ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Championship + (40-0) Would you still want Cal gone today?

Farsight

Junior
Nov 27, 2011
See thread title. If Cal went 40-0 and won his 2nd title in 2015, do you think fans would be more divided then they are today about Cal?

I think 90%+ the fan base is mostly on the same page of wanting Cal gone next year.

I think if Cal won that 2015 title, that number would go down to about 75%.

How much leniency would you have for Cal if he won that title or more right now?

Last edited:
Oh, yeah. This is not only about lack of performance. It’s about his piss poor attitude.

Plus, I’m a Benny, and our motto is “The dude’s gotta go.”

Reactions: Farsight
Maybe if he had won in 2010 and 2015 (or any other season), I'd still be on his side.

But he hasn't won squat in over a decade. He's done.
Yea I agree. I think if he won 1 of these 3, 2011, 2015, 2017, the leniency would be a bit more for Cal from the fan base.

If he won 2 of the 3, 2011, 2015, 2017 with UK having 3 titles, I think no more than 50% of the fan base would want him gone today.

That's the point of the thread. How much leniency would the fan base have if Cal had won more titles.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I would have less hostility. But I'd still want a change.

These seasons are defined by March: John Calipari said that.

We haven't won a title in 12 years. It'll be 13 years by the time we have another chance.
We haven't been to a final 4 in 9 years.
We haven't been to an elite 8 in 5 years.
We haven't been to a Sweet 16 in 5 years.

The last 2 are more damning. If we were routinely an Elite 8 team, I would be more forgiving. It doesn't have to be a title every year. IT doesn't have to be a final 4 every year. But we should get to the second weekend every year. We should at least be competing to get to the Elite 8 and Final 4 most years.

If he won 2 of the 3, 2011, 2015, 2017 with UK having 3 titles, I think no more than 50% of the fan base would want him gone today.

No way, more like 5~10%. That would give him 3 titles. especially if the two are 2015 and 2017.

If the two are 2011 and 2015 then maybe 30%. Even still, 3 titles puts him second to Rupp and the most by current active coaches IIRC. Plus he be a coach with an undefeated season. 70% of the fanbase would be calling that 30% absolute loons.

Reactions: Farsight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT