ADVERTISEMENT

What went into Oats’ decision to stay at Bama

You’re an idiot
You're a dumbass. Uk fans do have unreachable expectations, every one knows it and all commentators agree, the majority of UK fans expect a natty or final 4 every year. But there is nothing wrong expecting and hoping for a national championship every year, but it's not going to happen.

Alabama would match whatever we offer.

Has as much or more NIL

Can get whatever players he wants

Fans love him / doesn’t have the expectations

Pretty easy.

But it’s simply not Kentucky. Kentucky basketball is a different animal and coaches all know. It’s a different animal in a good way for coaches who want to reach the pinnacle. Media follows Kentucky basketball around like pro teams. It’s the top dog in the state. Football is king in Alabama and that will never change. Those kinds of things mean something to coaches.

Go to the Arkansas board cry baby
Lol. Im happy as hell that cal is gone, but UK fans expectations are too high, every coach in America knows it. But it is what it is. The last several years Cal has sucked it up. UK should have went deep the last several years.

Lol. Im happy as hell that cal is gone, but UK fans expectations are too high, every coach in America knows it. But it is what it is. The last several years Cal has sucked it up. UK should have went deep the last several years.
Man everyone has bad fans. Not everyone’s expectations are too high. We lower standards to much we will be like Indiana

But it’s simply not Kentucky. Kentucky basketball is a different animal and coaches all know. It’s a different animal in a good way for coaches who want to reach the pinnacle. Media follows Kentucky basketball around like pro teams. It’s the top dog in the state. Football is king in Alabama and that will never change. Those kinds of things mean something to coaches.
I think you’re trying to convince yourself they matter more than they do.

I think you’re trying to convince yourself they matter more than they do.

I know they do. If they want to be at the top of the heap, they matter. It’s just a business. It’s the business they are in. Anyone who wants to be at the top craves that type of environment. If Oats said no, it’s because the top of the heap, king of the mountain isn’t in him.

I know they do. If they want to be at the top of the heap, they matter. It’s just a business. It’s the business they are in. Anyone who wants to be at the top craves that type of environment. If Oats said no, it’s because the top of the heap, king of the mountain isn’t in him.
Lol whatever you got tell yourself to convince yourself, go right ahead.

Says the Bama fan whose name is “Football1240” lmfao. You can’t make this shit up.
I know you’re new here and just joined in 2021, but I’ve been a member on rivals.com since 2008. I have posted more about basketball than football whether on the College Basketball Rivals board, our Alabama board, and even Rupp Rafters.

I sat through Anthony Grant, Avery Johnson, and now Nate Oat’s for this Final 4. The only thing left is a national championship which we are so excited for.

• Haha
Reactions: MakinMusic
Alabama would match whatever we offer.

Has as much or more NIL

Can get whatever players he wants

Fans love him / doesn’t have the expectations

Pretty easy.
You're correct that Alabama would match whatever Kentucky offers. Alabama makes way more money than Kentucky and the rest of the SEC annually so money is never the problem at Alabama.

Total Athletic Department Revenue National Rank - March 14, 2024
#3 Alabama Total Athletic Department Revenue: $214,365,357
#16 Kentucky Total Athletic Department Revenue: $159,079,024

NCAA Finances: Revenue and Expenses by School

they spend their nil money on football first
Alabama makes plenty of money off men's basketball and isn't far behind Kentucky. NIL money goes to both. How do you think we're pulling in our overall #3 basketball recruiting class this year?

Total Men's Basketball Revenue - National Rank
#12 Kentucky Men's Basketball Revenue: $22,667,255
#17 Alabama Men's Basketball Revenue: $19,047,972

Schools That Make the Most Money Off College Basketball

I would have been faster to simply say he wasn’t offered.
I posted some factual data because people discussing money on this board seem to forget that Alabama brings in about $60 million more than Kentucky annually. Alabama makes more than any school in the SEC. Nobody can pay more for coaches than Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT