ADVERTISEMENT

Zvonimir Ivisic Deadline is 11/26/2023

Arrived on campus - 10/12/2023

Deadline to rule on eligibility is 45 days from arrival - 11/26/2023

We should know on him before the Miami game unless the rules are being bent
That's a Sunday. So Either we know something today or potentially Monday. I'd say if he's not cleared by Dec 4 a the latest, we have a problem.

Ben Roberts says the date is Nov. 28.
As Ivisic continues to wait for a ruling, he has been cleared to practice with the Wildcats. Players in his situation are permitted to practice for 45 days before they need to be certified as an amateur. Ivisic’s clock started Oct. 13 — the day of Big Blue Madness — even though he didn’t actually participate in his first full practice with the team until Oct. 18. The NCAA spokesperson told the Herald-Leader that this practice period is a strict 45 days from the start of participation, so the physical setbacks that Ivisic has experienced thus far that kept him off the practice floor do not buy him any additional time. His 45-day period is set to expire next week — right around the UK-Miami game on Nov. 28 — and at that point he must be certified in order to practice or compete with the team.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...tball-men/article281995633.html#storylink=cpy

So let’s get this straight. You can be an unhappy player and call any other team and tell them you will transfer for money.

But if you speak 3 or 4 languages and travel leaving your family behind you can’t play unless you have all your technical paperwork and all your shots.

How is the NCAA still a thing. Bill Self, Kansas and Louisville should have all gotten the death penalty

So let’s get this straight. You can be an unhappy player and call any other team and tell them you will transfer for money.

But if you speak 3 or 4 languages and travel leaving your family behind you can’t play unless you have all your technical paperwork and all your shots.

How is the NCAA still a thing. Bill Self, Kansas and Louisville should have all gotten the death penalty

Don’t forget UNCheat.

It’s unreal isn it? If he is not cleared this week I would play him and dare the ncaa to do something.

Can’t argue with that. It’s beyond ridiculous. It shouldn’t take 45 days for the NCAA to rule on his eligibility in the first place. Let a lone taking longer. Their cherry picking is even more frustrating

UCLA guy that just got approved took close to 60 days. 45 is probably more of a NCAA target vs "deadline"...Pilgrim kind of alluded on Tuesday that UK expected something that day, which didn't happen of course. He said UK is still confident, and thinks it a timing issue. Said UK passed on the UCLA guy (Mara) because they did NOT think he would be eligible, which he was. UK And feels they have more than enough documentation to get him approved.

Exactly. That's why I'm thinking the 4th at the latest. Any thing after that, and I don't see the NCAA clearing him. And the UK should sue the snot out of them.
The NCAA is likely to lose a legal challenge. I bet the thought of another challenge would make them break a leg trying to get to the rubber stamp.

This is the NCAA which stands for no consistency at all.
If it was one of the chosen ones such as unc**** or dUKe
he would already be eligible
Rules for Duke and UNC are nonexistent. UNC committed the most flagrant violations ever in NCAA history. Fake classes and academic fraud for 25 years. Should have had at least 2-300 wins vacated and 2 titles for sure and the death penalty but walked away unscathed. Duke bought Zions family a house. Nothing to see. Unless I am mistaken this young man will be treated like Kanter.

It’s unreal isn it? If he is not cleared this week I would play him and dare the ncaa to do something.
I'm entertaining that thought as well. Worst thing that would happen is we forfeit some wins, but the coaching and fans would know the real story.

NCAA is an absolute joke. Wish a few conferences would get together and break away from the NCAA.

Funny you say that. The reason they hate Calipari so much is because he said the same thing years ago.

They've hated him with a passion since he suggested it.

Reactions: jbne222
Ben Roberts says the date is Nov. 28.
As Ivisic continues to wait for a ruling, he has been cleared to practice with the Wildcats. Players in his situation are permitted to practice for 45 days before they need to be certified as an amateur. Ivisic’s clock started Oct. 13 — the day of Big Blue Madness — even though he didn’t actually participate in his first full practice with the team until Oct. 18. The NCAA spokesperson told the Herald-Leader that this practice period is a strict 45 days from the start of participation, so the physical setbacks that Ivisic has experienced thus far that kept him off the practice floor do not buy him any additional time. His 45-day period is set to expire next week — right around the UK-Miami game on Nov. 28 — and at that point he must be certified in order to practice or compete with the team.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...tball-men/article281995633.html#storylink=cpy
So even if they don't approve him, he cannot continue to practice? What absolute horses%^@

Kid comes over here to study and play basketball, heaven forbid. He came her to get better at the game and seize and American opportunity. NCAA is gonna really deny a kid even the opportunity to practice. "Student athlete" my ass. They should be disbanded.

He's going to be cleared.

If Robert Dillingham can get cleared, having attended all of his high schools, then Big Z will get cleared. Be patient. It's coming.
They have a precedence of telling foreigners coming to UK to piss off. I'm not holding my breath.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT