ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones

2 different stories, just deal with it and be glad. Ser Barriston is alive & well in the books and about to lead Danny's forces in the battle of fire. The Ironborn dont exist on TV have their fingers in all kinds of cool stuff over the entire book universe.

awesome scene with Stannis & his daughter though. If most people werent already all-in on him being the hero of the show they will be now. Of course I figure that means Briene will be sticking a sword through his heart in the 9th or 10th episode this yr.

This. They made the Unsullied into a bunch of pussies.

Other thoughts:

- Besides my gripe about the Unsullied, this was a fantastic episode despite the fact that they continue to go further and further from the source material.

- RIP Barriston the Bold. I think they should have made it a cliffhanger as to whether he actually died or not (like they have apparently done with Gray Worm).

- This episode gave a BUNCH of credibility to the R+L = J theory.

- One of the people on Ary'a prayer list is being sent to Braavos :D

There were, like 6 unsullied surrounded by 40 SofH. I thought they did pretty well considering. I'm glad Selmy went out with such a good fight. He probably saved Greyworm's life.

I agree on the R + L. That storyline seems to be where this is going.

In order to conclude this in two season they are going to have to deviate far from the books. I like it. Not knowing what is happening on screen is way more important to me than having a film version of the books. The books will stand on their own and I think getting an alternate universe on screen is like a bonus.

The Sand Snakes were quite disappointing visually.

The monologue the one had before tossing that spear into the merchant's head was hilarious. It was like I was watching a local aspiring actor mom in a community theatre play of ASOIAF.

All around....a very nice episode.

The Sand Snakes were quite disappointing visually.

The monologue the one had before tossing that spear into the merchant's head was hilarious. It was like I was watching a local aspiring actor mom in a community theatre play of ASOIAF.

All around....a very nice episode.
I'd bet money they have one of the snakes kill off Bronn in Dorne to give the show another "strong independent woman who don't need no man" character for feminists, by slaying the 'alcoholic womanizing misogynistic pig'.

Also even if they were going to kill Barriston, they way the went about it was pants-on-head retarded.
vfkhjq.jpg

I agree on the R + L. That storyline seems to be where this is going

Either R+L=J is happening or the writers are trolling us about it. There's no way they can make that many references to it and it be coincidental.

Grayworm stopping the throat slash at the last second would seem to indicate that Ser Barriston was not killed and is not dead. why show that and he dies anyway.
& Grayworm ain't dead either, there has been no payout for the forced invented sexual tension with him & Danny's slave C3PO.

Reactions: UK till Death
Grayworm stopping the throat slash at the last second would seem to indicate that Ser Barriston was not killed and is not dead. why show that and he dies anyway.
& Grayworm ain't dead either, there has been no payout for the forced invented sexual tension with him & Danny's slave C3PO.

And what exactly would that payoff be? A fingerblasting?

Or does the Grey Worm have a hidden Grey Worm?

he's dead, jim. The preview for next week shows his corpse, eye coins and all. His actor also stated in an interview he was caught off guard by his role ending when his character is alive at the end of the book.

he is dead fools, like the above poster said, it shows them mourning him with the rocks on his eyes in the next weeks preview.

***SPOILER ALERT***

Gray Worm likely survives. Someone on a GoT board pointed out that there's a scene with him and Missandei that hasn't happened yet that was shown in the trailer before the season began.

The unsullied would've never been taken out that easily.

Killing Ser Barriston is head scratching considering what little effort his character took. He was basically just there. Not like they had to devote tons of screen time to him. Just an odd deviation.

Didn't the book allude to them being brother and sister? I could be wrong. Its been awhile since I read them.
***SPOILER ALERT***

Gray Worm likely survives. Someone on a GoT board pointed out that there's a scene with him and Missandei that hasn't happened yet that was shown in the trailer before the season began.

Didn't the book allude to them being brother and sister? I could be wrong. Its been awhile since I read them.

In the book she has two brothers who are Unsullied, but I don't think either of them are Grey Worm.

Pretty slow episode, but necessary to move the plot forward.

Stannis is marching. I wonder if we will actually get the Battle of Winterfell this season?

He basically spends an entire book caught in snowstorms, so we will see if they actrually get there this season.

Pretty slow episode, but necessary to move the plot forward.

Slow? Tyrion almost dying, and them seeing one of the dragons? Jorah getting greyscale.

The dinner scene with the Boltons. Ramsay is an evil, sadistic bastard. Goodness. (Oh, his girlfriend was pure smoke)

Daenerys letting her dragons eat one of the family heads, and scaring the rest of them.

Although Jon Snow is important, and he is a great character...all the extended dialogue scenes at The Wall are boring to me. Someone else may well love them. A matter of tastes I guess.

It is funny the changes and combinations they are doing yo jam book 4 & 5 into 1 season

Jorah is merged into Jon Connington
Sansa into fake Arya
the annoying little squire kid of Jon Snow's for the senior brothers who argue all book long with his decisions
doom of Valeria merged into/ or with the Sorrows and the Bridge of Dream

then adding in stuff not in the books, love between Greyworm & Missandei, Briene at Winterfel, Ramsey's crazy girlfriend.

Last edited:
I'm almost convinced Ramsay doesn't live long enough to marry Sansa. The scene where she met Theon and he spoke somewhat normal showed that he's still capable of thinking about others. Wouldn't surprise me if somehow he doesn't kill Ramsay and maybe in Sansa's defense. After hearing his story Ramsay for sure takes after his daddy.

Jon Snow allowing the wildling to dictate terms was a step backwards for him. He's in charge, no way should he go with them. What's taking Stannis so long to get off the wall? Must be waiting on next season.

Missandei is smoking hot.

I know it's just a tv thing but still pathetic that Jorah, a knight proceeds to fight the grey men with what looks to be the only weapon he has, a boat oar, then after losing his boat and dragging Tyrion to shore pulls out a sword and cuts him loose.

I'm almost convinced Ramsay doesn't live long enough to marry Sansa. The scene where she met Theon and he spoke somewhat normal showed that he's still capable of thinking about others. Wouldn't surprise me if somehow he doesn't kill Ramsay and maybe in Sansa's defense. After hearing his story Ramsay for sure takes after his daddy.

Jon Snow allowing the wildling to dictate terms was a step backwards for him. He's in charge, no way should he go with them. What's taking Stannis so long to get off the wall? Must be waiting on next season.

I know it's just a tv thing but still pathetic that Jorah, a knight proceeds to fight the grey men with what looks to be the only weapon he has, a boat oar, then after losing his boat and dragging Tyrion to shore pulls out a sword and cuts him loose.

I thought it was funny that the sword was right next to Tyrion. Not much of a captor to leave the keys next to the prisoner.
And come on Tyrion we've seen you swing an axe and kill a man with a shield, you couldn't have reached over and used the sword to cut your bindings?

Good post.

- I'm not sure what will happen to the Boltons, but I know that it will be bad. They will either get crushed by Stannis, or they will fend off Stannis only to have the Others show up.

- As for Jon negotiating with the wildlings, I guess it's just necessary. Winter is indeed coming, and when the WW's come knocking they will need every last one of the wildlings.

- Agree on Missandei. Most beautiful woman on the show IMO.

- I thought Jorah cut Tyrion loose with a dagger? In that situation an oar would have been better than a dagger, since they're trying to keep the stone men from touching them.

It is funny the changes and combinations they are doing yo jam book 4 & 5 into 1 season

Jorah is merged into Jon Connington
Sansa into fake Arya
the annoying little squire kid of Jon Snow's for the senior brothers who argue all book long with his decisions
doom of Valeria merged into/ or with the Sorrows and the Bridge of Dream

then adding in stuff not in the books, love between Greyworm & Missandei, Briene at Winterfel, Ramsey's crazy girlfriend.

Still don't understand the need to force greyworm into a love interest. Not the tone of the unsullied at all. Not to mention hes a eunuch. Just odd.

How is that the new queen has zero power while the old one has it all, still? This is getting too much like lame sitcom TV. No king would allow his wife to be arrested. Since Cersei's cousin is so into riding the town of sin it's about time he confesses to his and her romance.

On the other hand I felt Tyrion's reasoning for not cutting his pecker off was actually believable. "think again" Lmao!

You had to know Jamie was going to fail but I doubt they keep him, he has a case for protecting her before the wicked withes kidnapped her.

I'm in utter shock that they allowed that beast to screw Sansa, was totally expecting a hero at the last second.

This season has really been a huge let down, next to no action and it's becoming the same ole same ole with Cersei getting her way each week.

About have lost interest in TV series after this episode,it just has went too far away from the Books now.

How is that the new queen has zero power while the old one has it all, still? This is getting too much like lame sitcom TV. No king would allow his wife to be arrested. Since Cersei's cousin is so into riding the town of sin it's about time he confesses to his and her romance.

On the other hand I felt Tyrion's reasoning for not cutting his pecker off was actually believable. "think again" Lmao!

You had to know Jamie was going to fail but I doubt they keep him, he has a case for protecting her before the wicked withes kidnapped her.

I'm in utter shock that they allowed that beast to screw Sansa, was totally expecting a hero at the last second.

This season has really been a huge let down, next to no action and it's becoming the same ole same ole with Cersei getting her way each week.

I haven't read the books but from everyone I know who has they say that George Martin does exactly the unthinkable, think red wedding. If you thought Reek/Theon would step in you were sadly mistaken, I thought some even more terrible perverse stuff might happen. With only 4 episodes left some shit better happen though we've had 6 episodes of build up and minimal happenings.

I haven't read the books but from everyone I know who has they say that George Martin does exactly the unthinkable, think red wedding. If you thought Reek/Theon would step in you were sadly mistaken, I thought some even more terrible perverse stuff might happen. With only 4 episodes left some shit better happen though we've had 6 episodes of build up and minimal happenings.

But this season has taken a turn from the books from ones that have read them have said to me.
The story line seems to be in control of the HBO writers and producers than Martin. Unless Sansa isn't really who she is.
Thought about reading the series but I really don't like waiting again for series to finally be written. I was frustrated enough with Stephen King's long sabbaticals in writing the Dark Tower : Gunslinger series. Which would make a good series for one the cable channels imo.

But this season has taken a turn from the books from ones that have read them have said to me.
The story line seems to be in control of the HBO writers and producers than Martin. Unless Sansa isn't really who she is.
Thought about reading the series but I really don't like waiting again for series to finally be written. I was frustrated enough with Stephen King's long sabbaticals in writing the Dark Tower : Gunslinger series. Which would make a good series for one the cable channels imo.

I totally get what your saying, I think earlier in this thread people mentioned characters are being morphed into each other. I think HBO knows what Martin has planned to finish the books and they and turn can finish the show. Not sure they stick with the 2+2=4 format of books to screen but hopefully the plot won't derail to much.

Based on episode titles, there is going to be an episode with a heavy focus on them this season.

Everyone is too caught up in the deviation from the books. HBO's series is an adaptation based on the books - if they writing/storylines deviate, that's cool.

And while Cersei may be pulling the strings, technically it is the religious sect imposing its power with the arrests. Note that Cersei herself is a sinner, and may well have to deal with the consequences herself. :)

The best I can say for last night's episode is that every second brought me closer to a new episode of Silicon Valley, cack merchant line notwithstanding. Since when did a bunch of religious fanatics become the unstoppable force in King's Landing? Imprisoning the queen with impunity? Pshht. Right. How does Cersei have any power anymore? I don't get it. And then there's the goofiness in Dorne with Jamie and Bronn. That whole plot line should've been accompanied by "Yakety Sax." Arya and the Game of Faces? Meh, marginally compelling, but let's get moving already. Then there's the Sansa mess. I was really hoping what happened wouldn't happen. I guess I should be grateful that it wasn't even more violent and gratuitous. And is Baelish really that cold, to essentially hand over Catelyn's daughter to the psycho Ramsey? And don't tell me he didn't know he was psycho. Baelish has spies everywhere. Just lots of holes and questions. Very weak episode in a very weak season.

I thought last night's episode was great along with this entire season, though I have read the books so I know pretty much what is coming. I like the route they have taken as far as condensing story lines and merging plots. Completely, respectfully disagree with CMD.

Stannis, Snow and the wildlings have been the best story arc so far this season. The rest just seem blah and unattached.

So many characters have disappeared also.
Rikon Stark.
Any the Tully's like Blackfish
Roberts bastards.

Last night has about lost it for me also since when does the Queen mother have more power than the QUEEN?

I thought last night's episode was great along with this entire season, though I have read the books so I know pretty much what is coming. I like the route they have taken as far as condensing story lines and merging plots. Completely, respectfully disagree with CMD.

Yep. If it even slightly follows the books, theres a character due for a pretty serious fall anytime now.

Will keep watching and I don't care if they deviate from the books, but I have a few issues with the current writing. Really, really sick of the Ramsay Snow character. It's not even like Joffrey, his screen time is as entertaining as a snuff film. Just murder him and be done with it.

Cersei using the Sparrows to rule Kings Landing is ludicrous, too. Where is the King's Guard or the other Lannister forces? Also Cersei using someone's sexual proclivities against them is stupid when she is in the greatest danger of having herself and her inbred children exposed.

Finally, what is the deal with Baelish? Why go to Cersei now, the Lannisters power is almost gone if Tommen does not grow up quickly. Cersei's blessing to him to become Lord of the North is meaningless gesture and he's always been the smartest when it comes to knowing all the angles.

Will keep watching and I don't care if they deviate from the books, but I have a few issues with the current writing. Really, really sick of the Ramsay Snow character. It's not even like Joffrey, his screen time is as entertaining as a snuff film. Just murder him and be done with it.

Cersei using the Sparrows to rule Kings Landing is ludicrous, too. Where is the King's Guard or the other Lannister forces? Also Cersei using someone's sexual proclivities against them is stupid when she is in the greatest danger of having herself and her inbred children exposed.

Finally, what is the deal with Baelish? Why go to Cersei now, the Lannisters power is almost gone if Tommen does not grow up quickly. Cersei's blessing to him to become Lord of the North is meaningless gesture and he's always been the smartest when it comes to knowing all the angles.

It's Thrones my man, Ramsay Snow will meet a heinous and painful demise, Cersei will also get f'ed by the Sparrows when they find out about all her incest, and Baelish is 100% playing Cersei, he truly loves Sansa in a demented way and even though he he gave her up to Bolton his whole play to Cersei was a ploy, he will ride in with the Knights Of Vale with or after Stannis and re-assume control of the North and protect Sansa.

Last night has about lost it for me also since when does the Queen mother have more power than the QUEEN?

This is the big problem with making Tommen so much older in the show than he is in the books.

In the books he's only like 10 years old so Ceresi is named his Regent, meaning she rules in his place until his 16th birthday. So technically Ceresi is the ruler of Westeros until Tommen turns 16.

ADVERTISEMENT