ADVERTISEMENT

Zo erupts for 11 tonight & Lavar claims

I imagine Laker fans will want to ship Lonzo to the East Coast in two years just so they don't have to listen to dear ole dad.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
It's the first time, nor will it be the last time, that he gets a triple-double. Regardless if his dad runs his mouth or not the young man has game.

Nothing wrong with a rookie year that will probably look something like 12-13 points, 4-6 rebounds and 8-9 assists per game. He might even shoot 35-36% from 3 and get a block every couple games or so. Kid can play.

It's the first time, nor will it be the last time, that he gets a triple-double. Regardless if his dad runs his mouth or not the young man has game.

Nothing wrong with a rookie year that will probably look something like 12-13 points, 4-6 rebounds and 8-9 assists per game. He might even shoot 35-36% from 3 and get a block every couple games or so. Kid can play.

With his shot I doubt it. But, you keep holding out hope! Kardashian = Big Ballers

I have give no effs about whether he puts up small, medium, or large numbers. Couldn't care less. I'm not some dim-witted loser worrying about what some kid does because his pops runs his mouth. That's your department.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
I thought Lonzo deserved to be pick number two but I think the Lakers at some point this season (maybe before) are going to regret taking him over Fox.

Reactions: morgousky
Kid is shooting 7 for 28 in two games. While he has some talent and will be a good NBA player in the future that doesn't scream NBA superstar to me. Maybe I'm missing something. Lol

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
He is going to be a turnover machine in the NBA. Tatum looked way better than him.

Doubtful he lives up to what a #2 pick is suppose to be. He does have great passing ability and where he could become a star but still not sold on him yet. Summer league games against players who have yet to play in the NBA or had minimal action in the first year are pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: ORCAT and morgousky
He's built similarly to Magic and has a similar game. I'm certain Magic will help him develop. The only thing he need to fix is his defense. He's very slow but that can be fixed as well. He won't be what his dad thinks, but he will have a very solid career.

A triple double in July isn't the same as one in April. It's good, I'm not a hater, but you need to keep it in perspective.

Again, I'm not saying he's the second coming because of a triple double in July.
I am saying that the thread title implies he had a second poor game. "Zo erupts for 11." That doesn't tell the tale of the game.

That was a very misleading triple double, he got those rebounds because it's summer league and it's sloppy and people miss shots, he got those assists (half of them) just by passing the ball up the floor because it's summer league and it's sloppy and the defense is garbage!

He's a decent player who will never be an all star in the NBA

ITT:

Don't overvalue his triple double. It's summer league.

Also ITT: based on summer league games, you can clearly tell Tatum is going to be better.

Reactions: Wvvrn
ITT:

Also ITT: based on summer league games, you can clearly tell Tatum is going to be better.

Honest question- if we can't base performance or future performance on summer league ; then we really can't say Tatum is gonna be better ? I mean it's just summer league ...

That being said I loathe "Zo" fox should have gone before him and I wish to god the media would stop giving his idiot father an audience to verbally $hit all over everyone. He's a complete moron

Reactions: EliteBlue
He's built similarly to Magic and has a similar game. I'm certain Magic will help him develop. The only thing he need to fix is his defense. He's very slow but that can be fixed as well. He won't be what his dad thinks, but he will have a very solid career.
Except a half foot shorter. Magic was 6'9" and could play center. Ball can't even play SF.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Except a half foot shorter. Magic was 6'9" and could play center. Ball can't even play SF.
...and thicker. Balls legs and arms look like they could snap if the wind blows hard. Magic also wasn't a slow footed defensive liability. It is tough to drastically improve foot speed; Best case is he learns better technique and grit to become an average defender.

As it stands, Ball is a bigger defensive liability than Ryan Gosling was in Remember the Titans.

ITT:

So don't overvalue Ball's triple double because it's summer league, but based on that same summer league Tatum is clearly gonna be better? Color me confused.

Reactions: Cats192
I chuckle when people watch summer league games and think players are monsters. Once people educate themselves, they realize that the summer league is not the real league - it's a collection of recent college players (lottery, drafted and undrafted) and others (overseas players) trying to make a roster for the fall season.

Maybe Ball will be decent against the "big boys" in the NBA come fall, but I'd hold off on claiming him to be ROY material with a triple double in the "summer league"...

...and thicker balls

giphy.gif

Reactions: EliteBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT