ADVERTISEMENT

World war thread

The gulf war begs to differ.

That WAS a hell of a coordinated bombing/Electronic Warfare campaign - agreed ('shock and awe' - debut of stealth tech etc)

But - as much as I appreciate my former service branch & what it can do -- wars arent won until you can secure the ground & establish sustainable victory conditions

Our Air Force can deliver immense, precise firepower - shut down or confuse enemy surveillance/electronic systems etc

But you really don't secure victory from 50,000 feet

Lessons fm Korea and Vietnam apply as well

Air Force pilots would return with munitions unspent (Vietnam) because there weren't any targets to destroy anymore -- but the enemy retained the will to fight and adopted strategies that sustained them (we also adopted a limited approach to engagement there that didn't help)

Good conversion though -

-while gross...RG wasn't a a govt official when this happened, iirc.

Nothing like taking a quick break from working for the administration to help Iran and Turkey’s money launderer avoid prison.

Back at you.

Stopped on the pee-way ** that connects the UK Ag Buildings behind the hospital -- and made that breezy little rampart my literary nest for a minute ...
You have been far more helpful than you realize here, LaCriox

** i meant Ped-Way ...but pee-way was too wonderful to correct

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: chroix
Stopped on the pee-way ** that connects the UK Ag Buildings behind the hospital -- and made that breezy little rampart my literary nest for a minute ...

And PROBABLY looked a little "special needy" as I typed because my face tightens , jaw juts out and start breathing heavily via my nasals whenever i focus-post ....

So i should work on that I guess

You have been far more helpful than you realize here, LaCriox

** i meant Ped-Way ...but pee-way was too wonderful to correct

Just make sure there are no cameras there and you should be fine.

Reactions: CastleRubric
Apparently you have to have a paid subscription to send a PM? That's what Rivals is telling me. I understand you not wanting to post details here. I'll see if there's a workaround.

You're right of course that other powers in the region also have connections to Hamas, Qatar and Turkey most specifically, albeit Turkey had been trying to mend ties with Israel recently after years of animosity. Erdogan's an ass in general, though. The Saudi gov't aren't Hamas fans; as for individual Saudis, undoubtedly some are, and probably some with substantial means.
youre right on the saudis. They don’t finance the Hamas war machine but they send lots of money meant for humanitarian needs which of course is misused. And I don’t think an Israeli trusts erdogan anymore than the mullah. At one point erdogan called for elimination of Israel. His roots are in the Muslim brotherhood Hamas and the Mbh are very very close. Many leaders in Hamas are Mbh.

Reactions: entropy13
I'm saying beginning a thread by predicting falling dominos all around the world is premature, to say the least. Funny thing is, you won't even be thinking about any of this Saturday at noon when we play Vandy.

If some here can mock an alarmist global warming post, then I'm going to mock one predicting global wars, "catastrophic clashes", and "USA control slipping fast." Chill, Alex Jones.

A US led effort to build peace between Israel and Saudi Arabia has blown up this will leading to another Palestinian uprising. A catastrophic clash between Israel and hezbollah/Iran is inevitable.
F8MDIcwWcAA8B3e

Iran is the source of funds based on???? You’re never right man so I have to question what you say. Why would Iran fund Sunni Hamas am instead of their Shia proxy? And if you understood the dynamics of the Muslim brotherhood and Hamas you would know they are very well funded by Qatar.

And no like your Putin “dead by Christmas 22” fantasy it’s insanity to think nato would “destroy” russia in “rapid order”. You’re a very difficult person to discuss serious things with so I’ll leave there
I was wrong on Putin being dead, not much else. You're the one who is wrong almost constantly. Read entropy's post and you'll start to understand.

youre right on the saudis. They don’t finance the Hamas war machine but they send lots of money meant for humanitarian needs which of course is misused. And I don’t think an Israeli trusts erdogan anymore than the mullah. At one point erdogan called for elimination of Israel. His roots are in the Muslim brotherhood Hamas and the Mbh are very very close. Many leaders in Hamas are Mbh.

Turkey's relationship with "the west" obviously has changed a lot in the past 3-4 decades ...Erdogan is almost like a return to the 'young turks' of early 20th century maybe?

Point being - we have significant Air Force bases there - i knew plenty of fellow airmen stationed @ ismir or incrilik (sp?)

There used to interment range ballistic missiles there - nukes placed in range of hitting the USSR (atlas and maybe thor? - blanking) ---

Eventually those became obsolete yet we maintained B63 (62?) type nuclear bombs over the years anyway - I assume they're still there

And THAT seems like a really bad idea now

Hopefully Ive missed a news cycle or simply lost the need to know about them being repositioned --

otherwise - there could be BAKED TURKEY ON THE MENU!?!!!!!

sorry - long day ✔️
As late as 1970, we had F-100's with nukes at Cigli (near Izmir) and several other bases. Four were armed with nukes at all times and supposed to be airborne within two minutes of the order to deploy. Each was housed in a separate hangar. No one man including the pilot was allowed inside the hangar by themselves. One night one of the guards decided to play pizz on the bomb and he got caught. They called out probably a hundred guys at two in the morning to replace the plane and bomb. There was usually anywhere from twenty to eighty planes in a backup area that could be armed and airborne within two hours. The guy got court marshalled and a bad conduct discharge if I recall correctly.
Big shots always visited Cigli and they would play war games. I think they used the war games as an excuse to visit so they could hunt wild boar. One day a group of a dozen or so were getting a tour of the area where the nuke planes were hangared. There was a red line in front and back of the hangars. Those lines defined no mans land. One of the big shot generals was rubber necking and accidently stepped on the line. The guard was a large guy who played fullback for Missouri till he flunked out of school. We called him Grog. Grog picked the general up by his neck and the seat of his pants, ran with him to a truck, tossed the general in the bed of the truck, jumped in on top of him, and the general rode to the police station with a rifle pointed at the back of his head.

Reactions: CastleRubric
Turkey's relationship with "the west" obviously has changed a lot in the past 3-4 decades ...Erdogan is almost like a return to the 'young turks' of early 20th century maybe?

Point being - we have significant Air Force bases there - i knew plenty of fellow airmen stationed @ ismir or incrilik (sp?)

There used to interment range ballistic missiles there - nukes placed in range of hitting the USSR (atlas and maybe thor? - blanking) ---

Eventually those became obsolete yet we maintained B63 (62?) type nuclear bombs over the years anyway - I assume they're still there
---
Atlas was an ICBM (Intercontinental Ballistic Missile). Thor was an IRBM (Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile).

The bombs could have been either B-61 or B-63 "dial a yield" gravity (free fall) devices. The maximum yield on the B-63 is 1.2 megatons. That would be one hell of a blast.

Watched NBC news this evening and the Iron Dome is damn impressive. Showed videos of missiles coming out of Gaza into Israel and they were getting picked off and exploding in air.

Reactions: vhcat70
Completely inaccurate.
Actually, it's spot on. If you're going to use the technical definition, WWI would have actually been WWIII, since it followed the 7 Years War, and Napoleonic Wars, which both fit that "broad definition"

You should probably sit this one out.

Actually, it's spot on. If you're going to use the technical definition, WWI would have actually been WWIII, since it followed the 7 Years War, and Napoleonic Wars, which both fit that "broad definition"

You should probably sit this one out.
The Nine Years' War and War of Spanish Succession are feeling excluded. 😢

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
Usa escalating the global conflict with the atacas we sent Ukraine. When the world needs to simmer down we are throwing gasoline. Meanwhile putin is in China and the bad actors are all coming together against Israel. Nato I suppose will take out Russia China Iran? lol. I don’t know what these clowns are thinking. It’s absolute lunacy. Biden has been holding up Israel’s offensive in Gaza and while he’s doing that the world is turning on Israel. This guy is taking us to hell.

Usa escalating the global conflict with the atacas we sent Ukraine. When the world needs to simmer down we are throwing gasoline. Meanwhile putin is in China and the bad actors are all coming together against Israel. Nato I suppose will take out Russia China Iran? lol. I don’t know what these clowns are thinking. It’s absolute lunacy. Biden has been holding up Israel’s offensive in Gaza and while he’s doing that the world is turning on Israel. This guy is taking us to hell.
Like we escalated with Abrams, then cluster muntions, then Russia threatened to nuke the UK if they shipped depleted uranium shells. Which they did and nothing happened.

I am a staunch Christian who has read the Bible dozens of times over and I truely believe in my soul that Hamas has sparked the beginning of the end. The tribulation, has begun Id say in 3.5 yrs the rapture will take place, I and my fellow believers will not be around for the last 3.5 yrs of tribulation which will culminate with the Battle of Armageddon in the Valley of Megiddo in Israel. Then Jesus will set up his 1,000 yr Reign, Satan will be loosed from the Abyss and cast into Hell and the New Heaven and the New Jerusalem will be est. i say the battle of Arm is 7 yrs away. The middle East, Specifically Isreal will be a war zone for the next 7 yrs until Christ has had enough and returns.

• Haha
Reactions: jcrow10
I am a staunch Christian who has read the Bible dozens of times over and I truely believe in my soul that Hamas has sparked the beginning of the end. The tribulation, has begun Id say in 3.5 yrs the rapture will take place, I and my fellow believers will not be around for the last 3.5 yrs of tribulation which will culminate with the Battle of Armageddon in the Valley of Megiddo in Israel. Then Jesus will set up his 1,000 yr Reign, Satan will be loosed from the Abyss and cast into Hell and the New Heaven and the New Jerusalem will be est. i say the battle of Arm is 7 yrs away. The middle East, Specifically Isreal will be a war zone for the next 7 yrs until Christ has had enough and returns.

Like we escalated with Abrams, then cluster muntions, then Russia threatened to nuke the UK if they shipped depleted uranium shells. Which they did and nothing happened.
That’s not true. They are bombing the hell outta Ukrainian ports in Odessa. Have been for weeks in response to the storm shadow.

Climate change is the real concern here and not this war or nukes. Biden said it and then Kirby doubled down on it just days after the initial attack. I am glad I am not the one to decide what to do/how to help Israel but I know damn well if I really believed deep down that climate change was more dangerous, i would keep that ish to my self at the moment.

Hezbollah will do whatever Iran tells it to do, as evidenced by how many people they lost propping up Assad in Syria when the civil war reached its height there about a decade ago. However, Hezbollah isn't in the best of positions in Lebanon as a lot of people there have turned against it. Going to war with Israel and getting stomped, whether by the Israelis or even by the Americans, could cripple them. But hopefully Israel learned from its 2006 invasion of Lebanon that a ground invasion of Southern Lebanon wouldn't be productive and would probably bolster Hezbollah's popularity there.

It's not.
Yes because the port has been irreparably damaged yet Russia continues to target Odessa. Why is that? And to your point of targeting Ukrainian grain that in and of itself was escalatory. It doesn’t matter though in a week putin has been able to win the Arab world to his side along with Iran. I’m sure he’s going to leave China with assurances for more aid. Russia is getting stronger in the eyes of the non western world. There has been a significant consolidation in the last week. Ukraine wasn’t worth where the world is headed now.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
My man, your eschatology leaves a lot to be desired. The tribulation cannot begin until the Antichrist makes a covenant with Israel. When that happens, that will immediately enter in the final 7 years of Daniel's 70 7s. Halfway through those final 7 years, the Antichrist will break his covenant with Israel, and declare himself God. That is when God will begin to unleash His wrath on mankind.

In short, the tribulation could not have begun, as A. The Antichrist hasn't even been established and B. No covenant has been made with Israel.

My man, your eschatology leaves a lot to be desired. The tribulation cannot begin until the Antichrist makes a covenant with Israel. When that happens, that will immediately enter in the final 7 years of Daniel's 70 7s. Halfway through those final 7 years, the Antichrist will break his covenant with Israel, and declare himself God. That is when God will begin to unleash His wrath on mankind.

In short, the tribulation could not have begun, as A. The Antichrist hasn't even been established and B. No covenant has been made with Israel.

I hope we all have a plan B for trying to fix this mess just in case people 2000 years ago didn’t quite have it all figured out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT