ADVERTISEMENT

Your opinion please

ORCAT10

Junior
Mar 16, 2011
One should be judged based on the big picture. With that said, Cal has done a great job. Kentucky has won or at least been in the hunt for numerous SEC and NCAA championships during his tenure.

That being said, I'd like honest opinions on the following topics that many fans seem concerned about. I truly believe these are valid concerns.

1. What is his offensive philosophy? The dribble drive basically says my man beats your man off the dribble. No help - layup, help - lob for a dunk or kick for a 3. What if my man can't beat the d off the dribble or 3 point shooting is lacking? This means more offensive sets. Why do we seldom hear these basic terms applied to Kentucky's offense: back cut, back screen, screen away from the ball, flex cut. We generally just use ball screens. The curl off the post screens at the block by Knox were a pleasant surprise last night.

2. Why one in bounds play? Lob to the post in the corner. We attacked UT with a post screen for a dunk on an in bounds play. Surprised the heck out of them. I've coached middle school teams that had multiple (at least 5) in bounds plays for both man and zone.

3. Why play man vs. an in bounds play? We've given up lots of easy baskets this year.

4. Do we attack a zone well? What was the plan vs. West Virginia 2010? How does a team with that amount of NBA talent lose that game? By shooting 3s. Auburn adjusted to the Knox post curl with a zone. Did we adjust?

5. Why save time outs? Call them when needed. Especially with a young team. Stop a run. Why finish any close game with unused time outs?

Not giving up on this team or this season. Go Big Blue.

You are correct sir. Especially about inbounds plays. Both on offense and defense. They are predictable and embarrassing.
It looks like we never practice inbounds on neither side of the ball. Always has.
With the talent we've generally had, we should ALWAYS be tough to defend under our own basket. Lots of missed opportunities for easy scores ....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT