ADVERTISEMENT

How does a Coach at Kentucky...

Feb 28, 2015
How does a Coach at Kentucky not have an answer to stop there runs? How does he still have three timeouts at the end of the game? How does Kentucky come out of a T.V. timeout late in the game when a bucket was needed only for Reed Shephard to dribble up the court and launch a 25 footer cold off the bench? Sign of a bad coach when he can't get his team to score out of a timeout. We got beat by Bellarmine tonight. The second time in two years. This thing is way past over and if Barnhardt can't fix this is. It's over for him and the University President.

Because it was an awful decision by Sheppard. They didn't call a play for Sheppard to take a 25 foot prayer immediately after stepping over half court.
They obviously didn’t draw up anything. Because he had no sense of urgency and also took that shot without seemingly trying to run anything. It’s like Cal said literally nothing in the timeout lol.

Reed needs to come back (under a different coach) and make this right, but he won't. I know this is about Cal and you're spot on, but I'm troubled with what I saw from Reed probably the second half of the season. Something isn't right. The effort was not there (many games of late), he stopped helping run the offense. I know some alluded to maybe Reed getting unexpected playing time over certain other guys, and I wonder if behind the scenes he was told to back off some on the court, or if he forgot what helped put him in that position. Being one of the nation's consistently best shooters how do you NOT look to score or work to open things up for others?

Reactions: susan2361
They obviously didn’t draw up anything. Because he had no sense of urgency and also took that shot without seemingly trying to run anything. It’s like Cal said literally nothing in the timeout lol.
Rarely are specific plays drawn up. It's been that way since Cal got here. Doesn't change the fact that Reed panicked and shot a horrible shot.

I’ve had enough. It will only get worse. Paying this guy $9 mil a year to be an also-ran in the SEC is insanity.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Reed needs to come back (under a different coach) and make this right, but he won't. I know this is about Cal and you're spot on, but I'm troubled with what I saw from Reed probably the second half of the season. Something isn't right. The effort was not there (many games of late), he stopped helping run the offense. I know some alluded to maybe Reed getting unexpected playing time over certain other guys, and I wonder if behind the scenes he was told to back off some on the court, or if he forgot what helped put him in that position. Being one of the nation's consistently best shooters how do you NOT look to score or work to open things up for others?

His steals went way down too. I think something was "off."

Because it was an awful decision by Sheppard. They didn't call a play for Sheppard to take a 25 foot prayer immediately after stepping over half court.
I have no clue why he shot that. All game long he was just out there to pass, never even made an attempt to score and he shoots that? Our players take on the identity of our coach for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT