ADVERTISEMENT

We won but ….wow

CRZ4UK

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 16, 2021
This was by far the worst officiated game I’ve seen this year. We were grabbed, held pushed an hacked all night. Our bigs were constantly pushed with 2 hands in the back on rebounds. UGO was pushed so hard on a lob he threw it out of bounds. The first 3 seconds call of the year goes against the teams that’s been complaining about all other teams camping in the lane and shielding our bigs from help defense. Then they receive every baby bump. This was North Carolina bad.
Edit: Stackhouse complained about the officials being inconsistent and biased in his post game presser. Complained enough he probably gets fined. They had 30 points in free throws, we had 11. They pushed our bigs from behind when jumping causing them to miss rebounds. You can’t make up a reason to complain for Vanderbilt except the one bad call on Edwards lob. That block was clean.

Last edited:
Nope.

Vandy wasn’t called for their second foul until there was only 9:04 left in the first half. Only called for 4 total in the first half, and one was a non-existent hold on the last possession with 11 seconds left.

Vandy wasn’t called for their second foul in the second half until there was only 9:36 remaining.

Numerous missed calls on drives and rebound attempts, yet at one point Vandy had attempted 25 free throws to our 6.

It was a horrendously officiated game, but I’m thrilled to see our guys push through it this time.

This was by far the worst officiated game I’ve seen this year. We were grabbed, held pushed an hacked all night. Our bigs were constantly pushed with 2 hands in the back on rebounds. UGO was pushed so hard on a lob he threw it out of bounds. The first 3 seconds call of the year goes against the teams that’s been complaining about all other teams camping in the lane and shielding our bigs from help defense. Then they receive every baby bump. This was North Carolina bad.
That was not the first lane violation called this year in college basketball. The announcers said that, maybe it was the first they saw, but some of you all have trouble differentiating between jokes, sarcasm and serious statements.

I agree that we were fortunate to be hitting our shots because if not the game would have been a lot closer thanks to the officials. There was one play where Reed was on a fast break and the Vandy guy shoved him almost to the ground with his forearm as he drove to the basket. It was right in front of the ref and no whistle but then Vandy would get a call on a touch foul. The only call that was called against Vandy that was questionable was the foul when Edwards was driving to the basket and Stackhouse got a T for that one. 😂

I’d sue that MFer for assault if he tried to kiss me
RUMIeaK.gif

I agree the Edwards dunk that was blocked was clean, but there were at least 2 clean blocks we had called fouls. One from Burks and I think the other was Rob.

FTs were like 18-4 at one point. There was another egregious foul on an Adou drive they didn't call right in front of Cal who then almost lost his mind over it. Yeah we took a lot of 3s but it wasn't like we weren't driving, and getting fouled at a higher rate than twice before the last 5 min.

I agree that we were fortunate to be hitting our shots because if not the game would have been a lot closer thanks to the officials. There was one play where Reed was on a fast break and the Vandy guy shoved him almost to the ground with his forearm as he drove to the basket. It was right in front of the ref and no whistle but then Vandy would get a call on a touch foul. The only call that was called against Vandy that was questionable was the foul when Edwards was driving to the basket and Stackhouse got a T for that one. 😂
Stackhouse should have gotten aT. The way that game was called he should have been happy and just kept his mouth shut

This was the type of officiating you see in middle school games where one team is so far superior to the other the refs make phantom mercy calls on the better team. The 2nd half of the GA game had several of these which made the game closer. I am not a fan of that type of officiating, because at the collegiate level teams are good enough to get back in the game....although VU may be the exception.

Some of you fellas haven't been watching UK very long if you going to complain about the whistle in Memorial during a 32 point win. Many a very good UK team has walked out of that place with a loss that should not have happened.
It's not that we haven't seen it, we just yearn for a league that doesn't allow bush tactics to keep things close against superior talent and calls things fairly and evenly.

The SEC has been like this as long as I can remember. And Cal, to his credit, refuses to teach underhanded shit like that.

It's been like this with UK since the Pitino days. Tubby's team saw it a lot too.

We are physically more talented and athletic than 95% of the teams we play. So they are allowed to push, hack, grab, and whatever they want to us. We touch them and here comes the whistle.

Even coaching youth basketball, you NEVER get any calls when you are up 20 pts. Refs have no desire to stock the clock, extend the game, and let you go up even more.

Just enjoy being up 20 and use it as good practice for playing through pushing/grabbing.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
100% worst officiated game I’ve seen in a long time. They tried very hard to get Vandy to cover. No idea how there isn’t more investigative reporting into refs because that was pretty blatant

This. That was one of the most obvious cover attempts by refs I ever saw. Vandy almost literally stood on the free throw line.

Even coaching youth basketball, you NEVER get any calls when you are up 20 pts. Refs have no desire to stock the clock, extend the game, and let you go up even more.

Just enjoy being up 20 and use it as good practice for playing through pushing/grabbing.
Oddly enough they didn't mind stopping play for Vandy though. It was a 30-12 free throw discrepancy despite their physical play.

Last edited:
I thought the whistle was fine.

The biggest Robbery was the foul we got away with on that dunk. Stack needed to get that tech. He was right to get it
The whistle was one sided toward vandy. Sheppard got body checked when his lay ip was blocked, Z had at leadt two phantom calls, and there were many ticky tac calls on us but not on them.

Reactions: catzcan
Was a horribly called game. I agree with the one poster who said Reed getting the forearm shove going up for a layup. Too obvious. We got bumped on several drives and even one of the fouls on a Vandy 3 point attempt was lame. But it didn't matter, too many horses for the refs to make a difference. But, that shit has to change. And I am not a get got a bad whistle guy, but last night was way too obvious they let several calls go. Maybe it was sympathy for Vandy, I do not know ?

Reactions: Midway Cat
100% worst officiated game I’ve seen in a long time. They tried very hard to get Vandy to cover. No idea how there isn’t more investigative reporting into refs because that was pretty blatant
Because that's how it's supposed to go. The refs have a script to follow in every game they call

Reactions: awf and Fox2monk

We never get calls in close games either. Especially in the NCAAT.

Reactions: awf and Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT