ADVERTISEMENT

What's Being Lost In the Discussion

No joke, if we only beat double digit seeds all the way to the championship that would be awesome. They give you the same banner regardless.

Remember the year Duke got a walk to the championship and met Butler?

We are a long way from winning it all but we have a tiny bit more margin for error.

No joke, if we only beat double digit seeds all the way to the championship that would be awesome. They give you the same banner regardless.

Remember the year Duke got a walk to the championship and met Butler?

We are a long way from winning it all but we have a tiny bit more margin for error.

I mean they beat WVU by 20 who beat UK...we had the title that year if we didn't choke and shoot 32 3's when we had slashers in Wall and Bledsoe and Patterson, Cousins, Orton, etc, down low.

And Butler was damn good in case you didn't watch the title game and how they almost won it at the end.

I hate to defend Duke but just saying.

The collective sentiment is Kentucky got a lucky cake walk to a FF. I'm sorry, but we're playing damn good ball right now and could've gone through those top four seeds anyway. How about a little credit for how we're playing and not our 'luck'.

Davidson and Buffalo would have wreaked havoc in other brackets.

The collective sentiment is Kentucky got a lucky cake walk to a FF. I'm sorry, but we're playing damn good ball right now and could've gone through those top four seeds anyway. How about a little credit for how we're playing and not our 'luck'.
Because we're a borderline NIT team that needs everything to fall just right in order to win! Shame on you for not knowing that! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: SemperFiCat

They gotta discredit us somehow bro. But we know, we know . Handle business in ATL and let them say whatever they want

Reactions: SemperFiCat
I mean they beat WVU by 20 who beat UK...we had the title that year if we didn't choke and shoot 32 3's when we had slashers in Wall and Bledsoe and Patterson, Cousins, Orton, etc, down low.

And Butler was damn good in case you didn't watch the title game and how they almost won it at the end.

Duke also beat Baylor in Texas to get to the final four. This board would have lost their mind when the bracket came out having to face Baylor in Texas but for Duke it’s a cakewalk. I can’t stand Duke but there isn’t much logic to this board in that line of thinking.

Wouldnt mind seeing the Cats make it to the final game and not being completely exhausted from getting there through the normal bracket of death.

Both can be true.

UK is playing very good right now.

UK also got the easiest/luckiest path to Final Four in NCAA history (per Andy Katz)

You may have seen that North Carolina has won 34 of 36 NCAA tournament games in the State of North Carolina? I'm guessing Duke has a similar # of games in state during the last 30 years. Let us play in Louisville every year, and we probably have a few more Final Fours under our belt.

We have to play well, regardless who opponent is. The Randle team got it together when it needed to and made it right to the end. This team can do the same.

I hope they all believe that. They can shit in their hats for all I care.

Our path is not our problem or our fault. I hope people keep crying about it, to push our players more. Another week of practice playing this well is also so key. Confidence is so hard to "coach" and everything becomes "easy" when you have it.

UK's basketball team has as much or more talent than any other team in the NCAAT. If we play well, we can beat anyone. If we play poorly, we can lose to anyone. So the real point here is less about the NCAA Selection Committee and much more about how well or how poorly our team plays.

Reactions: michaeluk26
Another thing lost is that we have not made the final 4 yet.
giphy.gif

Duke also beat Baylor in Texas to get to the final four. This board would have lost their mind when the bracket came out having to face Baylor in Texas but for Duke it’s a cakewalk. I can’t stand Duke but there isn’t much logic to this board in that line of thinking.

Ok guys, number 1 I didn't bother looking back at the actual tournament to ensure I was exactly correct on that example--sorry! number 2 that team plays that WV team 20 times they win 19. We just couldn't hit an outside shot--that exact problem has killed several teams this tournament, and 3 just because Butler made it a close game in the championship doesn't necessarily mean that Butler was a great team. I would bet on us beating that Butler team with any of the teams we have put in the final four the past 10 years.

Who cares we won other teams didnt , they can complain all they want

Didn’t UK also play Baylor in 2012 to get to the FF?

For all the talk of Duke’s cakewalk, UK had virtually the same cakewalk until WVU. They didn’t play a good team until the Elite 8, playing the 16, 9, and 12 seeds along the way. And yes, this board would have bitched for years about having to play Baylor in Texas.

For all the talk of Duke’s cakewalk, UK had virtually the same cakewalk until WVU. They didn’t play a good team until the Elite 8, playing the 16, 9, and 12 seeds along the way. And yes, this board would have bitched for years about having to play Baylor in Texas.
Don't you know that Cornell had NBA talent and was super.

Ok guys, number 1 I didn't bother looking back at the actual tournament to ensure I was exactly correct on that example--sorry! number 2 that team plays that WV team 20 times they win 19. We just couldn't hit an outside shot--that exact problem has killed several teams this tournament, and 3 just because Butler made it a close game in the championship doesn't necessarily mean that Butler was a great team. I would bet on us beating that Butler team with any of the teams we have put in the final four the past 10 years.

The problem is your OP is what is brought up on this board over and over until it’s actually accepted as truth to your point you didn’t even look it up. Has KY gotten done tougher draws than we should have while Duke has gotten the weaker 2 seed at times? Of course but it is nowhere near as bad as this board makes it seem. Duke has also taken advantage when it was there for the taking when they didn’t have the best team line 2010 and 2015. Can UK do the same this year? Still a long way to go and some tough teams still in way but we are in the drivers seat for the FF and then anything can happen once your there.

That kind of hypocrisy is on every board.........everyone thinks the teams they hate/are jealous of getting favored treatment.

It's not like all of those teams took a dive to give us an easier path.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT