ADVERTISEMENT

World war thread

There has never been a generation that didn't have folks believe this is the worst time in history and the end is near. I am going to spoil the ending, but we are not living in the worst of times. It isn't even close. Just take a look at 1910 - 1950 and you will count every blessing you have that you are living right now. Disease, War, Natural Catastrophes, Financial Catastrophes, genocide, the development and use of some of the most destructive weapons in the history of the world and all at a global scale.

Our biggest problem is that we have entire industries whose whole profit model is selling you on fear and anger. Grab a bottle of your favorite bourbon, turn on any news channel, and take a shot every time they report a story that is positive. You will probably never take the cap off the bottle. My advice to everyone is to stop spending time focused on the negative and instead get out there and enjoy this beautiful world that God gave us. To quote James 4:13-15:

Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.” Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.”

Usa escalating the global conflict with the atacas we sent Ukraine. When the world needs to simmer down we are throwing gasoline. Meanwhile putin is in China and the bad actors are all coming together against Israel. Nato I suppose will take out Russia China Iran? lol. I don’t know what these clowns are thinking. It’s absolute lunacy. Biden has been holding up Israel’s offensive in Gaza and while he’s doing that the world is turning on Israel. This guy is taking us to hell.
So you don't want Ukraine to defend itself because you're afraid of WW3 and now you don't want Israel to defend itself for the same reason.

Is that accurate?

Reactions: Hank Camacho
So you don't want Ukraine to defend itself because you're afraid of WW3 and now you don't want Israel to defend itself for the same reason.

Is that accurate?
I don’t have a problem with Ukraine defending itself. And if europe wants to jump in there that’s their decision. I have a problem with our country being at defacto war with another nuclear power. And it’s not fear it’s prevention from stupidity. Something you continue to espouse on this issue. I have a problem defending a country who’s identity today is still the mindset of Nazis and communists. Ukraine is low priority in my view for the USA. They aren’t a nato member for a reason nor will they be in the future. That says all you need. We are picking a fight with Russia basically because democrats are still traumatized by trump and tie him to Putin. It isn’t a necessary war it’s a war of emotion and now when the USA will need Russia to help in the ME they will align with our enemies, Israel’s enemies. You know. It helps to think ahead instead of only the moment.

Israel defending itself on the other hand aligns directly along side American interests. They are fighting the a reiteration of the group that attacked us on 9/11. They killed many Americans in Israel and kidnapped another 25 more. We have been at defecto war with these people for 20 years regardless of whether biden wanted to leave Afghanistan the way he did or not. You can’t wish them away and for 50 years we have been appeasing terrorists forcing Israel to make deals for peace. Leaving Afghanistan hastily to make Qatar/saudis happy, leaving Iraq to become a New Haven for terrorist to train and take their tactics to Gaza and several other places in the ME and around the world.

now we must resume the war on terror AND we are committed in Ukraine. That’s unsustainable and our enemies are taking advantage. The bright bulb biden can’t manage that. His admin is incapable. He’s already hurt Americans in the process and created vast instability in the mid east as his nsa declared the ME quiet and conflict free. While biden had thought things were fine in the region he had moved most of our intel to Ukraine. You don’t get it. You will never get it. You thought Putin would be dead last year but a year later he’s stronger and more influential than he was before the war. Russia is getting stronger regardless of ukraine results which is Putin’s ultimate goal. Tbh possibly russia wants the stalemate and wrap our country up in multiple wars. It’s been telegraphed for several years there would be a return to the ME for the USA.

And listen ww3 is here. It began the second the usa entered the Ukrainian russia war. Maybe it began when we ran like scared dogs from bagram a strategic area to keep Iran in check. That’s when the alignment took place. Now the consolidation in the ME. The USA now shows fear of Iran but you think we can run through Russia like water through a strainer. And now at home. There will be a political war because biden wants to tie funding for Ukraine and Israel. Pretty pathetic that you maintain the same view in light of how we moved resources to Ukraine which led to a massive attack against our direct interests. I’m done with you.

My man, your eschatology leaves a lot to be desired. The tribulation cannot begin until the Antichrist makes a covenant with Israel. When that happens, that will immediately enter in the final 7 years of Daniel's 70 7s. Halfway through those final 7 years, the Antichrist will break his covenant with Israel, and declare himself God. That is when God will begin to unleash His wrath on mankind.

In short, the tribulation could not have begun, as A. The Antichrist hasn't even been established and B. No covenant has been made with Israel.
This is correct. The Rapture is likely to occur soon at the rate things are escalating. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: mcnicKY91

Is that accurate?
Back to you again. Isis and Hezbollah are attacking US bases in Iraq and Syria now. You see the direct link now? Where is Russia attacking the USA? By trying to use their influence in elections? What country doesnt do that? Biden gonna tie Israeli aid to Ukraine tonight. What a nightmare this guy is. Let europe deal with Ukraine.

• Haha
Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
"the Palestinian's national rights have not been guaranteed."
What a load of horse shit. The only reason Palestine isn't already a soveriegn nation is because of, you know, PALESTINE.

The path to accomplish that was cleared and laid out to them over 35 years ago. They know what they have to do, and have refused. (because, IMO, they don't really GIVE a fvck about being a soveriegn nation)

So, IOW; these incomprehensibly stupid protestors, along with China and Russia, can go fvck themselves.

The sensible thing to do, would be for Israel take the Gaza strip BACK, and exterminate Hamas. They've had almost 4 decades to get their sh*t together and, as I said, they're clearly not interested in that so, bye...

Last edited:
"the Palestinian's national rights have not been guaranteed."
What a load of horse shit. The only reason Palestine isn't already a soveriegn nation is because of, you know, PALESTINE.

The path to accomplish that was cleared and laid out to them over 35 years ago. They know what they have to do, and have refused. (because, IMO, they don't really GIVE a fvck about being a soveriegn nation)

So, IOW; these incomprehensibly stupid protestors, along with China and Russia, can go fvck themselves.

The sensible thing to do, would be for Israel take the Gaza strip BACK, and exterminate Hamas. They've had almost 4 decades to get their sh*t together and, as I said, they're clearly not interested in that so, bye...
Clinton brokered a deal with ehud Barak and yasser Arafat would have given Palestinians 95% of what they wanted sans East Jerusalem and they said NO! Then the Americans pushed for open elections in Gaza and they elected Hamas. Hamas is about to become humus

Reactions: entropy13
Not saying things aren't a bit more serious these days...but 27 min. ago you posted a Fox News tweet from 3:33 this afternoon. Why do I bring that up? If the OP was truly right and we're on the brink of WW3, we wouldn't be posting tweets from 6 hrs ago. Twitter and social media would be in hyperdrive flooding us with moment by moment information. We wouldn't need to scour Twitter to find something from several hours ago to post. If we're on the brink of WW3, society is pretty damn chill about it.

What would it take to declare war on Iran? Mass casualty event against us at home or abroad? The second we enter a war, China will invade Taiwan and Russia will take theUkraine war to levels not seen. It’s best we stay put but I think Iran keeps pushing our buttons until we commit. They are not scared.

Not saying things aren't a bit more serious these days...but 27 min. ago you posted a Fox News tweet from 3:33 this afternoon. Why do I bring that up? If the OP was truly right and we're on the brink of WW3, we wouldn't be posting tweets from 6 hrs ago. Twitter and social media would be in hyperdrive flooding us with moment by moment information. We wouldn't need to scour Twitter to find something from several hours ago to post. If we're on the brink of WW3, society is pretty damn chill about it.
Well like that article also says things are happening that we never hear about or are reported days later. Society was chill when bin Laden declared war on the USA in 97. Society was chill as they bombed embassy’s and the Cole. Then 9/11 and society wasn’t so cool. American society. I guess Americans won’t come to accept it until it hits our shores. Let me tell you when Iran ups the ante there will be attacks in the USA. Hezbollah has operated with impunity in Latin America and has a very strong presence in the USA they have been building for decades. Israel has yet to really respond to the Hamas attack. They have leveled Gaza but what comes next is what will finally bring the conflict with Iran and Hezbollah.

Anyone who doesn’t think this is happening go read the political thread and the thoughts of some of the resident leftists and tell me how this will deescalate? They have banned with Islamic facism against Israel. There’s no putting the genie back in the bottle. And Israel isn’t going out again. And Russia who is at war in Europe they showed up at an airport because they believed an airliner carrying Jews to Russia was arriving. It was a mob ready to do who knows what. Everything is deteriorating rapidly.

Anyone who doesn’t think this is happening go read the political thread and the thoughts of some of the resident leftists and tell me how this will deescalate? They have banned with Islamic facism against Israel. There’s no putting the genie back in the bottle. And Israel isn’t going out again. And Russia who is at war in Europe they showed up at an airport because they believed an airliner carrying Jews to Russia was arriving. It was a mob ready to do who knows what. Everything is deteriorating rapidly.
Same things that have been going on for thousands of years.

Same things that have been going on for thousands of years.
Sure they have. Conventional Bombs that can level 4 sq blocks have been around for millennia. If the tech there is today existed thousands of years ago we’d be living in the Stone Age. If you don’t think what’s happening is different then you’re in for a rude awakening. Israel isn’t going to be conquered again. You will know it soon then we can talk.

Back to you again. Isis and Hezbollah are attacking US bases in Iraq and Syria now. You see the direct link now? Where is Russia attacking the USA? By trying to use their influence in elections? What country doesnt do that? Biden gonna tie Israeli aid to Ukraine tonight. What a nightmare this guy is. Let europe deal with Ukraine.
We don't have bases in Ukraine to be attacked, do we? Let's get our bases out of Syria & Iraq if that's your criteria for supporting a particular country or not. Only malcontents in those countries are attacking our bases. Either help freedom desiring countries or don't, but don't play favorites - as you keep doing. Yes, Biden is a nightmare, but not as much as picking favorites is.

We don't have bases in Ukraine to be attacked, do we? Let's get our bases out of Syria & Iraq if that's your criteria for supporting a particular country or not. Only malcontents in those countries are attacking our bases. Either help freedom desiring countries or don't, but don't play favorites - as you keep doing. Yes, Biden is a nightmare, but not as much as picking favorites is.
We have an embassy in Ukraine. Russia hasn’t attacked it. We have an embassy in Iraq. Iran and its proxies have. We just fought a long war against the same groups who on October 7th attacked Israelis, Americans, Germans, Thai, many people of many different nations. Sending Ukraine weapons to make the war a stalemate is why we are here. You didn’t listen and still refuse to connect the dots. Ukraine could have given up Donbas (the disputed Russian speaking region ukraine has been trying to eliminate Russian culture) and avoided this you know much like the USA has pushed Israel to do for 40 years of land for peace. This is exactly what Putin wants, people like you trying to compare Israel and Ukraine. You’ve bought his strategy hook line and sinker. You thought he would attack nato immediately. He did an end around on you.

There are 30 countries in the world at war right now. We help a fraction of “freedom desiring countries”. I don’t make policy. I have an opinion and we pick and choose which countries to help. That’s America buddy. Send a letter to your buddy Mitch McConnell if you want to whine about it. Peace is more important to me than freedom for countries who don’t know what to do with it.

Reactions: SDC888
As late as 1970, we had F-100's with nukes at Cigli (near Izmir) and several other bases. Four were armed with nukes at all times and supposed to be airborne within two minutes of the order to deploy. Each was housed in a separate hangar. No one man including the pilot was allowed inside the hangar by themselves. One night one of the guards decided to play pizz on the bomb and he got caught. They called out probably a hundred guys at two in the morning to replace the plane and bomb. There was usually anywhere from twenty to eighty planes in a backup area that could be armed and airborne within two hours. The guy got court marshalled and a bad conduct discharge if I recall correctly.
Big shots always visited Cigli and they would play war games. I think they used the war games as an excuse to visit so they could hunt wild boar. One day a group of a dozen or so were getting a tour of the area where the nuke planes were hangared. There was a red line in front and back of the hangars. Those lines defined no mans land. One of the big shot generals was rubber necking and accidently stepped on the line. The guard was a large guy who played fullback for Missouri till he flunked out of school. We called him Grog. Grog picked the general up by his neck and the seat of his pants, ran with him to a truck, tossed the general in the bed of the truck, jumped in on top of him, and the general rode to the police station with a rifle pointed at the back of his head.

Just caught this gem

Awesome post

Was the F100 the Delta Dagger or Thunderchief?

I get the Vietnam era fighter-bomber AF units confused still - one was nicknamed the Led Sled but I would have to Duck-Duck-Go the information to get it straight -

Happy Sunday morning, Catsfans

Last edited:
Reactions: mailman85
---
Atlas was an ICBM (Intercontinental Ballistic Missile). Thor was an IRBM (Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile).

The bombs could have been either B-61 or B-63 "dial a yield" gravity (free fall) devices. The maximum yield on the B-63 is 1.2 megatons. That would be one hell of a blast.

Thank you!

Atlas and Thor were both Eisenhower admin projects I believe - the other , older IRBM was the Jupiter missile?

Air Force eventually brought Titan online and started the Minuteman ICBM pgms somewhere in - the late 60s?

Last edited:
We have an embassy in Ukraine. Russia hasn’t attacked it. We have an embassy in Iraq. Iran and its proxies have. We just fought a long war against the same groups who on October 7th attacked Israelis, Americans, Germans, Thai, many people of many different nations. Sending Ukraine weapons to make the war a stalemate is why we are here. You didn’t listen and still refuse to connect the dots. Ukraine could have given up Donbas (the disputed Russian speaking region ukraine has been trying to eliminate Russian culture) and avoided this you know much like the USA has pushed Israel to do for 40 years of land for peace. This is exactly what Putin wants, people like you trying to compare Israel and Ukraine. You’ve bought his strategy hook line and sinker. You thought he would attack nato immediately. He did an end around on you.

There are 30 countries in the world at war right now. We help a fraction of “freedom desiring countries”. I don’t make policy. I have an opinion and we pick and choose which countries to help. That’s America buddy. Send a letter to your buddy Mitch McConnell if you want to whine about it. Peace is more important to me than freedom for countries who don’t know what to do with it.
Just reading this. You've wound yourself up into quite the rambling narrative with dots thrown at a wall that you separately try to connect. Were the subject not so serious, it would be hilarious. It is senseless.

Last edited:
Reactions: chroix
Just caught this gem

Awesome post

Was the F100 the Delta Dagger or Thunderchief?

I get the Vietnam era fighter-bomber AF units confused still - one was nicknamed the Led Sled but I would have to Duck-Duck-Go the information to get it straight -

The F4 Phantom from that era is one of my favorites - the Japanese self defense force still flew them regularly when I first was stationed at Yokota AB -- maybe the loudest jet I've ever heard - gorgeous design too

The F111 was another fm that era I think
The Aardvark?
Sometimes tagged with the AF's "Wild Weasel" missions along with the F4

And didn't we once have British made Harriers for the Navy/USMC?

And am I TOTALLY making up a brief window where the Regan Administration was going to buy French delta winged fighter jets too -- forget their name - did we actually DO that back in the 80s?

I remember the original F18 Hornet experiencing severe design and operational flaws - hence the Super Hornet of today

And I remember thinking the F14 Tomcat was a pretty righteous aircraft as well -

SORRY - now I'm just naming freaking aircraft and paying NO MIND to the length or cohesion of this post

Happy Sunday morning, Catsfans
I was given a M1 carbine and told to guard whatever post I was assigned. I didn't even know there were 2 types of F-100's. I was told that prior to the Cuban crisis, we had missile silos there also.

We had a pilot having fun with the locals up in the mountains. He would buzz the village and then pull out. This was way up in the mountains where people had no electricity or concept of modern. Well when he rolled he must have got confused because he slammed into the side of a mountain. His wreckage was spread over a valley and four mountainsides. A group of us camped out for maybe ten days or so guarding the wreckage till they retrieved what they wanted. You'd see sheep herders, their dogs and the wolves following the sheep. I think maybe they thought the Russians might be interested in looking at the wreckage, but we didn't see any.

BTW, while I was there, there was a bad earthquake quite a ways away, but I was guarding the nuke planes when the effects of the quake hit us. You could see the ground rolling at you like ocean waves. Though I was standing/walking, the ground almost hit me in the face. It was over in seconds and you couldn't even tell anything had happened.

You know I have never experienced a serious earthquake. - seeing the earth ripple like that would be surreal and disturbing

We had some noticeable earthquakes in japan but nothing significant for my 2 yr tour (Kobe however had a bad one back then)

Reactions: berniecarbo
Despite all of the doomer negativity we’re all still here. Shocking.
Lol terrible take not much of a historian are you? You think a global war will last 2 months or even 2 years? Do you know how long previous global wars have lasted? And I made this post BEFORE Israel was attacked knowing it was coming. Another shoe will drop soon. Mock me all you want but the reality is what it is. And yes we are still here but many people already are not any longer. Such an arrogant American statement. You realize the USA is fantasy land right until it hits our borders then maybe you wake up

Lol terrible take not much of a historian are you? You think a global war will last 2 months or even 2 years? Do you know how long previous global wars have lasted? And I made this post BEFORE Israel was attacked knowing it was coming. Another shoe will drop soon. Mock me all you want but the reality is what it is. And yes we are still here but many people already are not any longer. Such an arrogant American statement. You realize the USA is fantasy land right until it hits our borders then maybe you wake up

It’s just the magnitude you allude to. Predicting more war is like saying it’s going to rain. Of course that’s going to happen. It’s always happened and will always happen is my point. Things are not any worse than they ever are.

Reactions: J_Dee
It’s just the magnitude you allude to. Predicting more war is like saying it’s going to rain. Of course that’s going to happen. It’s always happened and will always happen is my point. Things are not any worse than they ever are.
Give me a break dude. Now there is a slow down with Israel you think all is fine. I made the thread on sept 15 and 3 weeks later the trigger for the global war occurred. It is on a massive magnitude. It’s been 2 stinkin months and like I said “BEGINNING stages”. You know what that means? It means it’s just getting started. I don’t see how you can deny it. And no things haven’t occurred on the magnitude we are watching not since ww2. There may be already 500K dead ukrainians and Russians and it’s escalating daily. Never has Israel been hit like they were. That was their Pearl Harbor. They aren’t finished in Gaza. Nor with Iran and Russia? They want a global war to rearrange the world order. You cannot stop people who desire war and when they tell you that it’s coming we need to listen. The Russian people already believe they are involved in a war against the west.

The genz will look back at this time the same the greatest generation did. It’s a difficult time for them with lockdowns and now a step away from the US needing to implement a draft. This is the most dangerous time the world faces because of the nuclear age and countries like N Korea and Pakistan armed to the teeth with nukes. How long can the tension continue to build without snapping? Don’t you realize that Russia is working with Iran with China with North Korea with Hamas Hezbollah to put the USA on many fronts? I read the military is running low on money and can’t afford a full scale deployment to the Middle East. Just because bombs aren’t falling on your head doesn’t mean that this is a time of peace. Your grandparents or great grandparents even as horrific as ww2 was never saw war on US soil. The world right now is like an angry man who’s been holding back rage for generations. The thing is none of us not even the US government has a choice at this point. Where is the off ramp? Blinken warning Israel to stop killing gazans is on deaf ears. Israel is going to push now or it will be consumed by Iranian proxies and and Iran with nuclear weapons.

I’m not predicting a war. It’s a global war a massive campaign. Ukraine struck 3000 miles in Russia yesterday, it could be looked at China as against their interests what Ukraine did. It’s a catastrophe what’s going on and the hawks keep turning up the heat. I mean we have 5% growth because of 100 billion in spending to Ukraine. Every major power on earth is building up their stockpiles. For what? Peace? The problem is too many Americans now didn’t know their great grandparents or grandparents and the lessons of the time in the first half of the 20th century have been forgotten. We’ve been repeating them now for 20 years and the global powers are on heightened states of alert. This is normal? Of course wars happen. But these times are massively different. Just wait man give it a couple of years. You won’t be disappointed.

Btw this American short term thinking like this that it would happen in a couple of months is why it will happen. It’s a sickness we have to look at everything in the short run. The rest of the world plays a much longer game. I mean look at what Hamas is doing. They attacked Israel. Went into their holes. Used human shields and have still managed to get 75% of the world to jump on their cause. This is the phase now. Build support for their cause run the propaganda in Arab media and hope Israel like the USA begins to rot inside out. I’m the meantime Russia Iran bide their time to attack using Hezbollah. It won’t work with Israel the way it did the USA though. Israel is fighting for its life. No my man even though the media has slowed its coverage and Israel has pulled back in order to secure some hostages it’s far from over as is the Russia Ukraine war. The two are inextricably linked with Russia as the puppet master for the middle east. Just get a box of popcorn and a lead box to hop into when it finally comes to your doorstep.

Reactions: chroix
Give me a break dude. Now there is a slow down with Israel you think all is fine. I made the thread on sept 15 and 3 weeks later the trigger for the global war occurred. It is on a massive magnitude. It’s been 2 stinkin months and like I said “BEGINNING stages”. You know what that means? It means it’s just getting started. I don’t see how you can deny it. And no things haven’t occurred on the magnitude we are watching not since ww2. There may be already 500K dead ukrainians and Russians and it’s escalating daily. Never has Israel been hit like they were. That was their Pearl Harbor. They aren’t finished in Gaza. Nor with Iran and Russia? They want a global war to rearrange the world order. You cannot stop people who desire war and when they tell you that it’s coming we need to listen. The Russian people already believe they are involved in a war against the west.

The genz will look back at this time the same the greatest generation did. It’s a difficult time for them with lockdowns and now a step away from the US needing to implement a draft. This is the most dangerous time the world faces because of the nuclear age and countries like N Korea and Pakistan armed to the teeth with nukes. How long can the tension continue to build without snapping? Don’t you realize that Russia is working with Iran with China with North Korea with Hamas Hezbollah to put the USA on many fronts? I read the military is running low on money and can’t afford a full scale deployment to the Middle East. Just because bombs aren’t falling on your head doesn’t mean that this is a time of peace. Your grandparents or great grandparents even as horrific as ww2 was never saw war on US soil. The world right now is like an angry man who’s been holding back rage for generations. The thing is none of us not even the US government has a choice at this point. Where is the off ramp? Blinken warning Israel to stop killing gazans is on deaf ears. Israel is going to push now or it will be consumed by Iranian proxies and and Iran with nuclear weapons.

I’m not predicting a war. It’s a global war a massive campaign. Ukraine struck 3000 miles in Russia yesterday, it could be looked at China as against their interests what Ukraine did. It’s a catastrophe what’s going on and the hawks keep turning up the heat. I mean we have 5% growth because of 100 billion in spending to Ukraine. Every major power on earth is building up their stockpiles. For what? Peace? The problem is too many Americans now didn’t know their great grandparents or grandparents and the lessons of the time in the first half of the 20th century have been forgotten. We’ve been repeating them now for 20 years and the global powers are on heightened states of alert. This is normal? Of course wars happen. But these times are massively different. Just wait man give it a couple of years. You won’t be disappointed.

Btw this American short term thinking like this that it would happen in a couple of months is why it will happen. It’s a sickness we have to look at everything in the short run. The rest of the world plays a much longer game. I mean look at what Hamas is doing. They attacked Israel. Went into their holes. Used human shields and have still managed to get 75% of the world to jump on their cause. This is the phase now. Build support for their cause run the propaganda in Arab media and hope Israel like the USA begins to rot inside out. I’m the meantime Russia Iran bide their time to attack using Hezbollah. It won’t work with Israel the way it did the USA though. Israel is fighting for its life. No my man even though the media has slowed its coverage and Israel has pulled back in order to secure some hostages it’s far from over as is the Russia Ukraine war. The two are inextricably linked with Russia as the puppet master for the middle east. Just get a box of popcorn and a lead box to hop into when it finally comes to your doorstep.

Popcorn popped. We’ll check back in and continue this in another month or two.

My position is simple: The Israel/Gaza war happening now. Not some wag the dog, get the Elite rich Ukraine War. The Bible spells it out rather simply, if you're into that sort of thing.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie

30? By what criteria?

My position is simple: The Israel/Gaza war happening now. Not some wag the dog, get the Elite rich Ukraine War. The Bible spells it out rather simply, if you're into that sort of thing.
So is the Putin/Ukraine War. Or you deny that? I'm not into that sort of thing. As such, I value both wars equally & by far favor those attacked. Really no difference. Or the Bible trumps all for you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT