ADVERTISEMENT

Will be fine with 1-1 next two games

Its right there for the taking...... In the fans mind. ... Reality is we haven't done that in forever. Get a grip.... If we end 10-2 it was an awesome season. Hope for at least 10-2 as we could end 9-3 or worst case 8-4. By any measure that can be presented it is an awesome season. Dont let the hyperbole fans persuade you.
i would think most everyone that has posted in this thread would be happy with 10-2. the good part about being a fan and not a player is you can look ahead at what could be. 11-1 is absolutely right there for the taking, there is not one team left on our schedule we cannot win against. but yea 10-2 would be a great season

11-1 is the goal now and anything else is a disappointment. We are better than all the remaining teams so it will mean we lost to someone we shouldn't have. It doesn't mean I'll stop watching and that I won't have fond memories but if we want to keep this thing going on to better things you've got to.take advantage of what's given to you. I've been a fan for almost 45 years, I've seen a lot of heartbreak and bad football like a lot of you have but this "battered fan syndrome" is disappointing and a little sick. "I don't deserve 11-1, 10-2 would be nice, 9-3 is ok too and 8-4 would have been just what I wished for when the season started" Please Stop!

11-1 is the goal now and anything else is a disappointment. We are better than all the remaining teams so it will mean we lost to someone we shouldn't have. It doesn't mean I'll stop watching and that I won't have fond memories but if we want to keep this thing going on to better things you've got to.take advantage of what's given to you. I've been a fan for almost 45 years, I've seen a lot of heartbreak and bad football like a lot of you have but this "battered fan syndrome" is disappointing and a little sick. "I don't deserve 11-1, 10-2 would be nice, 9-3 is ok too and 8-4 would have been just what I wished for when the season started" Please Stop!
Great post. My dad took me to a game at old Stoll field back in the 1960’s. Been a huge cat football ( more so than basketball). fan over all these years. 11-1 is the goal and should be attainable!!

Just being realistic. UT looks like a better team at the moment. Hopefully we can pull it out since it is at home. Miss. St will be tough at their place. Just research our past games there. Get a grip people. 10-2 is an amazing season. You all wanting 11-1 and want be satisfied with anything less are whats wrong with today's world. Instant gratification or else. Bitch and moan until they replace Stoops. Go back and look at your preseason predictions and then step back from the ledge.
Drama queen much?

Reactions: TIE543
Its right there for the taking...... In the fans mind. ... Reality is we haven't done that in forever. Get a grip.... If we end 10-2 it was an awesome season. Hope for at least 10-2 as we could end 9-3 or worst case 8-4. By any measure that can be presented it is an awesome season. Dont let the hyperbole fans persuade you.
8-4 or 9-3 simply wouldn't be an "awesome" season after the way it started. That would pretty much mean the wheels fell off down the stretch

Just being realistic. UT looks like a better team at the moment. Hopefully we can pull it out since it is at home. Miss. St will be tough at their place. Just research our past games there. Get a grip people. 10-2 is an amazing season. You all wanting 11-1 and want be satisfied with anything less are whats wrong with today's world. Instant gratification or else. Bitch and moan until they replace Stoops. Go back and look at your preseason predictions and then step back from the ledge.
UT looks better than UK? What do you have in that smoke there?

Oh HELL NO ! You accept it if it happens but you NEVER say you are OK with it before the games are played.
You mean, it might be irrational to visit a steakhouse, order a 28 oz Porterhouse, then tell them to feel free to drag out some Salisbury steak if it all seems too much to manage?

I'm not jumping off a bridge if we lose another game, but I see 11-1 as the result everyone should expect now.

Frankly, I'm not gonna be surprised if we give the orange a good thrashing in Lexington.

Last edited:
UT looks better than UK? What do you have in that smoke there?

They are not winning games, but clearly are a lot better than most on here thought they would be coming into the game in a week and a half. They did almost beat Ole Miss & played Bama close for 3 quarters but that is worth as much as UK playing UGA close for a half...absolutely nothing in the end game. They get a week to heal up while we play a tough game on the road at MSU so will be interesting. I still think we win both the next two games but splitting won't surprise me.

Reactions: satcheluk
Lose to UT and a lot of air will come out of the season. It’s time to get over the hump and beat UF and UT in the same season. If we lost to msu and went 10-2 I could live with that. Anything else will be a missed opportunity. Or going 11-1 would be a massive miss
I want to go 11-1, too. However, if I am forced to pick, please, please, please beat UT.

I just want to be 7-1.
100% agree. Now don't get me wrong, I want to be 7-1 because that gives us a much better shot at 11-1, which I totally think we can accomplish, but right now the goal is definitely 7-1. But I'm not gonna lie, I want 11-1 so badly I can taste it. Anything less than that, AT THIS POINT, IMO, is a bit of a letdown. It would still be a fantastic season (unless we go 8-4...that would be a meltdown we haven't seen since 2007 or so) but as high as we felt with 9-3 and eventually 10-3...we can top that. We CAN top that. And we SHOULD top that. Hell, let NEXT season be a disappointment. I want to win as many as we can now. If that makes me a microwave fan, then so be it. I have followed this team for most of my adult life thick and thin. :)

It's because the odds for each game are cumulative if you're trying to get the same outcome (a win) every time. Here's the formula: https://math.stackexchange.com/ques...e-cumulative-probability-for-dependent-events

Here's my guess:

.65 (65% chance to beat Florida) x .90 (90% chance to beat Mizzou) x .75 (75% chance to beat UT) x .99 (99% chance to beat Charleston) x .8 (80% chance to beat Georgia Tech) comes out to a total probability of winning the last five games as 35%.

Now do the same with UK's probabilities for each game and you get a low probability for 11-1.
UK's remaining schedule
MSU 55% (goes against the underdog mentioned earlier, but I'm optimistic)
UT 50% (?)
VU 90%
NMSt 90%
UL 75%
If these were accurate, then 16.7% chance of winning out.

ESPN has UK at 46.5%, 51.4%, 94.3%, 99.0%, 52.5% or 11.7%. FWIW

They are not winning games, but clearly are a lot better than most on here thought they would be coming into the game in a week and a half. They did almost beat Ole Miss & played Bama close for 3 quarters but that is worth as much as UK playing UGA close for a half...absolutely nothing in the end game. They get a week to heal up while we play a tough game on the road at MSU so will be interesting. I still think we win both the next two games but splitting won't surprise me.
They are about what many football analysts expected. Fun and gun offense that can score a lot of points against bad teams and no defense. They have no depth and that will likely get worse over time, but they have good to great starters on offense and a few on defense that can keep them close until they run out of gas. we will grind them down until they run out of gas and we have a small chance of losing unless we turn the ball over. Anything can happen in any game, of course, but this is a 75% chance win, IMO. UT is MSU lite on offense without the stout defense, plus at home. the MSU game is much more worrisome, IMO.

Me X100

That being said, a 6-2 SEC record is what I am really really excited about, would be our best conference record and overall finish since 1977
That's why I think this week is such a big game. I believe we can get UT at home(if they don't throw too crap at us) The pun was completely intended. So this week is a big step in defining the season. It has been a great ride so far and "we might be just getting started bro"

Reactions: Backer cutter
That's why I think this week is such a big game. I believe we can get UT at home(if they don't throw too crap at us) The pun was completely intended. So this week is a big step in defining the season. It has been a great ride so far and "we might be just getting started bro"
It’s a huge game. Will say a lot about how far we have come as a program. Not saying it’s make or break, it isn’t by a long shot. But it’s a defining moment for sure. I like our chances, and If we win, the UT game buildup is gonna be fun.

I won't be 'fine' while it's happening or during the rest of the season, but down the road I would look back and say 'man, that 11-2 season was special'. Of course then I would gnash my teeth complaining that we should have beaten MSU and/or TN.
11-1/12-1 can be a permanent (or semi-permanent) game-changer. Top 10 classes, competing for the east annually. Man, I want it!

Reactions: Backer cutter
Yes, cumulative probability is pretty sobering. I happen to think we have a 60-65% at MSU, 60% vs UT, and 65% at UL ...with high 90's against NMSU and VU. That basically gets us around a 24% shot to win out.

The good news is Levis is getting better and our team is trending the right way. I think we're still being penalized statistically for the UTC game, and the fumble a thons against Mizzou and SC.

Yes, cumulative probability is pretty sobering. I happen to think we have a 60-65% at MSU, 60% vs UT, and 65% at UL ...with high 90's against NMSU and VU. That basically gets us around a 24% shot to win out.

The good news is Levis is getting better and our team is trending the right way. I think we're still being penalized statistically for the UTC game, and the fumble a thons against Mizzou and SC.

24% is just 3-1. Honestly, if you were to ask for a parlay at Vegas, UK winning out would have to be at least 7 or 8 to 1 to get me interested in betting (NMSU is 100%, Vandy is probably 90%, but think MSU and UT at 65% is too high, maybe UL at 65% about right)

Reactions: JasonRDunn

I was told when I bought my subscription that there would be no math...;)

Would mean we likely finish 10-2. With all the injuries that is an absolutely amazing season. Forget all the negative posters saying we should or have to finish at 11-1.
Naw man. Just naw. 5-0 from here on out. Think like a champion.

Because if any team left is even 15% less good on defense than Georgia, we're winning out. Sorry, some of us have waited too long to be this good to concede before the games even kickoff.

Last edited:
The MSU game is the one that gives me the heebie-jeebies. Away game going against a team that wants to make some kind of statement.
Is the heebie-jeebies comparable to the willies? I’ve had the willies, many times. Just want to be prepared. TP, CU. Etc. TIA.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
I keep reading about how we never go into State and win.

This team is not like all of those other UK teams.

And the 2020 Cats beat the tar out of Miss St.
“Beat the tar”…wait a sec…..sounds like your subliminally promoting Stoop’s Bourbon…Old William Tarr…I’ve got a bottle of the 12 year old on the shelf waiting to crack open when we beat the Dogs and the Vols

Reactions: Bank Cat

Tennessee are 4-4, and you think they are better than us?

Last edited:
Just win the games we're suppose to win, last time I checked that's all the rest of them. For the season we are +1.
Any game we don't win when we are favored is a disappointment.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT