ADVERTISEMENT

Who Thinks We Can Beat Duke In Basketball and Why

Let’s first say I have no idea but have hopes on the system, but we are relying on average players to make it through an entire season. Cautiously optimistic of 21 wins. Some upsets, some disappointments for a year or two is my guess.
"Average players" don't average double digit scoring over 30 to 40 games, not even at a mid major.

We have 10 good players. No great players. Maybe 2 average players.

Put one good defender on Flagg, if he gets 30 so be it, keep everyone else sub par and you have a great chance to win…. And we’re Kentucky we can beat anyone, anywhere, anytime!
100%. We have the experience, size and shooting to beat anyone. They will have a hard time with Butler in my opinion. I agree we have lots of new faces but so does Duke. If we shoot a high % from three and contain Flagg we will win. 🏆

Reactions: cat tat2
You just named 3 players from the 1990s, when college basketball was drastically different. Basketball is a team sport, but individual players can take over games and win them. Duke will have the 2 best players on the floor in this game. Duke will win this game, like they have when they have the best player on the floor. Kentucky will be fine, but this will be dukes game.

You’re stuck in the Cal fog.

Cal had the 2 best players on the floor against Kansas last year. Where did that get us?

Reactions: cat tat2
You’re stuck in the Cal fog.

Cal had the 2 best players on the floor against Kansas last year. Where did that get us?
No, I’m glad cal is gone, I’m on board with pipe. Cooper Flagg is a Zion. AD, level prospect, he will be the best player in college ball next year, and Kentucky nobody to guard him. Duke will win by 6-12 points.

"Average players" don't average double digit scoring over 30 to 40 games, not even at a mid major.

We have 10 good players. No great players. Maybe 2 average players.
We shall see. If you listened to Tom leach this morning they talked about only one team with more than 6 transfers have done any good.

We shall see. If you listened to Tom leach this morning they talked about only one team with more than 6 transfers have done any good.
Yes, but how many teams had to literally add 12 new players?

UK is in a very unique position. We lost our ENTIRE roster. Did Leach mention that in all of his analysis? How many teams have added 12 guys simultaneously; and further than that, how many of them have been on the same level of quality as this UK roster?

It's probably not wise for people like Leach (or you) to try to make an argument that is based off a incongruent comparison where the comparable sample size is null.

But you like that. You loved you some Calipari, and you've been nothing but dismissive since Pope has been here.

That's kind of weird, wouldn't you say?

I think he is, if he isn’t he is as close as you can get to that.
He did not look better than any other top 20 FR player during the McD-week.
But ok.

I also recall many on this board believing Boston was going to be an elite guy, maybe our best since Towns. 😂
I correctly predicted him to be a bust.
Not saying I think Flagg will bust. No , I think he will be good, contender for ACC POY, maybe 2nd-3rd team AA. But not Zion or AD level.

Doesn’t Duke only return 2 players.
I’ll take good 4th-5th year players over non-elite FR every day; and those vets will learn new system faster than FR. Now Flagg is elite. Not so sure about the other guy.

He did not look better than any other top 20 FR player during the McD-week.
But ok.

I also recall many on this board believing Boston was going to be an elite guy, maybe our best since Towns. 😂
I correctly predicted him to be a bust.
Not saying I think Flagg will bust. No , I think he will be good, contender for ACC POY, maybe 2nd-3rd team AA. But not Zion or AD level.
A exhibition where they dunk and shoot 3s all day is not a way of determining how good he is. Flagg went against the USA team for the Olympic squad and got a lot of good press. I hate Duke like everybody else here, but Duke has a superstar and a really good team, and that matchup early does not favor UK

Yes, but how many teams had to literally add 12 new players?

UK is in a very unique position. We lost our ENTIRE roster. Did Leach mention that in all of his analysis? How many teams have added 12 guys simultaneously; and further than that, how many of them have been on the same level of quality as this UK roster?

It's probably not wise for people like Leach (or you) to try to make an argument that is based off a incongruent comparison where the comparable sample size is null.

But you like that. You loved you some Calipari, and you've been nothing but dismissive since Pope has been here.

That's kind of weird, wouldn't you say?
I get what both of you are saying, Kentucky is most likely somewhere in the midddle. Not really challenging for anything, but a really fun team that shows growth and sets up pope for years 2 and 3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT