ADVERTISEMENT

who sold their 2012 championship ring?

So you don't know how much Hood got for the ring, what the market value is for a bench players championship ring, but we're gonna stick with twice as much? Cool.

Yes, because it is consistent with what every adult human being posting in this thread knows about pawn shops besides you.

You're also the only one taking it literally. If he sold it for $500, we don't mean we know it is literally worth exactly $1,000.

Yes, people have different value and belief systems. We're aware. But that's a useless standard of philosophy to apply to every mundane discussion topic or nothing would ever be worthy of talking about.

No one is threatening to savagely attack Jon Hood. Everyone but you just finds it odd, knowing the reasons people typically sell things at pawn shops, and believes he could have sold it for more than what he likely received, again based on repeated human experiences at pawn shops by a large sampling of individuals in a wide range of locations over an extended period of time.

Yes, because it is consistent with what every adult human being posting in this thread knows about pawn shops besides you.

You're also the only one taking it literally. If he sold it for $500, we don't mean we know it is literally worth exactly $1,000.

Yes, people have different value and belief systems. We're aware. But that's a useless standard of philosophy to apply to every mundane discussion topic or nothing would ever be worthy of talking about.

No one is threatening to savagely attack Jon Hood. Everyone but you just finds it odd, knowing the reasons people typically sell things at pawn shops, and believes he could have sold it for more than what he likely received, again based on repeated human experiences at pawn shops by a large sampling of individuals in a wide range of locations over an extended period of time.
I'm not taking anything literally, I have no idea what he sold the ring for and neither do you or any of the other people bashing him while claiming to be pawn shop experts. You can say what he likely recieved but if I asked what that was you wouldnt answer. I don't know what the market value for such an item is but I do know that McCarty's rings went for $5,000 and sub $5,000 and he was much more popular than Hood. You can use all the exaggerations you want, but you're portraying yourself as an expert while not being able to answer simple questions.

Y'all hate on and tear down half the players, how on earth would this be true? Sheray Thomas pays for every beer he drinks in this state.

The only people who that applies to are UK legends.

I was actually asking a legit question. I've always thought former UK players getting taken care of around the state once their playing days were over was a real thing. Not just the legends. My mistake it seems.

I was at Griffin Gate Marriott this weekend for a golf outing.... saw that a pretty big wedding reception Saturday evening was going on. Saw Hood in the lobby on Sunday. I'm guessing that wedding was probably pretty expensive, probably the honeymoon too, but if it was me, I don't think I could ever sell my ring.

Money "needs" makes one do some strange things. If "love" gets involved in the equation, even more so. It is the American way.

OT: When I see an expensive wedding, I wonder, if this ends in divorce, how much it will cost?

Money "needs" makes one do some strange things. If "love" gets involved in the equation, even more so. It is the American way.
that little bit he got from the pawn shop...money was not the complete and motivation..JMO...Now, if he would have scored 5,000.00 himself; maybe

Championship rings are sold all the time, in all sports. You can find them all over eBay and in sports auctions. Sometimes money is more important then the momento.

Championship rings are sold all the time, in all sports. You can find them all over eBay and in sports auctions. Sometimes money is more important then the momento.

Agree and analyzing why John dam Hood was selling his ring seems a bit much, lol. TMZ gossip.

The real question would be why Wall would have a championship ring to start with.
He would have to buy one on ebay. He could submit the highest bid ever for a NC ring. I don't feel he would ever do that unless it was to give back the ring to the original player.

Last edited:
SUre I'm not the first person to say this.. but I can't imagine some ultra rich Kentucky fan wouldn't shell out $25k for that. And if it didn't have Hood's name on it, making it the exact same ring as everyone else's, maybe more.

People buy signed memorabilia, for thousands. This is a ring that only a few dozen or so exist.. It's the one and only chance someone has to have a Kentucky Championship ring in their possession. Has to be worth well over $5k to certain people.

About the 96 title ring, it didn't go for more because I believe it was an honorary ring, not an actual championship ring from 1996? Isn't this accurate?

When you're dealing with memorabilia the details are really, really important. Something that would seem meaningless to a non collector could mean everything and thousands of dollars to a real collector.

Also the rings from the 90's aren't like the rings of today. One look at a 1990 championship ring vs. a 2012 championship ring will visibly show what I mean. It's not even close. Again, it's about the details.

I own several Kentucky bowl rings from the music city and liberty bowls. They lost money for sure.

He might need money to pay for a wedding.....or stole a baby and needed diaper money.
giphy.gif

The main reason I asked the question was to find out who. After that I was surprised a home grown KY kid that was fortunate enough to win a title would sell it. After seeing that he had two though it makes sense if he did it to get his wedding rings for his wife. I'm sure the U.K. One is way more valuable than the cheaper NCAA one as well.

SUre I'm not the first person to say this.. but I can't imagine some ultra rich Kentucky fan wouldn't shell out $25k for that. And if it didn't have Hood's name on it, making it the exact same ring as everyone else's, maybe more.

People buy signed memorabilia, for thousands. This is a ring that only a few dozen or so exist.. It's the one and only chance someone has to have a Kentucky Championship ring in their possession. Has to be worth well over $5k to certain people.

Ultra rich UK fans are typically big donors and big donors get rings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT