ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Oats possible candidate for UL..Edit (someone’s opinion on who should be the choice)

nevermind. The article reads as if it’s just an opinion on who UL should pursue..

Would be a good hire for them. They will have some very good options when they make the move.

Jmo but the decision is made and they will move on at the end of the season. Kenny is winning a bit more so hopefully he wins a few more to make it tougher on them.

They can want and wish and put anyone on their list. However finding that person that is willing to come to that dumpster fire is another story. and i assure you it wont be a top coach anywhere that will leave his safe place for that place. Maybe a fired coach or a young dimwitted one who doesnt know better.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Oats has built a good program at Bama I think it would take a program like Ky or NC or Kan. Mich or a few others that would draw him away, I would think Bama would give him alot of money to keep him

Reactions: CrimsonCats
They can’t afford him or his buyout. UL isn’t in great shape financially
They would owe Kenny about $1.5 million/year for 4 years for his buyout. I believe Oats buyout to leave Alabama is $10 million. Oats makes about $1 million more annually than Kenny right now. So, they would need to come up with $3 million more per year to get Oats and also the upfront money of Oats buyout. Could be tough!

I looked for news of KP's firing everywhere but couldn't find it. I guess his firing is just assumed at this point.

Reactions: westerncat
Oats is waiting out Izzo at MSU.
I bet he's also at least curious about the goings on and moaning right here at Kentucky around Cal. The SEC is becoming the premier basketball conference, and the B10 is flailing, as is the ACC. That leaves the SEC and B12 as the top shelf of the college basketball world.

I wonder how many coaches say no to UK when the time comes and Cal leaves. Now we know they will be behind the scene turn downs and there will be coaches who will use the opening to get a pay raise.

I bet he's also at least curious about the goings on and moaning right here at Kentucky around Cal. The SEC is becoming the premier basketball conference, and the B10 is flailing, as is the ACC. That leaves the SEC and B12 as the top shelf of the college basketball world.
I’m just going by what I hear around here. Most people in this area (Lansing, Flint, Detroit) are pretty confident that Oats is coming to MSU if and when Izzo hangs it up.

Louisville does have some tradition although not quite blue blood status, but I don’t know that it’s going to be enough for them to pull in Oats or another similarly positioned coach. He’s already at a power conference job that as of this moment is in a much better position than Louisville, and is capable of paying him the same if not more than they will. I could be wrong, but they’re going to be such a total rebuild that I don’t expect them to be able to just name their candidate.

Reactions: KFuqua
I just hope UL can not find anyone to take the job coaching there.
No established coach will go there. They don’t have the $ and too much of a gamble.

I still think Will “strong ass offer” Wade would be their best bet, but (luckily) I don’t see that school taking on anyone with a shady past.

Reactions: westerncat
This is an article based on Gary Parrish saying "Nate Oats is 100 percent somebody I’d take a look at".

There are no actual candidates at this point for the Louisville job.
I wouldn't bet on that. If u6 ad isn't already in deep pursuit then he is being derelict in his job. Everybody knows what's coming down the pike in March.

I don’t get those of you who think no one would want that job. That is a prime job from salary and conference perspective and you would be coming to put out the dumpster fire. Certainly easier than following a legend. An excellent coach would have them back quickly.

I don’t get those of you who think no one would want that job. That is a prime job from salary and conference perspective and you would be coming to put out the dumpster fire. Certainly easier than following a legend. An excellent coach would have them back quickly.
Plus if you suck they won’t have the money to fire you

• Haha
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Slightly OT here, but as bad as KP sucks, he’d still have a better record with this current UK team than Cal does! That’s honestly how bad Cal has become as a HC💯.

Slightly OT here, but as bad as KP sucks, he’d still have a better record with this current UK team than Cal does! That’s honestly how bad Cal has become as a HC💯.

Doubt it. KP is truly awful.

As for Oats, he would kill it there.

Then we would get beat by UL and the other top sec teams.

There’s a middle ground between “can’t get anybody” and “can get anybody they want”. I think being in a power conference and having some tradition can probably get them a promising coach from a lower level. I don’t think they’ll be too likely to get a guy who’s already making $4.5 million a year while winning power conference titles (Louisville currently pays Payne roughly $3.5 million for comparison).

Many let their hatred of UofL, which I share, color their judgement. Remember all coaches are mercenaries, like everyone in sports. Also the old saying applies i if they do well, “He’s an SOB but he’s ourSOB”

Reactions: Fox2monk
This is just your cut and paste article. Pure BS.

Tomorrow he could change name of school and candidate and have the same merit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT