ADVERTISEMENT

Which UK shooter would you select for your team as your starting 2 guard? - Poll

Which UK shooter would you select for your team as your starting 2 guard?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sheppard was a STUD in 98.
Shep was a stud in 98 as you say but no where near the stud TD was. Crazy to think had Shep not redshirted we might not have known how good he actually was. He was always fine but I’m 98 he become something else. TD gets my vote overall!

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
Shep was a stud in 98 as you say but no where near the stud TD was. Crazy to think had Shep not redshirted we might not have known how good he actually was. He was always fine but I’m 98 he become something else. TD gets my vote overall!
We wouldn’t have known without his 98 run. However, if he plays in 97, we beat Arizona. We were so thin on the ability to guard their guards and could’ve used him. But then we miss out on the greatest title run during my lifetime which was 98.

Shepp and Mercer were what I studied to be able to catch and shoot on curls. Those are the two guys who always come to mine when it comes to that ability.

Shepp’s Final Four game against Stanford specifically.

OP included other guards too. Ford is still top 3 in 3pt percentage and top 6 in made 3 pts.
One good shooting year. Yeah. Sure.
OP included 2 PGs (Ford and Macy). Rest were SGs.
But I am still right!!
Ford Soph, 12.7mpg, only 3.5ppg, 37% from 3
Ford Jr, 13.6ppg, 52.9% from 3 (all defense focus was on AA Mash)
Ford Sr, 11.3ppg, 38% from 3, only 39.5% overall

Even Fitch made 40% from 3 twice. I’d take him over Ford.

1 Delk. Delk was a great shooter, scorer and defender. He did it all.
2 Lamb. Best outside shooter by percentage in program history, better finisher than talked about, underrated defender, consummate winner.
3 Rex Chapman. Another guy that seemed to be able to do it all.
4 Malik Monk. Most talented shooting guard we’ve ever had
5 Jamal Murray. Only reason i have monk ahead of him is i think murray was better suited as a lead guard. but he still did awfully well as a 2
6 Keith Bogans. If only bogans doesn’t roll his ankle against wisconsin. ****in wisconsin man…

AN OUTSTANDING defensive player...JM on 2010 team = NC , but I sure wouldn't mind Delk either.
Agree. As a FR he played more than any FR under Tubby except Rondo. As you said was a very good defender. Injuries ruined his SOPH year. But as a JR showed what he could do healthy, and that was with the DEF focusing on stopping him. He could score from anywhere on the floor, create his own shot, shoot & drive.

I picked Delk, but was surprised as others were that Lamb did not make the cut. I think if you look at these players on a deeper level and compare their supporting casts you have to take that into consideration as well.

Lamb made like 47% of his career shots here from 3 though so that is tough to beat. Murray is another good one and I think if he was on a better team he could have done even better, same with Meeks.

Delk was a solid, but not great shooter his first 3 seasons, but then ballooned up to 44% his senior season. He had one of the best teams around him in history so that is why IMO, goes back to your supporting cast mattering in these shooting percentages.

Ford and Macy were point guards. Lamb and possibly Bogans should have been their replacements. With that said overall shooter, defense, etc I would have to say Delk. If it was just shooting/scoring then Meeks.

Uh no! Ford? He had one great shooting year, and that was it. Not to mention he was a POINT GUARD, not a shooting guard.
Ford could not even get his shot off with mashburn being doubled .....went mash fouled out ford was done!! I love ford but he don't compare to delk.or booker unless your just looking at stats !

Best "shooter", without a doubt it is Lamb. Best Shooting Guard, is where it is debatable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT