ADVERTISEMENT

We won but ….wow

UK -47 and Houston -30 both have shot less free throws than their opponents. Below are some other programs FT comparison to their opponents.

UNC +164
Duke +103
Purdue +250
Kansas +37
UConn +11
Tennessee +1

Last edited:
UK -47 and Houston -30 both have shot less free throws than their opponents. Below are some other programs FT comparison to their opponents.

UNC +164
Duke +103
Purdue +250
Kansas +37
UConn +11
That Purdue stat is shocking. Like I'm sure people hack Edey to try to slow him down but wtf?

KSR has a post up about Stackhouse complaining in his post game press conference about the officiating and how they were inconsistent.

are you kidding me nick kroll GIF

I wasn’t paying attention to the refs. We needed to do certain things in this game. I didn’t care about the calls. Let it be rough. This soft ass team needs to learn to play physical

That’s all well and good. But they don’t allow physical play both ways. We were getting called for looking at guys the wrong way.

Reactions: grevey35
Even coaching youth basketball, you NEVER get any calls when you are up 20 pts. Refs have no desire to stock the clock, extend the game, and let you go up even more.

Just enjoy being up 20 and use it as good practice for playing through pushing/grabbing.
Not acceptable. If they have no desire to call the game correctly they should be fired.

This was the type of officiating you see in middle school games where one team is so far superior to the other the refs make phantom mercy calls on the better team. The 2nd half of the GA game had several of these which made the game closer. I am not a fan of that type of officiating, because at the collegiate level teams are good enough to get back in the game....although VU may be the exception.
They shouldn’t do it at all. Just call the damn game, it’s not about the refs or fairness.

UNC +164
Duke +103
Purdue +250
Kansas +37
UConn +11
Tennessee +1
We don't drive or attempt to finish as often as other teams around the rim it would appear. We shoot a ton of threes making it less likely to get free throws.

We don't drive or attempt to finish as often as other teams around the rim it would appear. We shoot a ton of threes making it less likely to get free throws.
You would think that is the case but below are the percentage of each teams shots that are 3's.

UConn 41%
Tennessee 40%
UK 37%
Purdue 36%
Houston 35%
Duke 35%
UNC 34%
Kansas 30%

On the flip side the opponents percentage of 3 point shots for each team.

UK 41%
Houston 41%
Tennessee 41%
Kansas 40%
Purdue 38%
Duke 37%
UNC 36%
UConn 31%

So despite Duke, UNC and Purdue shooting significantly more free throws than UK they only average between 1-3% less 3 point attempts than UK on the season. The one team who shoots less 3's than all of them and has a rep of getting all the calls is Kansas and they have only shot 37 more free throws on the season than their opponents.

Also, those Duke, UNC and Purdue have 3 of the 4 lowest percentage of opponents who take 3's compared to 2's. So one would assume if their opponents take more 2's than 3's they would shoot more free throws but that hasn't been the case so far as they lead the pack in free throw discrepancy.

Last edited:
Reactions: MidseasonTweak
This was by far the worst officiated game I’ve seen this year. We were grabbed, held pushed an hacked all night. Our bigs were constantly pushed with 2 hands in the back on rebounds. UGO was pushed so hard on a lob he threw it out of bounds. The first 3 seconds call of the year goes against the teams that’s been complaining about all other teams camping in the lane and shielding our bigs from help defense. Then they receive every baby bump. This was North Carolina bad.
Edit: Stackhouse complained about the officials being inconsistent and biased in his post game presser. Complained enough he probably gets fined. They had 30 points in free throws, we had 11. They pushed our bigs from behind when jumping causing them to miss rebounds. You can’t make up a reason to complain for Vanderbilt except the one bad call on Edwards lob. That block was clean.
Tennessee was a way worse officiated game. That was just a football game on a basketball floor. The SEC ought to be ashamed of itself for letting refs call games like they do. I don’t watch college ball any more but I can’t believe other leagues are as rough as the SEC. The Vandy game wasn’t great but nothing like UT.

Tennessee was a way worse officiated game. That was just a football game on a basketball floor. The SEC ought to be ashamed of itself for letting refs call games like they do. I don’t watch college ball any more but I can’t believe other leagues are as rough as the SEC. The Vandy game wasn’t great but nothing like UT.
Rick Barnes is a coach who teaches his players to foul. Dr Huang the photographer had 100 still pictures of Tennessee players with hands placed strategically on hips , shoulders and the waist. They reach out and have a hand on you somewhere 90% of the time. It’s coached. Vandy was pushing or guys in the back as they went up for rebounds. That’s usually called.

Rick Barnes is a coach who teaches his players to foul. Dr Huang the photographer had 100 still pictures of Tennessee players with hands placed strategically on hips , shoulders and the waist. They reach out and have a hand on you somewhere 90% of the time. It’s coached. Vandy was pushing or guys in the back as they went up for rebounds. That’s usually called.
Wait I thought if your hand was in the "cylinder" and you hindered the offensive player from being able to make a basketball play ie dribble, shoot or pass, then it was a foul. Even former UT player Dane Bradshaw said so.

It's been like this with UK since the Pitino days. Tubby's team saw it a lot too.

We are physically more talented and athletic than 95% of the teams we play. So they are allowed to push, hack, grab, and whatever they want to us. We touch them and here comes the whistle.
It goes back further than Pitino..........Hall had the same problem.........officiating is the reason I have quit watching college ball.......

Reactions: AGEE11 and grevey35
You know if the zebras called all the fouls they see tv would never get to our game on time. Lol!

Reactions: awf
You know if the zebras called all the fouls they see tv would never get to our game on time. Lol!
No one has said to call every foul. Lol...........the three second lane might as well be the 10 second lane.....unless it is UK.........how about they not call the stupid crap........go to the monitor and replay it 100 times and then let the play remain......call some of the reaching in fouls........they let rebounders put their foot on another players back climbing and there is no call........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT