ADVERTISEMENT

Which UK shooter would you select for your team as your starting 2 guard? - Poll

Which UK shooter would you select for your team as your starting 2 guard?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sosoblue

Senior
Aug 18, 2004
I was only allowed to add 10 in the poll. Curious to see what BBN would select with this group.

Ford and Macy were PGs who could shoot, not shooting guards.
Also, how is Lamb, our best 3pt% shooter EVER (no one else close), not in the list?

I was always a fan of Meeks, you could see it as a FR how good he could be. Then injuries derailed his Soph year.

But you can make a good case for several of these. Murray and Delk were 2 & 3 for me.

I would take Booker because I think the more he played as a starter he would become more confident and be close to what he is now.

Uhhhh how is the answer not Jodie Meeks. Question is the best shooter. He’s easily the best shooter on the list(collegiate career). You can argue Monk and Delk for 2/3 spots

Reactions: ruppcat
Ford and Macy were PGs who could shoot, not shooting guards.
Also, how is Lamb, our best 3pt% shooter EVER (no one else close), not in the list?

I was always a fan of Meeks, you could see it as a FR how good he could be. Then injuries derailed his Soph year.

But you can make a good case for several of these. Murray and Delk were 2 & 3 for me.

I was trying to diversify the list a bit. I didn't want everyone on the list from the Cal era but yes Lamb was a great shooter and should have added him in there and took someone else out.

Uh no! Ford? He had one great shooting year, and that was it. Not to mention he was a POINT GUARD, not a shooting guard.
OP included other guards too. Ford is still top 3 in 3pt percentage and top 6 in made 3 pts.
One good shooting year. Yeah. Sure.

Tony Delk is one of the best players to ever do it here. In fact, I would have more trust in him with the ball than anyone the last 30-40 years. I think the world of him.

Guy was a superhero here. It's why this was like my favorite basketball gear as a young lad.
kentucky1995-032915-getty-ftr_1knd4mlrxiuhy1vfzlrko92gnh.jpg

OP included other guards too. Ford is still top 3 in 3pt percentage and top 6 in made 3 pts.
One good shooting year. Yeah. Sure.
You post a lot, but you don’t know a lot. Ford had one really good shooting year, while teams were tripling Mash in the paint. After Mash left and Ford had to face some defense, he was a totally different player.

Well, since the OP said “shooter”, I’ll take the guy who ranks #1 all time at UK — Doron Lamb. If we’re talking overall game, I’d pick someone else.
Well, it’s an oddly worded question so I guess it’s just how you read it. He doesn’t necessarily ask who the best shooter is. He asks which shooter you’d take as your starting 2 guard.I’m a big Lamb fan so not hating on that. But if I’m picking my starting 2 guard like OP said, it’s TD00.

Well, it’s an oddly worded question so I guess it’s just how you read it. He doesn’t necessarily ask who the best shooter is. He asks which shooter you’d take as your starting 2 guard.I’m a big Lamb fan so not hating on that. But if I’m picking my starting 2 guard like OP said, it’s TD00.
I get that pick, but do we give equal consideration to one year players like Murray or Monk, as we give a four year player who wasn’t good enough to play serious minutes as a freshman but later became a star? It’s not really an equally balanced question.

I get that pick, but do we give equal consideration to one year players like Murray or Monk, as we give a four year player who wasn’t good enough to play serious minutes as a freshman but later became a star? It’s not really an equally balanced question.
You can give consideration to whatever you want lol, I’d say it’s a pretty subjective question. I’m taking the final four MOP. TD for life.

Reactions: BlueWhite21
You post a lot, but you don’t know a lot. Ford had one really good shooting year, while teams were tripling Mash in the paint. After Mash left and Ford had to face some defense, he was a totally different player.
If you say so. I was ten. So forgive me if my memory’s a little freaking rusty. His stats still speak for themselves.

Reactions: BlueWhite21
I’d take any 4 of those guys as my starters and add in a cousins or Davis or Oscar and let’s roll to a title.

Murray was sneaky at best. Excellent shooter but fell to the UK March curse. Murray is great now but all I can remember from that IU S16 is clang. It his fault per se. just piss poor timing to go cold.

Monk in the other hand did every thing he could to beat 8 people on that court so I’ll give props to him.

Reactions: chroix and STL_Cat
All of my opinions are based on feelings only with no fact checking to back them up. Since I started watching the cats (04-05 season) there have only been two players that I thought for sure would make every 3 pointer they took. Jodie Meeks and Doron Lamb. I was genuinely shocked every time they missed a shot.

Reactions: STL_Cat
If the criteria is based on how they played at UK, and not the NBA, then way too many people are voting for Booker.

Yes, Booker has turned out to be the best NBA player of all those guys, but he was not even close to Delk or Murray in college.

And Macy and Ford should not even be on that list. They didn’t play the two, they were point guards.

Reactions: JoeSwag and STL_Cat
If the criteria is based on how they played at UK, and not the NBA, then way too many people are voting for Booker.

Yes, Booker has turned out to be the best NBA player of all those guys, but he was not even close to Delk or Murray in college.

Easy way to identify the kiddos.

Reactions: UK90 and STL_Cat

That’s why if I’m just answering it as is, I’m going Delk. I’m not going to penalize guys like Delk because they stayed and improved. Murray and Monk chose to walk away early so it is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT