ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Oats possible candidate for UL..Edit (someone’s opinion on who should be the choice)

If I were UL, I'd get Gregg Marshall or Bob Huggins

both would come cheap and give them immediate relevancy

Well with U of L having no shame, I'm sure they'd take a coach who had a literal murderer on his team and the star player brought the murder weapon. I promise you if it was Brandon Miller, a local basketball coach in Tuscaloosa, he'd be in prison. Oates trying to cover it up.

It's just like Brucie at Auburn. He literally tried to ruin a kid's future by secretly recording him trying to get him to admit to getting cash and a car, something that NEVER happened. He was blackballed from D1 for 20 years. Then he gets a shot with Tennessee. They got their precious Elite 8 banner, the the jackass blatantly lied to the NCAA about a damn barbecue with pictures.

**** them. They would be great at Louisville, but we'd still own them.

I hate UL, but is is a premier job with great facilities and in the ACC. It is a promotion from Alabama
TODAY ? I am not so sure Louisville would be a step up for Oats. He does what he wants (literally) at Bama. He doesn't have people looking over his shoulder every day and builds / runs the team the way he sees fit. Why leave a solid, winning SEC program to go and rebuild a flailing ACC program ? WHY put the extra work and pressure on yourself ? If Louisville offered him big money, pretty sure Bama could and would match. JMO. Louisville will have to look at a young up and coming coach like Florida did.

TODAY ? I am not so sure Louisville would be a step up for Oats. He does what he wants (literally) at Bama. He doesn't have people looking over his shoulder every day and builds / runs the team the way he sees fit. Why leave a solid, winning SEC program to go and rebuild a flailing ACC program ? WHY put the extra work and pressure on yourself ? If Louisville offered him big money, pretty sure Bama could and would match. JMO. Louisville will have to look at a young up and coming coach like Florida did.
Respectfully, disagree. I know UL has had rough times since Pitino, but Louisville is still and always has been a top 10 NCAA basketball program. Oats is still at a football school.
I look for Louisville to make a play for Pearl and it would be a smart move for them, IMO

Oats has built a good program at Bama I think it would take a program like Ky or NC or Kan. Mich or a few others that would draw him away, I would think Bama would give him alot of money to keep him
There are at least two dozen schools with more bball pedigree than Alabama.

Why would Louisville be looking a coach the one they have now is perfectly fine

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockford
Respectfully, disagree. I know UL has had rough times since Pitino, but Louisville is still and always has been a top 10 NCAA basketball program. Oats is still at a football school.
I look for Louisville to make a play for Pearl and it would be a smart move for them, IMO
Well I wonder how they ended up with Payne then ? NO previous head coaching experience. I know he was a former player, good assistant, but NOT proven. It was a big hire trying to come back from the scandal, you would think if they could, they would have went with someone with a proven track record. If they could have got someone better and didn't, that was even worse. WHO do you know would want the rebuild needed at Louisville ?

Well I wonder how they ended up with Payne then ? NO previous head coaching experience. I know he was a former player, good assistant, but NOT proven. It was a big hire trying to come back from the scandal, you would think if they could, they would have went with someone with a proven track record. If they could have got someone better and didn't, that was even worse. WHO do you know would want the rebuild needed at Louisville ?
I believe UL could have their pick of anyone in the SEC not named Calipari or Barnes (because he is so close to the end of his coaching career)

There was enormous pressure to hire an African American at that time for UofL. They have been chagrined for years that UK had one cefore them. Further, there was a very vocal and influential group of former players who live in Louisville advocating Payne (Griffith, Bridgeman, Eaves, Wagner, etc,). It was thought this was the perfect moment. I’m still not sure Kenny can’t right the ship if given the time. The program was truly a dumpster fire when he took over with little ability to do well that first year. I thought year two would be better but they are playing much better and maybe last year’s record showed it was even worse than we thought.

Reactions: Mulder14
I am not a Nate Oats fan. I think Oats would be lucky to get the UL job. I do not like Louisville but it is still considered a top ten to 15 job. I personally think the UL job is more attractive than the MSU job. I also think there are better coaches out there for each job.

There are at least two dozen schools with more bball pedigree than Alabama.
I never said there wasn't I just said he has a winning program at Bama but I sure he would go somewhere else if the money was right but it would take a good program to do it, do not think the Ville program is any better than Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT