ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones

Originally posted by argubs2:

Originally posted by -LEK-:
Thanks Norm.

Also, am I off, I dont remember Ygritte being Milisandre in the books. Is that just implied?
Whuuu?

I have not heard this before. Meaning, Melisandre was controlling Ygritte or that Melisandre took the form of a wildling and seduced Jon?

She did very bluntly ask if he was a virgin in the episode....but I thought that had more to do with the king's blood thing or something?
You know nothing Jon Snow

Ned stark is not going to be jon snows father, I think it will be brandon stark. As for his mother, I think it will be Ashara Dayne.

Originally posted by Wall2Boogie:
Ned stark is not going to be jon snows father, I think it will be brandon stark. As for his mother, I think it will be Ashara Dayne.
LOL. You have no idea

***********SPOILERS************

Jon Snow is the basterd son of Rhaegar and Lyanna

R+L=J is simplistic and the fav theory of fanboys and fangirls who want Jon Snow to be the true king....and to ride dragons...and burn up all the ice zombies...and marry Danny, for a happily ever after story end.

Problem is the books do not support that. if anything it is that Danny is the child of Rhaegar & Lyanna. OR, her & Jon are twins of R&L.

When did Ned Stark dream about the Tower of Joy, about the promise he made his sister? After Varys convinces Robert to send an assassin to kill Danny. He doesnt think or worry about Jon Snow one second the rest of the 1st book after he is sent to The Wall. If Jon is the Keanu Reeves super-savior of this story, it is strange that Ned agreed to someone so important joining the Nights Watch so easily (after being manipulated into doing it by Maester Luwin).

The story is more interesting if Jon Snow is the bastard son of his older brother. That makes Ned devious and calculating; by claiming Jon as his son, he denied Jon the right of inheritance to Winterfell as the son of the older brother. GRRM very much likes to mix things up into gray, hero characters do evil things, evil characters make heroic choices.

Or the one guy who was present at the Tower of Joy who is still alive & has yet to make an appearance in a book

I'm glad for a few changes they've made on the show because the 4th and 5th books can REALLY drag at times.

- Tyrion's story has been streamlined and that's great. His plot dragged badly in the books and they've trimmed a number of unnecessary characters.

- Jamie to Dorne is a plot that they completely created just for the show, mainly because Jamie's story is quite boring in the 4th/5th books.

- With the exception of Theon, it looks like House Greyjoy may have been completely cut out and they play a HUGE part in the books. Maybe they will show up later, but I don't remember seeing anything about them being cast.

- One thing they really went thru quickly that I wish they would have slowed down a bit was the stuff with Stannis at the Wall and John becoming Lord Commander. I hate to go on and on about the books, but this part was really really good.

Originally posted by UK_Norm:
I'm glad for a few changes they've made on the show because the 4th and 5th books can REALLY drag at times.

- One thing they really went thru quickly that I wish they would have slowed down a bit was the stuff with Stannis at the Wall and John becoming Lord Commander. I hate to go on and on about the books, but this part was really really good.
I agree with that. Anything to get the 2 best cast characters on the show more screentime is good to me.

I wonder if they'll include Danaerys' diarrhea in the desert scene. Would accurately describe that storyline post-season 1.

- Jamie to Dorne is a plot that they completely created just for the show, mainly because Jamie's story is quite boring in the 4th/5th books.
I enjoyed the journey he goes through internally during the 4th book. Coming to grips with his relationship with his sister, what he cause to happen to his father, while trying to learn lefthanded sword fighting by getting the ish beaten out of him nightly by Ilyn Payne. And where he was headed at the end of the 5th book, to a trap by a character and her group who I guess is not going to be on TV.

Originally posted by JHB4UK:

R+L=J is simplistic and the fav theory of fanboys and fangirls who want Jon Snow to be the true king....and to ride dragons...and burn up all the ice zombies...and marry Danny, for a happily ever after story end.

Problem is the books do not support that. if anything it is that Danny is the child of Rhaegar & Lyanna. OR, her & Jon are twins of R&L.

When did Ned Stark dream about the Tower of Joy, about the promise he made his sister? After Varys convinces Robert to send an assassin to kill Danny. He doesnt think or worry about Jon Snow one second the rest of the 1st book after he is sent to The Wall. If Jon is the Keanu Reeves super-savior of this story, it is strange that Ned agreed to someone so important joining the Nights Watch so easily (after being manipulated into doing it by Maester Luwin).

The story is more interesting if Jon Snow is the bastard son of his older brother. That makes Ned devious and calculating; by claiming Jon as his son, he denied Jon the right of inheritance to Winterfell as the son of the older brother. GRRM very much likes to mix things up into gray, hero characters do evil things, evil characters make heroic choices.
Ive often thought about that as a possibility. Ben had an unusual interest in John, and likewise. Could also come into play as it SEEMS like Ben would be "cold hands", but I think Id read that JRRM shot that down awhile back.

Originally posted by JHB4UK:

I enjoyed the journey he goes through internally during the 4th book. Coming to grips with his relationship with his sister, what he cause to happen to his father, while trying to learn lefthanded sword fighting by getting the ish beaten out of him nightly by Ilyn Payne. And where he was headed at the end of the 5th book, to a trap by a character and her group who I guess is not going to be on TV.
I should rephrase because I actually agree. I didn't think it was boring, but it would make boring television.

who cares if she can act or not, Sophie Turner is a stone cold fox. to be a red head and look that good. to quote the great Leon Phelps, hey there sweet thang, can i buy you a fish sandwich?

You'll get no debate from me there. She's doing the half of her job that requires her to be stunning amazingly well.

Reactions: bluemoonofky
You'll get no debate from me there. She's doing the half of her job that requires her to be stunning amazingly well.

I think Sophie Turner has a much more interesting story line, which makes it more pleasurable to watch her scenes. You're right, she's easy on the eyes

11036888_10205246159865496_109774255414147160_n.jpg
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/04...nsanely-hot-2883100?lt_source=external,manual

I mean, just laughable at this point. even if you haven't read one single page of the 5 books or heard 1 word of spoilers or fan theories and have only watched the show, sending Sansa north to marry Ramsey is completely dumb and without logic.

look, I get they can't translate 900+ word books into a 10 hour season without making cuts or switcharoos or streamlines. but this season appears to be a bad fan fiction take on many of the characters/storylines.

Reactions: UK till Death
I mean, just laughable at this point. even if you haven't read one single page of the 5 books or heard 1 word of spoilers or fan theories and have only watched the show, sending Sansa north to marry Ramsey is completely dumb and without logic.

look, I get they can't translate 900+ word books into a 10 hour season without making cuts or switcharoos or streamlines. but this season appears to be a bad fan fiction take on many of the characters/storylines.

Yeah, but you are wrong though. Sansa becoming the heiress of Winterfell is about the best thing that can happen in the plot assuming that Ramsay Bolton doesn't torture/kill her. She legitimizes the Bolton rule with the Northerners...until Stannis kills the Boltons. Stannis has already indicated his willingness to restore the Starks to Winterfell. The fun part is that Littlefinger now has probably already figured out some way to leverage that situation for his own power. My guess is that he is going to make a play for being The Hand of King Stannis. Which means getting Davos out of the way.

I don't see Sansa marrying Ramsey, something will happen. Littlefinger isn't going to wed her to that beast. I don't see the imp being taken back to his bitch sister either. My guess is Jorah Mormount meant Deanerys.

Yeah Sansa's story is completely made up for the show. They didn't bother modifying her story from the books, they just tossed it in the garbage and said "we will start over from scratch".

I don't necessarily mind though, because I think this will make her story more interesting. It also keeps the overall story from getting even bigger, meaning they don't have to introduce more characters and they can "close the book" on the Vale.

Another pretty big deviation is that they made Tommen older and let him plow Margery. In the books he's like 8 years old and still playing with kittens. That could have big implications on down the road as they've now consummated the marriage and she could potentially get pregnant.

Reactions: BlueKel
To be fair, Sansa at the end of the 4th (or was she in 5th, I get the split of the 2 mixed up?) book is pretty much where she was at the end of the 4th season of TV. She & SweetRobin & Littlefinger leaving the Eyrie to do some travelling around the Vale. Who knows what Martin's book plan was for Sansa. Littlefinger said she was going to marry Harry the Heir and reveal herself as Sansa Stark, and then all of the Vale would rise up to win the North for her. Somehow I doubt that is his true plan for her.

Of course another differences, she & Littlefinger smartly in the books kept her identity secret. You know, since she is wanted by the crown for the whole killing-the-king-at-his-wedding thing in concert with her Imp husband. Why the show is ignoring that a married woman can't marry someone else unless (1)the husband is dead or (2)the marriage is invalidated by someone of power I have no idea. Another pesky detail too messy for the show folks to worry about.

Why the show is ignoring that a married woman can't marry someone else unless (1)the husband is dead or (2)the marriage is invalidated by someone of power I have no idea. Another pesky detail too messy for the show folks to worry about.
Littlefinger said in the show that Sansa was still a virgin. That the marriage to the imp was never consummated and therefore invalid.

Of course another differences, she & Littlefinger smartly in the books kept her identity secret. You know, since she is wanted by the crown for the whole killing-the-king-at-his-wedding thing in concert with her Imp husband. Why the show is ignoring that a married woman can't marry someone else unless (1)the husband is dead or (2)the marriage is invalidated by someone of power I have no idea. Another pesky detail too messy for the show folks to worry about.

Good point that I missed on. One of House Lannister's biggest allies now knows that Sansa is alive and well in Westeros. And of course the Boltons are using it to try to strengthen their own house rather than turn her over to Ceresi.

One way or another, this will end very badly for the House Bolton. Either the North will rally to Sansa and take out the Boltons (Roose admitted in this episode that they don't have the strangth to hold the north, and the servant reminded Sansa that "the North remembers"), or Ceresi has them wiped out for not handing Sansa over to the King's justice.

Good episode tonight, finally something to grab your attention. All I can say is good bye to the sons of harpy. The bloody hell dragon is about to show that hole in the wall what happens to those that threaten his mother. Sad to see sir Barristan go but he screwed himself when he undermined Jorah Mormont.

Pretty stupid to rid the show of Ser Barriston because they don't want to devote the time/energy.resources to giving him any presence. He's alive and well in the books. Some of their deviations from novels are just head-scratching.

They needed to off him so that Jorah can return. Those two can't get along and you know he is going to return. The worst part of the story line was how weak the unsullied turned out to be. A bunch of weak street dwellers took that group out, not what you would expect from the worlds greatest army.

Pretty stupid to rid the show of Ser Barriston because they don't want to devote the time/energy.resources to giving him any presence. He's alive and well in the books. Some of their deviations from novels are just head-scratching.

I agree, they are really deviating more and more from the books. It the past seasons I did not mind the deviations too much because in the long run the result of the deviations had same result as the books but just got there in a different manner. These ones they doing this season just getting to be too much.

The worst part of the story line was how weak the unsullied turned out to be. A bunch of weak street dwellers took that group out, not what you would expect from the worlds greatest army.

This. They made the Unsullied into a bunch of pussies.

Other thoughts:

- Besides my gripe about the Unsullied, this was a fantastic episode despite the fact that they continue to go further and further from the source material.

- RIP Barriston the Bold. I think they should have made it a cliffhanger as to whether he actually died or not (like they have apparently done with Gray Worm).

- This episode gave a BUNCH of credibility to the R+L = J theory.

- One of the people on Ary'a prayer list is being sent to Braavos :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT