ADVERTISEMENT

Wheeler drama

Boyd94

Junior
Feb 16, 2022
Do you think the will he play, won't he play drama is affecting the team? Truthfully, if I was at 75% I would definitely be up to playing if I could help my team.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Do you think the will he play, won't he play drama is affecting the team? Truthfully, if I was at 75% I would definitely be up to playing if I could help my team.

In all honesty, if he has listened to social media at all, he is being told that he is a major liability and should never play again. If I were in his shoes, I would have quit a long time ago.

I still hope he plays. But, time is running out. But, another angle is that maybe he has somebody in his ear telling him not to play because he has nothing to gain. But, who really knows at this point?

In all honesty, if he has listened to social media at all, he is being told that he is a major liability and should never play again. If I were in his shoes, I would have quit a long time ago.

I still hope he plays. But, time is running out. But, another angle is that maybe he has somebody in his ear telling him not to play because he has nothing to gain. But, who really knows at this point?
I believe it should have the opposite effect. Prove the naysayers wrong. I just wish he would say yes I'm playing or no I'm not playing. It has to be a distraction to the players.

I'm firmly in the he quit mindset but I would be extatic if he could give 3-5 minutes per half. Preferably in a shooters lineup.
I've been saying that, I have no problem with getting Wheeler back in there if it's only for a few minutes a half to give Cason a quick rest. I just want no part of throwing him back in there for 15+ minutes all of a sudden.

I don't see how he could possibly be in game shape at this point, he sure doesn't look like he is.
This feels a lot like 2011 when we went into the tournament with basically one bench player.

Cal puts himself into these situations by underrecruiting real depth for the sake of guys like Collins and Wheeler, and then when they don't develop or get injured, we're basically going into battle with one boot missing.

Imagine being a 3 year starter at two major P5 programs, only to have your spot taken by a freshman.

Now imagine the fragile mindset of his generation. Now imagine you have to hold your end of a NIL agreement.

Injured, or quit? I’ll give you 3 guesses. Move on from Wheeler if he can’t go 10 minutes today in a crucial game situation.

I have no clue what is going on with this kid. I do feel we need him to go deep into the tournament. No way do I see us going 6 games without some sort of foul issues. So yes, I hope he plays some.

But to say he is at 75% and not playing? Sorry snowflakes, but you are playing for a championship and if you have 75% to give, then give the team 100% of that 75% and lets go play.

I watched a kid yesterday get hit in the nose, left the game with blood all over his face, jersey; announcers wrote him off by saying how hard of a shot he took and low and behind, here he comes running out "put me in coach, I ready to play".
Some people handle pain better than others. Doesn't make them stronger or weaker, just some can't handle things as tough as others.

I have no clue what is going on with this kid. I do feel we need him to go deep into the tournament. No way do I see us going 6 games without some sort of foul issues. So yes, I hope he plays some.

But to say he is at 75% and not playing? Sorry snowflakes, but you are playing for a championship and if you have 75% to give, then give the team 100% of that 75% and lets go play.

I watched a kid yesterday get hit in the nose, left the game with blood all over his face, jersey; announcers wrote him off by saying how hard of a shot he took and low and behind, here he comes running out "put me in coach, I ready to play".
Some people handle pain better than others. Doesn't make them stronger or weaker, just some can't handle things as tough as others.
75% FIVE weeks after an alleged ankle sprain. That just doesn't even make sense.

Eh, you don't use your face to run.
Wheeler has an ankle injury and even at 100%, he can’t stay in front of good guards.
If Cal puts him in the game today, Nowell will go by Wheeler at will if he isn’t 100%.

Hes a senior. He’s not going to the league. He may have a couple years in the euro but this is essentially then of his playing career. So I’d be giving it my all if I’m him. He has nothing to lose.

And if I had a PG that was that fickle and weak-minded, I’d want him to quit. Here’s hoping he’s not that weak mentally.

Reactions: westerncat
There is no drama about Wheeler except on this forum and Twitter. None. Zero.
Yes, it's all on the fans. Thanks for the clarification, Cal.

Sure it has zero to do with the handling of his changing role on the team, and mystery around the injury, the immediate life threatening surgery that kept him and his family out of senior night, and obscure return status. It's all the fans fault. Yep.

We just need him to go in there for a few minutes while Wallace rest. Pressure the ball to half court then take a foul if you get beat. On offense. Bring the ball to half court then give the ball to Toppin. 5 minutes a half. Don’t need to be 100 percent for that.

Hes a senior. He’s not going to the league. He may have a couple years in the euro but this is essentially then of his playing career. So I’d be giving it my all if I’m him. He has nothing to lose.

He has another year of eligibility left. All of our seniors do.

I'd like to see him give it a go, if only to rest Wallace...., but, is he a team player? Has he REALLY quit?

If not he should play a few minutes each half.

Eh, you don't use your face to run.
Wheeler has an ankle injury and even at 100%, he can’t stay in front of good guards.
If Cal puts him in the game today, Nowell will go by Wheeler at will if he isn’t 100%.
Then why is it being reported the kid has been practicing? You are either good to go or not.
I have coached enough to know when a kid has an ankle injury when they are ready to go. You do not say they are good to go, practice them, then come back out at game time and say different.
He might have serious ankle injury but If so, he sure is getting around as if it is not serious. If it were a serious ankle injury, then why is he not in a boot?
We can agree to disagree but I have been around too many injured players and seen them come championship time how you have to fight them to keep them from playing.
Again, some kids are just tougher than others. This is no knock on the kid, just fact

If Kentucky didn’t play him again Providence and that slowed down pace of the game, then I don’t see them playing in a fast paced game when he isn’t in shape yet

You know what's comical? A good portion of our fans didn't want Wheeler in any game. Now they are moaning because he's not in the games. Just another thing to complain about from a collection of people that love complaining...

The only "drama" here is that being created on social media. I frankly don't care what his status is, if they are hiding something, if he quit or is really injured. I really don't even think about it aside from it being nice if we had him for a little bit to give Wallace a breather. Only once did I joke around about him "quitting" because he was pissed he was benched for the Bennie Lineup (that got a huge round of applause, for some reason). But ultimately I never think about why he's out.

Reactions: westerncat
Yes, it's all on the fans. Thanks for the clarification, Cal.

Sure it has zero to do with the handling of his changing role on the team, and mystery around the injury, the immediate life threatening surgery that kept him and his family out of senior night, and obscure return status. It's all the fans fault. Yep.
It wasn’t a life threatening surgery. It was a minor surgery in his tailbone area. I have a pretty good idea what it was since my son had a procedure there- it’s actually more common than you think. The issue would have been it would have been very difficult for him to sit on the bench after the surgery. And since that game, he has been on the UK bench cheering his teammates on.
Listen if you want to make this some great conspiracy, put on your tin foil hat and have at it.

We are a better team when Wheeler plays zero minutes.

Anyone sitting on the bench would do better spelling Wallace than Wheeler.

He can’t guard. He can’t run offense. He can’t shoot. And if the pressure is on he wilts.

But it’s nothing to discuss. He’s not playing.

I read an article yesterday where the interviewer asked him about the narrative that he quit on the team.
Yeah which evolved from Twitter. He being there answering the question gives you the answer along with him cheering on his teammates from the bench. Most players who quit a team aren’t allowed to sit on the bench.

Reactions: University-6
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT