected, star as Reed Richard/Mr. Fantastic, while Vanessa Kirby will star as Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman, Joseph Quinn will play her brother, Johnny Storm/The Human Torch. and Ebon Moss-Bachrach will star as Ben Grimm/The Thing.

I think that looks great. Pedro Pascal's Oberyn Martell is one of my favorite characters from Game of Thrones. I'm not familiar with Vanessa Kirby, Joseph Quinn, or Ebon Moss-Bachrach, but they look close enough to their comic book counterparts.

John Byrne pencils and inks. Colorist and letterer unknown.

A child dies after dousing himself in gasoline and setting himself on fire in an attempt to be like the Torch.

eeb7937e7d213996de1d82cc7dfb3347.jpg

EMB is great on The Bear, but I don't know Kirby or Quinn.

Ebon was great in The Punisher series on Netflix. And I hear he's really good in The Bear. Which I still need to see.

All that said, the comic book movies need to chill. They are putting out pure trash lately that even fanboys cant hide their distaste for. More classic and original cinema.. less trying to cash in on redundant super hero flicks. Thank God for A24..

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Strike one. Strike two. Third times a charm? While I am a comic book nerd at heart, I also agree they are going overboard with the neverending movies with garbage characters that your average person never heard of. While I will probably still see it, I expect Madame Web to be a bomb. It just isn't a mainstream character that most people have heard of. Plus, superhero movies based around women have a propensity to bomb (minus DC's Wonder Woman). Disney is destroying Marvel with their money grabbing ways (among other things).

They need to follow the formula that made it work the first 10ish years. Introduce the big characters and their backstories and tie them all together with a world threatening villain. They had a weak attempt at doing that with the Kang storyline, but Johnny Majors screwed that up. They should have went all in with the Secret Wars storyline as soon as the Thanos threat ended. They better get on the ball with it soon or Marvel will be done for.

I don't know what they will do with F4 number 3. They already did the backstory with Dr. Doom twice. They also threw in Galactus with the Silver Surfer once. It will be kind of boring to do either all over again. I believe Super Skrull is a villain they have fought and could tie into the Secret Invasion storyline and not jump into a repeat just yet. Maybe if it does well, they could introduce Dr. Doom in a second movie.

Loved the F4 comics as a youngster but none of the films has me interested so far.

That said the Loki series was a fantastic spinoff from the Marvel comics and movies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT