ADVERTISEMENT

With Big Z in the mix I give you my updated starting five for your Kentucky Wildcats

Still think by the time we get to December you are looking at Bradshaw/Mitchell down low.

MPG using easy math so give or take a couple minutes...

Starters:
1. Wagner- 25
2. Reeves- 30
3. Edwards- 25
4. Mitchell- 30
5. Bradshaw- 25

Primary Bench:
Thiero- 15 (SF, PF)
Shep- 15 (PG,2G/3G)
Dilly- 15 (10 PG, 2G)
Ivisic- 15 (C, PF)
Ugo- 5 (C)

Ugo will probably be the odd man out, but who knows. See nothing more than spot mins for Hart and Burks.

Last edited:
Burks puts the ball in the basket. If mere height doesn't work, Burks could easily get more time than people seem to imagine he will. Bradshaw and Ugonna are both very tall people, but Bradshaw wasn't the focus of his HS team's offense. And Ugonna seemed a bit at sea in the brief time he was on the court last year. Works-in-progress, as the euphemism goes. Maybe neither are natural athletes. Sure, bodies change. Players quit being flummoxed by the speed of the game and suddenly flourish. We'll see. But as I said, Burks was a tremendous scorer in HS.

Still think by the time we get to December you are looking at Bradshaw/Mitchell down low.

Starters:
1. Wagner- 25
2. Reeves- 30
3. Edwards- 25
4. Mitchell- 30
5. Bradshaw- 25

Primary Bench:
Thiero- 15 (SF, PF)
Shep- 15 (PG,2G/3G)
Dilly- 15 (10 PG, 2G)
Ivisic- 15 (C, PF)
Ugo- 5 (C)

Ugo will probably be the odd man out, but who knows. See nothing more than spot mins for Hart and Burks.
Pretty much spot on with what I think.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
I think Thiero will get the most minutes off the bench. He is versatile enough to play 4 positions on the floor. He isn't ideal at the guard spot, but he can do it...just like last year. He will also be one of the best defenders on court. To me he is a no brainier to be first guy off the bench. If it is anyone else, I guess it would be Shep.

Neither agree with these lyrics...

I think Thiero will get the most minutes off the bench. He is versatile enough to play 4 positions on the floor. He isn't ideal at the guard spot, but he can do it...just like last year. He will also be one of the best defenders on court. To me he is a no brainier to be first guy off the bench. If it is anyone else, I guess it would be Shep.

Neither agree with these lyrics...

when you got guys like thiero and reed coming off the bench, we might just be ok this year...Both of those guys are glue.We will be playing with effort and IQ

I see a 5 spot by committee with Bradshaw, Ivisic, and Onyenso splitting time, for now (assuming all three are available).

I think Bradshaw has the highest potential to be the starter and dominate the minutes, but it’s up in the air.

Wagner, Reeves, Edwards, and Mitchell should be the starters at the 1-4 spots.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I see a 5 spot by committee with Bradshaw, Ivisic, and Onyenso splitting time, for now (assuming all three are available).

I think Bradshaw has the highest potential to be the starter and dominate the minutes, but it’s up in the air.

Wagner, Reeves, Edwards, and Mitchell should be the starters at the 1-4 spots.
Why do people keep putting Mitchell as a 4? Assuming Bradshaw plays, Mitchell be a 5.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
With the way jones was talking on KSR it sounds like ugo may not play much this year at all if any
Jones has a known hatred for Ugo. I called in once when he was on a tangent against Ugo, correctly stating that he was top 5 in On3 before he reclassed and he freaked out and dropped my call.

Point being, his ass is chapped and this is the hill he for some reason chose to die on. It’s a unhealthy dislike for Ugo from him honestly and I don’t where the hell it came from.

Bradshaw is more of a rim protector than Mitchell I believe so just assuming you'd want him more at the 5. I think they're both fairly interchangeable though so not sure the distinction matters all that much (especially on offense).
I guess I’m thinking offense. For defense? Hell yes, Bradshaw needs to be in the paint. My bad for not being more precise. Good call tho.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
I’m not sure you see just one starting 5 out of this group. The starters could change depending on the competition we face. Also could depend on defensive skills. Every gets wrapped around offensive capabilities when the value of those is tiny compared to defensive skills. May be simple as this: Want to start, shutdown the guy you are guarding.

Reactions: jauk11
Jones has a known hatred for Ugo. I called in once when he was on a tangent against Ugo, correctly stating that he was top 5 in On3 before he reclassed and he freaked out and dropped my call.

Point being, his ass is chapped and this is the hill he for some reason chose to die on. It’s a unhealthy dislike for Ugo from him honestly and I don’t where the hell it came from.

Ryan Lemond making Monkey noises when trying to say Ugo's name was an all-time low moment on KSR.
Plus them floating that rumor that the manager was better than Ugo (which obviously was never true).

I do agree they have a weird thing with Ugo that I don't understand.

But I think Ugo will be the 4th man in the rotation this year behind those other 3. Perhaps I'm wrong, I've been wrong plenty of times before, but I think it's mostly a 3 man rotation at those 2 spots, with Thiero and Ugo filling in at the 4/5 spots respectively when there is foul trouble, etc.

Ryan Lemond making Monkey noises when trying to say Ugo's name was an all-time low moment on KSR.
Plus them floating that rumor that the manager was better than Ugo (which obviously was never true).

But I think Ugo will be the 4th man in the rotation this year behind those other 3. Perhaps I'm wrong, I've been wrong plenty of times before, but I think it's mostly a 3 man rotation at those 2 spots, with Thiero and Ugo filling in at the 4/5 spots respectively when there is foul trouble, etc.
Watch Ugo go nuts. I hope so, that way I can hear MJ say he called it all along. And I dare you @MattJonesKSR to say I’m wrong.

To be fair, MJ got on him for that.

And also to be fair, I don’t see Ryan as being racist, just an idiot.

When I was done at a senior at University Heights we went to Yugoslavia for a Summer trip. It was before they split up. It was amazing. There were military people everywhere but they were told to respect us. They did not call us UHA they called us University of Kentucky, it was crazy. We played so many games. We found out about their culture. They love sports. They wanted to know about baseball. The women were so beautiful. What a beautiful country. The mountains, omg, they drive crazy. It’s the only time I shat my britches. I’m a farm boy. I drive a half a million tractor off a ridge. These people scare me. Welcome Big Z. The kids move out of there house when they are 13. Military and basketball. We got a great one. Welcome Big Z. Welcome

Why do people keep putting Mitchell as a 4? Assuming Bradshaw plays, Mitchell be a 5.
Bradshaw is more of a rim protector than Mitchell I believe so just assuming you'd want him more at the 5. I think they're both fairly interchangeable though so not sure the distinction matters all that much (especially on offense).
Agreed.

They should be pretty complementary of each other.

Also, when we play someone with a bruiser inside, Mitchell might be called on to defend down low, since I would assume he is stronger.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
Going to be interesting to see who the fifth starter will be.

Everyone pretty much has Wagner, Reeves, Edwards, and Mitchell locked in as starters, just waiting to see who the last piece will be.

Starters:
1. Wagner- 25
2. Reeves- 30
3. Edwards- 25
4. Mitchell- 30
5. Bradshaw- 25

Primary Bench:
Thiero- 15 (SF, PF)
Shep- 15 (PG,2G/3G)
Dilly- 15 (10 PG, 2G)
Ivisic- 15 (C, PF)
Ugo- 5 (C)

I think you about nailed it....my slight argument is I see Thiero possibly down to spot minutes like Ugo (especialy if Z and Bradshaw don't get bullied badly)

I think you about nailed it....my slight argument is I see Thiero possibly down to spot minutes like Ugo (especialy if Z and Bradshaw don't get bullied badly)

JMHO, Thiero is an interchangeable piece. Cannot imagine him being a 5mpg guy. If he is, it better come at the expense of a small ball 3G lineup with Edwards at the 4. He brings too much to the table to not play 18-20 mpg.

JMHO, Thiero is an interchangeable piece. Cannot imagine him being a 5mpg guy. If he is, it better come at the expense of a small ball 3G lineup with Edwards at the 4. He brings too much to the table to not play 18-20 mpg.
We’ll..is he really incredible though?

6’6 Good athlete. Good handles for a small ball four (but not so good as a guard….and really bad handles as a PG…which he’s not). But he’s not a good scorer or even shooter…46% in Canada and 0% 3pt

I pretty aggressive kid which may be his key to playing time to be a Draymknd Green ish type of player. He’s going to have to be that guy who defends like his hair is on fire and be tough/loose ball dude

His problem is the roster is shaking out to where minutes at the SF are going to be consumed by Edwards and Reeves and Shep will get some in three guard lineups…so he’s going to have to play PF

Then at PF Mitchell and Bradshaw will play those roles with better size.

Finally at Center is the key….Both Bradshaw snd Mitchell csn play five but now you’ve got big Z and if he can rebound and play strong enough…his size/rim protection will warrant minutes….if he can truly stretch the floor with shooting and not be a TO machine…..forget about it…he’ll be a star and get 20+minutes easy

And there simply aren’t minutes left for Thiero barring injury

Reactions: CatTough
Burks puts the ball in the basket. If mere height doesn't work, Burks could easily get more time than people seem to imagine he will. Bradshaw and Ugonna are both very tall people, but Bradshaw wasn't the focus of his HS team's offense. And Ugonna seemed a bit at sea in the brief time he was on the court last year. Works-in-progress, as the euphemism goes. Maybe neither are natural athletes. Sure, bodies change. Players quit being flummoxed by the speed of the game and suddenly flourish. We'll see. But as I said, Burks was a tremendous scorer in HS.
Is flummoxed a new virus. Hopefully, it isn’t as bad as covid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT