ADVERTISEMENT

who sold their 2012 championship ring?

Fox2monk

All-American
Jan 23, 2017
Louisville, KY
Just seen where a unnamed player sold their ring to a pawn shop and it went for 5k on Ebay. I'd never let that go if I was a player and I would love to own it however. Anyone know who it was? The seller said they had proof it came from the player in question, but would only reveal it in private messaging and not publicly.

Can't believe it went that low. Their first mistake was selling it to pawn and then ebay. That's not how you market an item like that. Whoever did it is an amatuer in the memorabilia arena.

I would have paid more for it, and I know many more who would have.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: DanHalen88
No way it was one of the Kentucky boys who bleed blue and know what it means to wear the jersey and would crawl over glass to play here.

Probably one of those one and done mercenaries who don't care about the school or their teammates or fans and just want to get to the NBA as soon as possible.

Yeah they said hood sold his final four rings as well. They only cost at most 415 dollars apparently because the NCAA set a max at that for ring cost.

I could easily see them fetch 5k though and it went thru auction on Ebay so I bet the pawn broker made 40 times what he paid for it.

Can't believe it went that low. Their first mistake was selling it to pawn and then ebay. That's not how you market an item like that. Whoever did it is an amatuer in the memorabilia arena.

Agreed. If I would have known about it being for sale, I probably would have bid twice that amount if necessary to get the ring.

No way it was one of the Kentucky boys who bleed blue and know what it means to wear the jersey and would crawl over glass to play here.

Probably one of those one and done mercenaries who don't care about the school or their teammates or fans and just want to get to the NBA as soon as possible.
:pimp:

Dk why of all places Jon hood would sell it to a pawn shop

Reactions: morgousky

Prolly that scrub Davis.

I think you can rule out all the ones that made it to the NBA. That sort of money isn't even pocket change to them.

I think you can also rule out of the Kentucky boys because you would think they would know they could much more for it by selling it to a fan.

Teague, Lamb, or Vargas jump to mind.

Other than arguably the ones from in state, these players don't view UK the way we do, and thus don't value these the way we do. They're also all very young and don't understand sentimental value the way older people do. That or this generation as a whole views money > memories which would bring the Kentucky boys back into the pool of suspects.

Any leads?

Reactions: bippus
I think you can rule out all the ones that made it to the NBA. That sort of money isn't even pocket change to them.

I think you can also rule out of the Kentucky boys because you would think they would know they could much more for it by selling it to a fan.

Teague, Lamb, or Vargas jump to mind.

Other than arguably the ones from in state, these players don't view UK the way we do, and thus don't value these the way we do. They're also all very young and don't understand sentimental value the way older people do. That or this generation as a whole views money > memories which would bring the Kentucky boys back into the pool of suspects.

Any leads?

It was jon hood.

Good grief people!

Quit guessing...no joke IT WAS JON HOOD! It was confirmed!

Posting because I think some posters think we're joking....we are not

Nothing is confirmed until a verifiable source/link is provided.

If it were Hood I'd be disappointed as he was a Kentucky boy, oft injured, but a fan favorite nonetheless.
But you never know what is in ones mind, nor the reason for such a decision. May have been a desperate move. Unless someone knows, nobody knows why.

Wow, really shocked to see a bluegrass boy do that. Really disappointing. But I bet it wasn't easy for him and he was just in a rough spot. He's gotta do what he's gotta do, but I bet he'll always regret it.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
ADVERTISEMENT