ADVERTISEMENT

Winter Olympics

vhcat70

All-American
Feb 5, 2003
Can't wait for women's downhill. Can you imagine those thighs wrapped around you & pulling you in?

2A3F636800000578-0-image-a-65_1436142607453.jpg

Yeah, another dumb sport. I much prefer the Summer Olympics. I'm not a fan of many winter sports. It also seems like the Winter Olympics has added a bunch of X-Game type sports lately.

I'll watch the classic skiing events, speed skating, and, although I'm not a hockey fan, Olympic hockey is usually really fun to watch.

What's with the "Biathon"? It seems to be a "sport" combining cross-country skiing with rifle shooting. Hey, how 'bout a similar sport for the Summer Olympics: Run 5 km with a gun, stop and rob a liquor store, then run 5 km to the finish line!

Can't wait for women's downhill. Can you imagine those thighs wrapped around you & pulling you in?

2A3F636800000578-0-image-a-65_1436142607453.jpg

I always pull for the U.S.A. against the world in any sport. I don't care if it is figure skating [sick]or curling (I actually like it and wish they had some of those places around like bowling alleys so the average person can try it). However, I hope this chick crashes and fails.

I can't stand these athletes (anyone with popularity actually) that uses their popularity to push their agenda for the world to see. You don't like Trump fine, but don't use the Olympics as a podium to bash the President. This is the time to be united as a country. I hope she disappears into obscurity like Colin Kaepernick.

During an interview Wednesday with CNN’s Alpine Edge, the Olympic skier said she would decline an invitation to visit President Donald Trump’s White House if invited.

“But I have to win to be invited,” Vonn said. “No actually I think every US team member is invited, so no I won’t go.”

“I hope to represent the people of the United States, not the President.”

I always pull for the U.S.A. against the world in any sport. I don't care if it is figure skating [sick]or curling (I actually like it and wish they had some of those places around like bowling alleys so the average person can try it). However, I hope this chick crashes and fails.

I can't stand these athletes (anyone with popularity actually) that uses their popularity to push their agenda for the world to see. You don't like Trump fine, but don't use the Olympics as a podium to bash the President. This is the time to be united as a country. I hope she disappears into obscurity like Colin Kaepernick.

During an interview Wednesday with CNN’s Alpine Edge, the Olympic skier said she would decline an invitation to visit President Donald Trump’s White House if invited.

“But I have to win to be invited,” Vonn said. “No actually I think every US team member is invited, so no I won’t go.”

“I hope to represent the people of the United States, not the President.”
You know what's worse than people with popularity pushing agendas? People without popularity pushing agendas. At least she has talent and accomplishments. You're just anonymous schmuck on the internet. This threads about the Olympics, not wah wah respect the president except the ones who look like they were born in Kenya.

Opening ceremony was pretty good.
My favorite was the drone formation. Least favorite was the oily Tonga guy. Once was enough.
Some on Twitter we're making fun of the US team outfit. It wasn't good but it was better than the monochromatic look of the last US team to compete in Korea.
cast.jpg

The effects were pretty cool, the rendition of “Imagine” that they were singing was horrendous.

Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
Yeah, the Evil Russkies got themselves kicked out of this year's Olympics.

It was some kind of doping scandal that involved athletes and accomplices all the way up to the top of Russian Olympic Federation. Russia, as a country, was banned. At least 47 athletes and coaches permanently. The International Olympic Committee has allowed individual Russians, presumed innocent, to compete on a case-by-case basis. They are known as "OARs" -- "Olympic Athletes from Russia". Some of them still don't know if they'll be allowed to participate yet or not.

Yeah, the Evil Russkies got themselves kicked out of this year's Olympics.

It was some kind of doping scandal that involved athletes and accomplices all the way up to the top of Russian Olympic Federation. Russia, as a country, was banned. At least 47 athletes and coaches permanently. The International Olympic Committee has allowed individual Russians, presumed innocent, to compete on a case-by-case basis. They are known as "OARs" -- "Olympic Athletes from Russia". Some of them still don't know if they'll be allowed to participate yet or not.
Link?

Winter Olympic sports that would interest me and bring back memories.....

* Downhill cardboard racing.

* Downhill car hood racing.

* Downhill inner tube racing.

* Snowball fighting.

* Competitive snowman building.

Winter Olympic sports that would interest me and bring back memories.....

* Downhill cardboard racing.

* Downhill car hood racing.

* Downhill inner tube racing.

* Snowball fighting.

* Competitive snowman building.

You forgot snow football.

Reactions: JDHoss
In a similar vein for summer , why not golf with offense and defense? Defend the hole. Maybe with a timer.

Reactions: JDHoss
Besides march madness the winter Olympics are my favorite sporting event. The story lines are incredible and the sheer amount of pressure these athletes have on them is INSANE. Four years of hard work for just seconds to shine is crazy to me. So hell yes I'm watching.

Besides march madness the winter Olympics are my favorite sporting event. The story lines are incredible and the sheer amount of pressure these athletes have on them is INSANE. Four years of hard work for just seconds to shine is crazy to me. So hell yes I'm watching.

The thing I hate about the Olympics is that there are too many events that are judged and as we have seen in basketball and football, a judge (ref) can control the outcome unfairly. To much favoritism or lack of objectivity by some. Of course I still pull for us to win in the judged events.

I prefer the events that are just mano a mano. You are either the fastest, strongest, or most skilled or you don't win. Like hockey, speed skating, curling, the bobsled, and ski jumping for instance.

The thing I hate about the Olympics is that there are too many events that are judged and as we have seen in basketball and football, a judge (ref) can control the outcome unfairly. To much favoritism or lack of objectivity by some. Of course I still pull for us to win in the judged events.

I prefer the events that are just mano a mano. You are either the fastest, strongest, or most skilled or you don't win. Like hockey, speed skating, curling, the bobsled, and ski jumping for instance.

Ski jumping is judged on style points - style in the air, telemark landing, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT