ADVERTISEMENT

Winter Olympics

USA USA USA! Stayed up all this time watching frigging women's hockey and they actually won. OT and then 6 round shootout.

Great thing to see the goalie was 7.5 months old last time we won the gold crazy how that ended!

Well crap. I went to sleep with the score 2 to 1 Canada after they scored twice in a short time and they were getting way more good shots on goal. Figured they were going to win by a couple of goals. Guess I will have to watch a replay from what I missed.

It looks like we also won a silver in skiing last night. We've definitely performed better the last few days. Wish we started off better.

I don't know how people enjoy watching hockey. Hockey and soccer are both a bunch of playing keep away with the occasional attempted shot on goal. At least there is legal contact in hockey. About 7 minutes in and the U.S. has no real shots on goal while Canada has had 2. Canada looks much more skilled. This feels like I am watching a Virginia Cavaliers basketball game. It would be better if they cut the players on the ice down to 3 or 4 per team (not counting the goalies). Also offsides sucks.

You’re watching semi-professional women play hockey. NHL games are very fast, violent, aggressive, with 30-40 shots on goal per team.

Vonn is terrible. I have yet to ever see her win a gold medal. Yeah, maybe she has before, but they have pimped her like never before, only to fail once again.

You’re watching semi-professional women play hockey. NHL games are very fast, violent, aggressive, with 30-40 shots on goal per team.

I can't stand even watching the NHL. I just think there are to many players on the ice and it would be more entertaining with more scoring. Playing to win 1-0 is not my idea of entertaining. I know scoring isn't like that very often. Just using that as an example.

I believe there are about 6 goals a game on average now. So it is more like 4-2. I just think it would be more entertaining with high scoring shootouts with like the winner scoring 8 to 10 points. I just get bored easy and that is why I rarely watch any baseball anymore as well.

The curling team just made the gold medal game after upsetting Canada. They were playing horribly in their first few games and needed a miracle to make the medal rounds and they got it. They've won 4 in a row and only have Sweden in their way to win gold. Even if they don't win, it has been a very successful Olympics for them.

Mens Halfpipe ski takes Gold And Silver. David Wise does it again.

At least Shiffrin takes Silver. Vonn collapsed, yet again.

Bummed I got to miss the Women's Hockey Final.

Not a bad night overall.

giphy.gif

Vonn is terrible. I have yet to ever see her win a gold medal. Yeah, maybe she has before, but they have pimped her like never before, only to fail once again.
She is a good skier for sure, but you are correct. She hasn’t lived up to the hype machine.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I can't stand even watching the NHL. I just think there are to many players on the ice and it would be more entertaining with more scoring. Playing to win 1-0 is not my idea of entertaining. I know scoring isn't like that very often. Just using that as an example.

I believe there are about 6 goals a game on average now. So it is more like 4-2. I just think it would be more entertaining with high scoring shootouts with like the winner scoring 8 to 10 points. I just get bored easy and that is why I rarely watch any baseball anymore as well.

Are you a baseball, golf, lacrosse, etc fan? Or do you just like games with lots of scoring?

The curling team just made the gold medal game after upsetting Canada. They were playing horribly in their first few games and needed a miracle to make the medal rounds and they got it. They've won 4 in a row and only have Sweden in their way to win gold. Even if they don't win, it has been a very successful Olympics for them.

They’re on fire right now. Great job.

She is a good skier for sure, but you are correct. She hasn’t lived up to the hype machine.

Agreed. She’s pretty, in one of the higher profile winter sports, got some fame with dating Tiger, etc, and the media hyped her up. Now it’ll be Shiffrin’s time to be hyped. She’s hot, young, and already has as many Olympic medals as Vonn. If she stays healthy and motivated she’ll be in other 2-3 Olympics.

Reactions: Pelosigalore
Agreed. She’s pretty, in one of the higher profile winter sports, got some fame with dating Tiger, etc, and the media hyped her up. Now it’ll be Shiffrin’s time to be hyped. She’s hot, young, and already has as many Olympic medals as Vonn. If she stays healthy and motivated she’ll be in other 2-3 Olympics.

Well, if the media hyped her, they had reason to. She's won more races than any woman that's ever lived, by a wide margin..

But agreed, she has underperformed at the IOlympics.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
Are you a baseball, golf, lacrosse, etc fan? Or do you just like games with lots of scoring?

Nope none of those. I stopped with baseball back after that strike or lockout (don't remember which it was) back in I believe the mid 90's. I actually use to play baseball growing up and got tired of it and never really loved watching it. That made the strike/lockout a perfect time to dump it.

I think I have a little ADHD in me. I get bored just watching things where they play keep away a lot before occasionally trying to score. I felt like I was at the dentist when watching the women's hockey game, but tried to watch anyways before going to bed. I'm happy that they won the gold though. Don't even get me started on soccer.

I mainly only care for basketball and football. There isn't much else I will watch sports related except for some of the Olympic events and cheer on the U.S. I definitely prefer the Summer Olympics though, but I can tolerate most of these.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
She might have been disappointing in the Olympics but to say she's terrible is a bad take. She's got the highest super ranking of any skier, male of female, since they started keeping the rankings.

Watching that shootout was very exciting. I was expecting Canada to win that. Also the Diggins win in cross country was equally as great.

I disagree that Vonn and Shiffin are under performing. It's not like they are finishing out of the top ten.

Shiffin came in 4th in the slalom, but missed the gold medal by only .08 seconds. I have read that it takes a human .10 seconds to blink. She failed to win gold in 20% less time than it takes you to blink.

Vonn won the bronze in the downhill, but was only .47 seconds from the gold, less than a half second.

Alpine skiing is some what similar to pro golf. Jack Nicholas is considered the greatest golfer ever, winning 18 majors. But he failed to win over 80% of the majors in which he competed.

In these events your odds can be very good at beating an individual player, but the odds go down dramatically at beating the field.

I don't know what it is about her, but I've got a thing for this Korean curler wearing glasses. She's not extremely hot but there's just something about her. I'd tongue punch her fart box.

Last edited:
Reactions: warrior-cat
Watching that shootout was very exciting. I was expecting Canada to win that. Also the Diggins win in cross country was equally as great.

I disagree that Vonn and Shiffin are under performing. It's not like they are finishing out of the top ten.

Shiffin came in 4th in the slalom, but missed the gold medal by only .08 seconds. I have read that it takes a human .10 seconds to blink. She failed to win gold in 20% less time than it takes you to blink.

Vonn won the bronze in the downhill, but was only .47 seconds from the gold, less than a half second.

Alpine skiing is some what similar to pro golf. Jack Nicholas is considered the greatest golfer ever, winning 18 majors. But he failed to win over 80% of the majors in which he competed.

In these events your odds can be very good at beating an individual player, but the odds go down dramatically at beating the field.

Maybe. but my response to that is, how come she does so well in the World games, which I imagine any skier worth their salt is there. I can't comment too much on Shiffrin, she's only 22 anyways. But Lindsay Vonn comes in as the favorite and rarely leaves as one.

She's had 81 gold medals (or wins) for the World's, and 3 Olympic medals. Yes, there are far more orotundities for medals in the World's, But it seems the weight of the Olympics gets to her, at least in part.

Reactions: warrior-cat
USA about to win gold in men’s curling. I’ve watched John Schuster choke like a dog on a bone for 8 years. Played like a champ last few matches. Good for him. USA. USA. USA!

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I don't know what it is about her, but I've got a thing for this Korean curler wearing glasses. She's not extremely hot but there's just something about her. I'd tongue punch her fart box.
I was thinking she had a Linda Carter look going in an Asian woman. Very pretty woman imo.

Reactions: 420grover
I recommend the documentary "Icarus" if you want to see just how extensive the Russian doping scandal became. It's nominated for an Oscar this year and is available on Netflix. Trailer here:

Reactions: KY_Kid
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT