ADVERTISEMENT

Will be fine with 1-1 next two games

Im not going to be 'fine' with any loss for the rest of the year, win these next 2 we are on the national radar for the rest of the season and at least have to be mentioned with having an outside chance of making the playoff - and that will be huge for the future of the program. And we arent dealing with any more injuries than most other teams at this point in the season, sucks losing 2 guys on the dline - but it isnt an excuse.

I’d be disappointed. The way Levis is starting to play, I think he has the talent to win us games just need the wideout group to play better. This defense will come out refreshed and ready to go. We aren’t going to face a front 7 like Georgia the rest of the way, this Oline better take that game personal

Would mean we likely finish 10-2. With all the injuries that is an absolutely amazing season. Forget all the negative posters saying we should or have to finish at 11-1.
I would imagine we’d all still be fine, but we are all hoping to get over the hump. This year is a perfect chance to do just that. Will it happen? Who knows. But it’s a great opportunity for it. I’m not conceding nothing yet. Still believe 11-1 is very possible.

I've never in my life seen as many people just concede and give up so easy,. What the heck man, If we lose a game, we lose a game, but I'll never in my life just give up and lose all hope before we even play the game. BBG, I don't know why you would call someone negative for believing in their coach and team. Anyway, Have Some Faith and get behind this Big Blue Train, there's plenty room and we will welcome you with open arms. Go Cats,. Cats- 34 BDogs- 24

Would mean we likely finish 10-2. With all the injuries that is an absolutely amazing season. Forget all the negative posters saying we should or have to finish at 11-1.

FragrantIdealConure-size_restricted.gif

I've never in my life seen as many people just concede and give up so easy,. What the heck man, If we lose a game, we lose a game, but I'll never in my life just give up and lose all hope before we even play the game. BBG, I don't know why you would call someone negative for believing in their coach and team. Anyway, Have Some Faith and get behind this Big Blue Train, there's plenty room and we will welcome you with open arms. Go Cats,. Cats- 34 BDogs- 24
Just being realistic. UT looks like a better team at the moment. Hopefully we can pull it out since it is at home. Miss. St will be tough at their place. Just research our past games there. Get a grip people. 10-2 is an amazing season. You all wanting 11-1 and want be satisfied with anything less are whats wrong with today's world. Instant gratification or else. Bitch and moan until they replace Stoops. Go back and look at your preseason predictions and then step back from the ledge.

If UK played its last five games 100 times, how many times do you think UK would go 5-0?

At Miss St is usually a tricky game for everyone not named Alabama the last 15 years. It's a tough environment. Tennessee is a rival that's competed hard against two of the four best teams in the SEC the last two weeks. Now they get a bye week to heal up before making the trip to Lexington.

The Cards are improving a bit and it's a rivalry game on the road. Average teams beat their better rival at home regularly enough. Throw in some bad turnovers, the average team punches above their weight for a 4th quarter, etc.

10-2 would be an incredible season in the SEC for anyone not named Alabama, Georgia, or Florida in the last 20 years. And even UGA or Florida would probably call 10-2 a "great" season if not necessarily "incredible". Going 10-2 in the SEC with UK's four year recruiting class average would be a f@cking masterpiece.

Last edited:
There's no one on the remaining schedule that can beat UK IF UK shows up focused and motivated. Should UK not be focused and motivated they could lose a game or two. As long as UK doesn't beat themselves with self-inflicted mistakes they'll be OK. 11-1 is there for the taking but they're going to have to take it, nobody will give it to them.

Just being realistic. UT looks like a better team at the moment. Hopefully we can pull it out since it is at home. Miss. St will be tough at their place. Just research our past games there. Get a grip people. 10-2 is an amazing season. You all wanting 11-1 and want be satisfied with anything less are whats wrong with today's world. Instant gratification or else. Bitch and moan until they replace Stoops. Go back and look at your preseason predictions and then step back from the ledge.
Exactly how does UT look better than UK??

Sadly I’m afraid the mindset of being “fine” with a loss to an unranked, inferior team is prevalent among our fanbase. What a shame. I have a feeling these are the same people who are “fine” with a 6 win season as well

Georgia's schedule is a joke after Florida. 38% seems low.

It's because the odds for each game are cumulative if you're trying to get the same outcome (a win) every time. Here's the formula: https://math.stackexchange.com/ques...e-cumulative-probability-for-dependent-events

Here's my guess:

.65 (65% chance to beat Florida) x .90 (90% chance to beat Mizzou) x .75 (75% chance to beat UT) x .99 (99% chance to beat Charleston) x .8 (80% chance to beat Georgia Tech) comes out to a total probability of winning the last five games as 35%.

Now do the same with UK's probabilities for each game and you get a low probability for 11-1.

Last edited:
I don't know about you but I want us to be in the playoff discussion and if Georgia beats Bama in the SECCG, we'll definitely have a shot at getting in if we're 11-1

Reactions: catben and JASUN74
I don't know about you but I want us to be in the playoff discussion and if Georgia beats Bama in the SECCG, we'll definitely have a shot at getting in if we're 11-1

I think OP wants that too. It's about likelihood not about what he/we want necessarily

It's because the odds for each game are cumulative if you're trying to get the same outcome (a win) every time. Here's the formula: https://math.stackexchange.com/ques...e-cumulative-probability-for-dependent-events

Here's my guess:

.65 (65% chance to beat Florida) x .90 (90% chance to beat Mizzou) x .75 (75% chance to beat UT) x .99 (99% chance to beat Charleston) x .8 (80% chance to beat Georgia Tech) comes out to a total probability of winning the last five games as 35%.

Now do the same with UK's probabilities for each game and you get a low probability for 11-1.
Based on the current ESPN web site probabilities for each of our remaining games, we have a .465 x .514 x .943 x .99 x .525 = 11.7% chance of winning out and going 11-1.

Per only SP+, UK has 7% chance of going 11-1. I think it's closer to 20% personally. Here's that projection and those for other schools:

There's waaaay too many loser mentalities in this fanbase and on this board. Talking yourself into losses weeks before they could potentially happen is laughable

Reactions: RipThru and JASUN74
Lose to UT and a lot of air will come out of the season. It’s time to get over the hump and beat UF and UT in the same season. If we lost to msu and went 10-2 I could live with that. Anything else will be a missed opportunity. Or going 11-1 would be a massive miss

The same posters have been saying, “if we can go 1-1” for six weeks now lol. And every team has the same injuries. Those negative posters you’re referring to … they are you.

We rolled over Miss st last year. We will dial up the same game plan as last year. UT has a decent offense but no quality depth, we will wear them down. 11-1 is in sight, I can see it!!

Reactions: southindycat
Its right there for the taking...... In the fans mind. ... Reality is we haven't done that in forever. Get a grip.... If we end 10-2 it was an awesome season. Hope for at least 10-2 as we could end 9-3 or worst case 8-4. By any measure that can be presented it is an awesome season. Dont let the hyperbole fans persuade you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT