ADVERTISEMENT

Where Does Cal Have To Finish This Upcoming Season To Stay at UK? (You are the AD)

Where Does Cal Have To Finish This Year To Stay at UK?

• Total voters
Didn’t figure you for being an ageist bigot, but some small minded people are. Clearly you don’t deal in facts. Let’s prove that.

No 15 seed has EVER made it to the final 8. This one did. They were under seeded by 57 -60 places. Most ever in history. An NCAA record. Laugh at facts that don’t fit your drama queen agenda. Just proves my point. Your choices are to support the program. Quit. Cry over the inevitable.

Dude, you are a total jerk. You started with me for zero reason. Buzz off.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I’m not asking for much. Just don’t embarrass us again. Don’t lose any non conference games against cupcakes, get a 1 or 2 seed, win either the conference regular season or conference tournament, and make at least the Elite 8, only losing to another title contender. This should be the bear minimum for Kentucky basketball. We should always be title contenders just like the other blue bloods.

Reactions: bbncal02
How does your scenario work out in real life rather than in make-believe? The fat jagoff went 9-16 the season before last with what was supposed to be [at the beginning of the season] one of his better rosters, but Calipari kept his job. He got outcoached and out-maneuvered by St. Peter's in the first round of this season's NCAA tournament, but Calipari still has his job. His one-and-done method has alienated a sizable portion of the fan base and sucked the energy out of the program. "Pretty soon" my azz!

Let's call it what it is - UK basketball is hamstrung with this turd for years to come thanks in large part to Barnhart going to bat for Calipari and convincing the Board to give the fat jagoff this ridiculous contract. Barnhart hasn't just condoned Calipari's trashing of the program, but he's encouraged Calipari every step of the way. There will never be a move away from Calipari until there first is a departure from Barnhart. Never. And nobody on the Board has the ballz to do it.
It plays out with his huge ego getting deeply bruised. That is coming soon.

See I have long thought he would retire at end of 2024 but when you type it out I struggle to think he even does then. You may be right, depending on results, UK could have to buy him out eventually anyway. What person is going to walk away from another $29-$33M?
A person that already made $60 million and is content with that in his mid 60’s.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
The whole Cal debate always comes down to ones that look at strictly results vs others that look at things as a whole.

It's a tiring debate so I'm not going to go into it.

But take last season. Some will just look at the St Peter's loss and conclude it was a crap season. Others will look at the season as a whole and figure if you replay that season over and over again, then in theory the results will be there most of the time.

Neither is completely right or completely wrong. Because the truth is if you did take that team year in and year out (and maybe we are a bit healthier in other seasons), you get to where you want to be.

That being said, Cal is paid a massive sum of money...........to get results. So that has to be there more often than not.

I guess just looking at it, I can see both perspectives and understand why 1) some think it will turn around and 2) why others are upset and think it won't.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Cal has pooped the bed really hard with his incredible stubbornness on never changing up defenses, never calling OOB and rarely any other plays, plenty of different kinds of roster mismanagement, patronizing the fans, killing home scheduling and most OOC series, and woke political BS.

If we win a title this year I will be really happy we won a title. Not least because Oscar deserves one. But I really don’t think I’ll have a very good feeling about things going forward even then.

I’ve said forever that I would give him till the end of this coming season to turn things around. But the more I think of it lately….turn things around how? I’m not even sure what good-for-our-program could possibly look like under Cal anymore. It’s gone deeper than just not winning anything in seven years.

He’s done it to himself. And not at all only by losing.

You realize coaches get let go for poor results all the time right?
And you realize that Cal’s contract is very different than that of those other coaches, right?

The question is not whether Cal deserves to be fired, instead it’s whether UK can afford to fire him. And here’s the answer: NO, we cannot. UK is in no position to be paying the most expensive buyout in the history of sports, which is what it would take to fire Cal this year (in a couple years it’ll be a different story).

Thus why threads like this are a waste of time. Maybe we could somehow convince Cal to voluntarily step down (although l I seriously doubt it) but firing him just ain’t a financially realistic option this year no matter what happens.

If you fire a coach after losing in the Elite 8 you’re not gonna get anyone good to come here and that’s a fact.

If you fire a coach after losing in the Elite 8 you’re not gonna get anyone good to come here and that’s a fact.
You spelled wishful thinking wrong.

And we’d be interested in 0.0% of the guys who wouldn’t understand why Cal got fired after that particular Elite Eight.

You spelled wishful thinking wrong.

And we’d be interested in 0.0% of the guys who wouldn’t understand why Cal got fired after that particular Elite Eight.
They all understand that’s why they wouldn’t come here. It’s not about understanding... you think there’s a bunch of toddlers running around out there come on now.

It’s about the reality that many of the coaches would shun the decision especially after the media got done ripping it.

We all know that a great deal of the fan base is unsatisfied with Cal currently.

We also know that at the moment, Cal will be here this upcoming season (unless something crazy occurs).

So, you get to be Mitch. You can’t fire Cal at present. No funds available. But you’re making preparations for the end of next season.

If you are Mitch, where must Cal lead the team next year to keep his position?
When will this board realize Cal is going nowhere. No wishful thinking will change that. Get a life.

It plays out with his huge ego getting deeply bruised. That is coming soon.
Somebody please tell me how Calipari's ego gets more "bruised" than by going 9-16 with one of his proclaimed best rosters followed up the next season by getting prison-raped in the first round by St. Peters? BBN please wake up from this fairy tale dream - the fat jagoff ain't leaving on his own anytime soon.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
As I have said many times. Get real.

First .to set a tone for your drama girl post, we haven’t won a game in 2 years. One year there wasn’t a tournament. Now that we have established that your post is full of fake drama, let’s look at some facts.
You didn't establish anything. He stated TWO correct facts which you can't refute OR excuse.

FACT: Kentucky went 9-16 in 2021, missing the tournament.
FACT: Kentucky lost to a 15 seed last year, which the majority of the board agrees is one of the worst tournament losses in our long history.

A person that already made $60 million and is content with that in his mid 60’s.
Not only that, but what kind of ahole would Cal be if he stayed just to milk his contract, despite having poor results and the loathing of everyone in the state? His reputation and legacy would be ruined. He'd never work again. He says he's all about the 'kids' but if he did that he'd be all about the MONEHHHSSSS.

You didn't establish anything. He stated TWO correct facts which you can't refute OR excuse.

FACT: Kentucky went 9-16 in 2021, missing the tournament.

fact: it was a COVID year and that affected young teams more heavily.
FACT: Kentucky lost to a 15 seed last year, which the majority of the board agrees is one of the worst tournament losses in our long history.
Fact: A final 8 team that was the most under seeded team in the history of the tournament.

You keep spewing those half truths. Why do you avoid the whole picture Lowcut/Crychicken?

Not only that, but what kind of ahole would Cal be if he stayed just to milk his contract, despite having poor results and the loathing of everyone in the state? His reputation and legacy would be ruined. He'd never work again. He says he's all about the 'kids' but if he did that he'd be all about the MONEHHHSSSS.
You are all about nothing.

fact: it was a COVID year and that affected young teams more heavily.

Fact: A final 8 team that was the most under seeded team in the history of the tournament.

You keep spewing those half truths. Why do you avoid the whole picture Lowcut/Crychicken?
Neither of those statements are facts. They are opinions.

Not surprised that you can't tell the difference.

Your 15 seed was unique in all of history as the most underseeded EVER. Fact.
Not even remotely close to being FACT....The 19-11 record and second place conference position in the MAAC is what got them a well deserved 15 seed....they were not "under seeded"....they just got hot and were fueled by beating us "UK"....Seeding is done before the tournament, not after....prior to the tournament they were just another 15 seed with a crap resume to prove it

Now that is FACT....so run back to your fiction and misunderstanding of the seeding process

Not even remotely close to being FACT....The 19-11 record and second place conference position in the MAAC is what got them a well deserved 15 seed....they were not "under seeded"....they just got hot and were fueled by beating us "UK"....Seeding is done before the tournament, not after....prior to the tournament they were just another 15 seed with a crap resume to prove it

Now that is FACT....so run back to your fiction and misunderstanding of the seeding process
So you got scared an pulled out the alt Lowcut/Crychicken? They were in fact underseeded as defined by their seed versus final finish. Go make more alts. You need reinforcements.

So you got scared an pulled out the alt Lowcut/Crychicken? They were in fact underseeded as defined by their seed versus final finish. Go make more alts. You need reinforcements.
So final results are the true indicator of seeding?

So based on YOUR logic, we were the most OVER seeded team in the tournament. Based on results, we should have been a 10+ seed. So in other words, Cal has now had TWO crap years in a row. Right?

You can't have it both ways, Skippy.

• Love
Reactions: wildcatwelder
So final results are the true indicator of seeding?

So we were the most OVER seeded team in the tournament. Based on results, we should have been a 10+ seed. So in other words, Cal has now had TWO crap years in a row. Right?

You can't have it both ways, Skippy.
You can’t have it any way tiny. No matter what you say, we faced a final 8 team as a w2 seed in the first round. With three injured or recovering guards. Facts suck huh, Lowcut/Crychicken/hurtwhiny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT