ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky- will we be in danger of missing tournament?

The way UK is has played their last 3 games it looks like they will hard pressed to win their remaining games, especially against Bama, Auburn, UT (at Knoxville), and Vandy.
I thought teams were supposed to get better as the season wore along, but not UK under Calipari.

The way UK is has played their last 3 games it looks like they will hard pressed to win their remaining games, especially against Bama, Auburn, UT (at Knoxville), and Vandy.
I thought teams were supposed to get better as the season wore along, but not UK under Calipari.

Vandy is UL level bad.

Not sure why you would lump them in with those other great teams. They have 6 wins.

At this point I have concerns about us winning at home vs. Ole Miss and Bama.

I would be shocked if we win at Tennessee. Surprised if we win at Auburn or MSU.

At LSU I think we will get, but it’s no gimme. Kind of feel the same about home vs. Gonzaga.

If we somehow finished 7-3, I would consider that a good result based on our recent play. 3-7 isn’t out of the question.

Gonzaga can beat us. Ole Miss will kill us under the basket, any game at LSU won’t be easy

I would be shocked if we win at Tennessee. Surprised if we win at Auburn or MSU.

At LSU I think we will get, but it’s no gimme. Kind of feel the same about home vs. Gonzaga.

If we somehow finished 7-3, I would consider that a good result based on our recent play. 3-7 isn’t out of the question.
this 100% 3-7 isn’t out of the question

Reactions: catzcan and Aike

So how bad for us to miss tournament?

I think we make it, but will get a low seed with not much chance to go far.

So how bad for us to miss tournament?
Hard to say exactly. We only have 2 Quad 1 wins. The teams that got in the First Four last year as 11 seeds had at least 4.

Gonzaga would be a Q1 game, but could easily slip to Q2.

What we need is to win games like at MSU, and steal a game like at Auburn. Or at least hold homecourt vs. Bama.

We are probably flirting closer to missing the tournament than some would like to believe, but winning cures that.

It would take a historic collapse to miss the tournament. That said, we're moving into the 8-9 seed and early exit territory.

They were bad last season and Beat UK 2 times. Cal’s boy is an assistant and the coach is a former NBA guy. Cal loves to take care of his buddies so I don’t trust him. B

They won 22 games and 11 sec games last year.

Not even close to bad like 6 wins level bad.

Hard to say exactly. We only have 2 Quad 1 wins. The teams that got in the First Four last year as 11 seeds had at least 4.

Gonzaga would be a Q1 game, but could easily slip to Q2.

What we need is to win games like at MSU, and steal a game like at Auburn. Or at least hold homecourt vs. Bama.

We are probably flirting closer to missing the tournament than some would like to believe, but winning cures that.
Good information here.
I hope we turn it around- can we get a full roster or are going to continually have “sick” guys on the bench

We need all guys- and those mentioned games are going to be tough but do think we can steal and hopefully be playing with momentum come mid march.

Reactions: Aike
Good information here.
I hope we turn it around- can we get a full roster or are going to continually have “sick” guys on the bench

We need all guys- and those mentioned games are going to be tough but do think we can steal and hopefully be playing with momentum come mid march.
Cal is coaching this team like we have a one seed wrapped up or like it like it doesn’t matter, like it’s fine to rest guys and everything will work out.

He has become so nonchalant through the years. It’s pathetic.

Schedule remaining
@ Vandy
Vs Gonzaga
Vs Ole Miss
@Auburn
@ LSU
Vs Alabama
@ Miss St
Vs Arkansas
Vs Vanderbilt
@ Tennessee
My go at it

@ Vandy W
Vs Gonzaga W
Vs Ole Miss W
@Auburn L
@ LSU L
Vs Alabama L
@ Miss St L
Vs Arkansas W
Vs Vanderbilt W
@ Tennessee L

We could win a couple of the Ls but we could also lose a couple of the Ws. Man how this season has turned.

Cal is coaching this team like we have a one seed wrapped up or like it like it doesn’t matter, like it’s fine to rest guys and everything will work out.

He has become so nonchalant through the years. It’s pathetic.
He’s lost that edge and fire. You can see it. Sure he wants to win but the want doesn’t match the fire.

Vandy and Arkansas are not capable of beating us. That’s three wins right there. Ole Miss, LSU, and Miss St will not beat us. That’s six wins. We are capable of winning one of the Auburn, Alabama, and Tennessee games. That would be 7/2 giving us a record of 12/6 which will put us in a position for a first round bye (even though JC doesn’t care about SEC tour7.

He’s lost that edge and fire. You can see it. Sure he wants to win but the want doesn’t match the fire.
Does it seem at all curious that back when we were basically running 6-7 deep, like in ‘11, ‘12, and ‘14, that we basically stayed healthy all year?

But with all of this depth, no one can ever seem to be healthy at the same time?

I think it’s just Cal’s version of load management, catering to the NBA crowd. It really doesn’t work in a short season with a whole new team.

These guys need repetition together. We are at the point of just hoping we get hot or lucky every March.

Vandy and Arkansas are not capable of beating us. That’s three wins right there. Ole Miss, LSU, and Miss St will not beat us. That’s six wins. We are capable of winning one of the Auburn, Alabama, and Tennessee games. That would be 7/2 giving us a record of 12/6 which will put us in a position for a first round bye (even though JC doesn’t care about SEC tour7.
Imo that’s best case. Worst case is dire. Truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

Does it seem at all curious that back when we were basically running 6-7 deep, like in ‘11, ‘12, and ‘14, that we basically stayed healthy all year?

But with all of this depth, no one can ever seem to be healthy at the same time?

I think it’s just Cal’s version of load management, catering to the NBA crowd. It really doesn’t work in a short season with a whole new team.

These guys need repetition together. We are at the point of just hoping we get hot or lucky every March.
He’s lost all feel on managing a team. The rotations. Crazy substituting.

Reactions: blubo and Aike

What the heck makes you think we can't lose to msu or lsu on the road?

Or lose to ole miss?

Reactions: Samurai Cat
We also play Gonzaga at home. Should be a win. Just like Florida should have been a win.

I appreciate the optimism that Ole Miss, LSU, Mississippi St won’t beat us. I will be fairly surprised if we win all three. Ole Miss is decent and better coached than us. The other two are on the road.

Reactions: blubo and jedwar
I have zero confidence in LSU, not withstanding the beating of A&M, who are also bottom feeders this year ( I know - I remember they beat us this year). MSU does not have the firepower to hang with us. Ole Miss imho is on a downward trajectory- they’ve shot their wad.

At what point should we be worried - genuinely curious- what games can we not lose? How many losses can we afford?

That North Carolina win doesn’t even seem like this year- but glad we have it on the resume.

Need to get Zags- because they too are down.
Zags have good fast guards and a good big man. We could lose 3 games in a row at Rupp. Another Cal personal record

My go at it

@ Vandy W
Vs Gonzaga W
Vs Ole Miss W
@Auburn L
@ LSU L
Vs Alabama L
@ Miss St L
Vs Arkansas W
Vs Vanderbilt W
@ Tennessee L

We could win a couple of the Ls but we could also lose a couple of the Ws. Man how this season has turned.
4 in a row kentucky would be doomed

we're in danger of missing the second weekend of the tournament

which is just as bad

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT