ADVERTISEMENT

Who thinks we are going to surprise this year??

JohnnyGreen1975

Blue Chip Prospect
Feb 6, 2011
Ashland, KY
Folks seem so down on recruiting and losing to Duke. I think we are going to surprise this year. Cal is not nearly as lost as some would think. He doesn’t need Top 5 classes to win a championship here.

Surprise? We were the #2 preseason team, for God's sake, not some pesky underdog. Cal doesn't get Top 5 classes, he gets Top 2 classes. Recruting is not the big problem right now, it's the coaching and player development

I think we've already surprised but not in a good way.

But hey the Cats are young and it's a process. No one really knows what will happen but once again when the games start the pre-season hype gets put into its proper place. That is, it really means nothing.

There's a game today. We can look forward to that while we're honing our debate skills.

Just going to take time..

Just a lot of posters (fans) that don't like to wait.

Last edited:
Seth said Auburn will win the SEC. Jay says "Over Tennessee?" lololol

I like being under the radar with a senior AA candidate.

This team will be just fine. They have all the components needed to win the NC. Just have to buy in and play together. March is a long ways off, that’s the only thing that matters.

Surprise what??? Preseason number 2 with number 2 recruiting class. Surprises is not the word you should be looking for

Surprise? We were the #2 preseason team, for God's sake, not some pesky underdog. Cal doesn't get Top 5 classes, he gets Top 2 classes. Recruting is not the big problem right now, it's the coaching and player development

Or letting Duke take all of the top 5 dudes.

Surprise what??? Preseason number 2 with number 2 recruiting class. Surprises is not the word you should be looking for

I agree that we were expected to be really good. But, now people are saying we will be in the middle of the pack of the SEC which is ridiculous.

Cal is terrific at developing individual players.
When they are in over there heads at points in the season, he is failing to adapt.
The tweak has only worked once....

Reactions: CROCAT

Yep, Cal's a garbage coach for not getting Freshman that have never played a single college game to play like all stars right out of the gate. Stick to your night job.

I’m surprised a team which was thought to be a title contender barely beats mid majors by double digits at home. We have 9 road games in the SEC which is probably at its strongest ever. Look up Cal’s record on the road there. It’s going to be ugly this year.

Reactions: CROCAT
I’m surprised a team which was thought to be a title contender barely beats mid majors by double digits at home. We have 9 road games in the SEC which is probably at its strongest ever. Look up Cal’s record on the road there. It’s going to be ugly this year.

You could say we barely beat SIU (though we stretched it out at the end). Don’t think that applies to the last three games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT