ADVERTISEMENT

Why do people with kids pay less taxes?

Just to jump in to my original point. 2 people make the exact same money in a year with the exact other deductions. The one with kids pays less when since they have more people in the system, they should pay more.

As far as whether the government should be giving incentives to people to have kids I don't know what to say except that I strongly, strongly, strongly disagree.
The ones with kids more than likely created future tax payers for the system.

The additional resources the family will use is likely only public school…but in a place like Jeff Co, this public school system is 18,000 jobs, 5% of them being 6 figs…which again is likely decent for the community.

a minivan with 6 passengers is putting the same amount of strain on the road system as a car of two. Most children under 12 aren’t adding any strain to the system. When they hit 13 - they provide cheap labor.

all in all - probably more than worth it for everyone (parents and non) that there is a tax break.

There is a lot screwed up with our tax system. It's unethical in so many ways. Why do we incentivize people to have kids, why do we incentivize people to buy homes, are just 2 of them.

A much better way for generating operating revenue is to get rid of the income tax, and replace it with The Fair Tax (not to be confused with a flat tax).

But to the original question, the reason is the correct assumption that a larger family costs more for basic necessities, which is the whole concept of those deductions.

Note that those who complain about other’s tax breaks don’t tell us what deductions they claim.
Yup how many use medical expenses and charity contributions to itemize - I bet Glenn just runs thru turbo tax and doesn’t take any deductions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT