ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s on KY short list of Stoops leaves?

Mike Leach. Mike Tomlin, Liam Cohen, Ed Orgeron, Clemson DC, Briles kid, his offense is lighting it up this year, hell Art Briles. He would shake it up in the East for sure..

Kerry Coombs? You want the DC thats so bad that Ryan Day took away defensive play calling from him earlier this year and gave it to the Secondary coach for the remainder of the season?

The first part of your post makes sense. That guy is Matt Campbell. From Massillon, OH and coached for 12 seasons in Ohio, including an impressive stint as the HC at Toledo before going to Iowa State. Took Iowa State to the Fiesta Bowl last year.
I didn't know that when I was googling him lol. I figured that out this morning.

The original point is really what I was making, he was just my first example.

Reactions: bthaunert
Some of the names in this thread are seriously making me question the football IQ of this board.

Matt Campbell - Would not leave the safety of the Big Ten for what amounts to a lateral move. Not to mention his star has faded and they are back in irrelavancy.

Mike Houston - Hasn't accomplished anything of note and no ties to the area

Tom Herman - Can't even win at Texas

Jamey Chadwell - Not a bad hire but no ties to Ohio. And I sure hope we dont have to go back to relying on the south for recruits. Plus isn't there all sorts of rumors around Chadwell and his recruiting?

Jeff Traylor - Only there 2 seasons so still somewhat unproven plus no ties to Ohio.

Dave Dorean - Not a bad hire but why would he leave for a lateral job in a tougher conference?

Billy Napier - Turned down Miss. St, South Carolina, Auburn and has no ties to Ohio.

Bill Clark - No thanks

Mark Mangino - LOL

Mike Leach - Not coming here

Dan Mullen - Why?

Jeff Brohm - No thanks

Gene Chizik - No thanks

Bo Pelini - LOL

John Harbaugh - LOL

Jeff Monken
- One of the only good options in this thread. He's stated multiple times that he is not tied to the option offense and would hire an innovative OC. I'm not opposed to this hire, but he still lacks the Ohio ties.

Neal Brown
- Too late, he can't even get it done at WVU

Kerry Coombs - Too old

Matt Rhule - No

Kendall Briles - No Ohio ties, no head coach experience

Lane Kiffin - No way he would come here

Brett Belemia - No

Kevin Sumlin - lol no

Randy Sanders
- Gonna get offered a G5 job. Not a bad hire but no Ohio ties and if I'm not mistaken he went off on really bad terms with UK.

Dean Hood - 6-5 at Murray???? No thanks

Ed Orgeron - LOL

Venables - Woudln't come here

Art Briles - Say what???

• Haha
Reactions: BigTyrone and s-ram
Some of the names in this thread are seriously making me question the football IQ of this board.

Matt Campbell - Would not leave the safety of the Big Ten for what amounts to a lateral move. Not to mention his star has faded and they are back in irrelavancy.

Jamey Chadwell - Not a bad hire but no ties to Ohio. And I sure hope we dont have to go back to relying on the south for recruits. Plus isn't there all sorts of rumors around Chadwell and his recruiting?

Jeff Traylor - Only there 2 seasons so still somewhat unproven plus no ties to Ohio.

Dave Dorean - Not a bad hire but why would he leave for a lateral job in a tougher conference?

Billy Napier - Turned down Miss. St, South Carolina, Auburn and has no ties to Ohio.

Bill Clark - No thanks

Mark Mangino - LOL

Dan Mullen - Why?

Jeff Brohm - No thanks

Gene Chizik - No thanks

Bo Pelini - LOL

John Harbaugh - LOL

Jeff Monken - One of the only good options in this thread. He's stated multiple times that he is not tied to the option offense and would hire an innovative OC. I'm not opposed to this hire, but he still lacks the Ohio ties.

Neal Brown - Too late, he can't even get it done at WVU

Kerry Coombs - Too old

Matt Rhule - No

Brett Belemia - No

Kevin Sumlin - lol no

Randy Sanders - Gonna get offered a G5 job. Not a bad hire but no Ohio ties and if I'm not mistaken he went off on really bad terms with UK.

Ed Orgeron - LOL

Art Briles - Say what???

People will leave the Big 10 for the SEC. This conference is the big name in college football, and the recruiting will eventually reflect that. Our recruiting literally only picked up to where it's at because of it. Everyone else is just reacting to the SEC's moves.

Bill Clark - No thanks

Mark Mangino - LOL

Dan Mullen - Why?

Jeff Brohm - No thanks

Gene Chizik - No thanks

Bo Pelini - LOL

John Harbaugh - LOL

Jeff Monken - One of the only good options in this thread. He's stated multiple times that he is not tied to the option offense and would hire an innovative OC. I'm not opposed to this hire, but he still lacks the Ohio ties.

Kerry Coombs - Too old

Matt Rhule - No

Brett Belemia - No

Kevin Sumlin - lol no

Randy Sanders - Gonna get offered a G5 job. Not a bad hire but no Ohio ties and if I'm not mistaken he went off on really bad terms with UK.

Ed Orgeron - LOL

Art Briles - Say what???
How can you turn up your nose at Matt Rhule and Jeff Brohm but say Sanders would be “not a bad hire”? Or are your nos not just a consistent “no way”?

How can you turn up your nose at Matt Rhule and Jeff Brohm but say Sanders would be “not a bad hire”? Or are your nos not just a consistent “no way”?
That was a sort of bizarre post from him, anyway. He had previously listed Napier himself in this very thread. Also have no idea why he is dismissive of Bill Clark, who was reportedly offered by Auburn last year, and only turned it down because he wasn't going to be given full control of hiring staff or something like that.

Bill Clark - No thanks

Mark Mangino - LOL

Dan Mullen - Why?

Jeff Brohm - No thanks

Gene Chizik - No thanks

Bo Pelini - LOL

John Harbaugh - LOL

Kerry Coombs - Too old

Matt Rhule - No

Brett Belemia - No

Kevin Sumlin - lol no

Ed Orgeron - LOL

Art Briles - Say what???
Matt Campbell is in the Big12, not the Big10. The 10 years (3 coaches) prior to Campbell, ISU won 4, 3, 2, 7, 5, 6, 6, 3, 2 and 3 games. Campbell took over a program that won 8 games in 3 years and has 8, 8, 7, 9 and a possibility of 8 wins again this year in his 2nd - 6th seasons. He makes $4 million a year. Would he come here? No clue. But it’s not that crazy of a notion.

I had to laugh at you being good with Randy Sanders but downplaying guys like Campbell and Rhule.

I said that about Rhule meaning he won't come to UK. Brohm sucks and done hit his apex.

Matt Campbell is in the Big12, not the Big10. The 10 years (3 coaches) prior to Campbell, ISU won 4, 3, 2, 7, 5, 6, 6, 3, 2 and 3 games. Campbell took over a program that won 8 games in 3 years and has 8, 8, 7, 9 and a possibility of 8 wins again this year in his 2nd - 6th seasons. He makes $4 million a year. Would he come here? No clue. But it’s not that crazy of a notion.

I had to laugh at you being good with Randy Sanders but downplaying guys like Campbell and Rhule.
Campbell has done nothing remarkable outside the one covid season that can be written off as a fluke.

That was a sort of bizarre post from him, anyway. He had previously listed Napier himself in this very thread. Also have no idea why he is dismissive of Bill Clark, who was reportedly offered by Auburn last year, and only turned it down because he wasn't going to be given full control of hiring staff or something like that.
Yes I did list Napier. But what I meant was he is not going to say yes to UK after turning down Auburn/Miss. St./SCar

Bill Clark has also passed his apex. Why would we splurge on a coach on the downtrend? His window of opportunity was in 2018. He's slowly went down hill since. Not to mention no ties to the area.

I have a friend that has some connections with the UK staff and he just told me Stoops is taking another job. They wouldn’t elaborate on what job but with the timing of things I would guess either LSU or Florida. This next hire is going to be very important.

Campbell has done nothing remarkable outside the one covid season that can be written off as a fluke.
He took Iowa State to the next step just like Stoops has done at UK. They were trash when he arrived and he has them at a very respectable program…sound familiar! Plus, he is born, raised and coached in Ohio. I just think of the guys that we might be able to get (I think Stoops stays regardless), he should be near the top.

Reactions: THE_OAK
I have a friend that has some connections with the UK staff and he just told me Stoops is taking another job. They wouldn’t elaborate on what job but with the timing of things I would guess either LSU or Florida. This next hire is going to be very important.
I always love these type of posts. A “friend with some connections” has been told that Stoops is leaving. Got it!

I always love these type of posts. A “friend with some connections” has been told that Stoops is leaving. Got it!

I too am usually dubious of these types of posts, but my friend sent me a screen shot of the conversation with the person who is on the staff.

If true and he does leave Barney needs to make the right hire. KY is in position to go get a lot of quality HCs

Reactions: kywildcat41086

Lexington is a lot closer to Ohio than Ames, Iowa. A lot prettier, too.

Reactions: THE_OAK
Big Wittingham fan…but he’s not going anywhere. Been on the staff at Utah for over 25 years and the HC for 16. He will retire there.
He was Myers DC 10 years and took over when he went to Florida. Offer Fickell he says no get Hermon.

I’m sorely tempted to give Coen a shot if it came to it. The stuff JROW has posted with the reviews he’s gotten from QB gurus and the offense this year… but I don’t think he’d be in it for the long haul.

I’d make Fickell say no first (assuming he doesn’t have another job), then make Campbell say no… but after those two, I dunno that there’s a name that I think is as “high reward” as Coen. If he gets the keys and brings an elite QB in…

Maybe Urban Meyer would consider a school like us after his latest “scandal”

I’m sorely tempted to give Coen a shot if it came to it. The stuff JROW has posted with the reviews he’s gotten from QB gurus and the offense this year… but I don’t think he’d be in it for the long haul.

I’d make Fickell say no first (assuming he doesn’t have another job), then make Campbell say no… but after those two, I dunno that there’s a name that I think is as “high reward” as Coen. If he gets the keys and brings an elite QB in…
If Stoops leaves on a Monday, Coen will be having his introductory press conference by Friday.

I don’t see Mitch giving it to a guy with one year coordinator experience and no ties to the recruiting area regardless of how brilliant he is or whatever. Now, that doesn’t mean he couldn’t do it. Just don’t see it.
Brad White would be pissed if that happened. He has been here much longer.

But, it won't happen.

Reactions: The 5th quarter
Big Wittingham fan…but he’s not going anywhere. Been on the staff at Utah for over 25 years and the HC for 16. He will retire there.
Sporting News thinks Matt Campbell is qualified for the Florida job. See below:

I suspect LSU will announce someone soon given the new competition. O'Brien?

Bill Clark - No thanks

Mark Mangino - LOL

Dan Mullen - Why?

Jeff Brohm - No thanks

Gene Chizik - No thanks

Bo Pelini - LOL

John Harbaugh - LOL

Kerry Coombs - Too old

Matt Rhule - No

Brett Belemia - No

Kevin Sumlin - lol no

Ed Orgeron - LOL

Art Briles - Say what???
Neal Brown is doing ok at W. Virginia. He was left with a bad roster- its only year 3 for him and he is recruiting and recruiting very well in the same areas UK is recruiting. He is a legit choice for many reasons and would still be my number 1 because he is from the area, is young and has proven himself. His biggest draw back may be who he would choose for assistants. But moving to UK would allow him to not bring some friends he may wish he hadn't taken to W. VA. W. Va. still has bowl possibilites again this year. This weeks game would be a better barometer on the future of Neal. I think he would come home in a heart beat!

Go Big Blue!

I too am usually dubious of these types of posts, but my friend sent me a screen shot of the conversation with the person who is on the staff.
Keep in mind that neither Florida nor LSU have really even begun their searches yet. They just now beginning a list. I doubt they have even held a single interview yet. Stoops might end up taking one of the jobs, but anybody stating right now that it's already happened is lying to you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT