ADVERTISEMENT

What Are Your Expectations on Competing for a National Title This Season?

One thing is for certain. Everyone will be forced to play by rules and stay in their "region" minus the teams the need to put UK out, and Duke.

Reactions: JerseyCat84
With Calipari we expect final fours. Just read through the thread.

His results are fantastic.

I expect to contend for a title. I don't see anyone out there who scares me. We'll see you in March.

Reactions: JohnBlue_
I agree. I might feel too cocky, but I believe Wynyard brings Cal the toughness we need to become an elite team by March. The missing piece so to speak. Are you ready for a 70 game win streak. Wow . . . OK . . . I'll calm down. I got carried away, too fired up. I'm better now. However, I do believe we're just going to improve for while. Our opponents better get us while they have a chance and we're only ranked 4th. Big Blue dominance is very close.

Last edited:
I like our chances to win it all. I believe our 3 pointers will start falling and we have just enough inside presence to win with. Guard play will be a big advantage for us with Ulis who I think is the best point guard, Murray will start feeling more comfortable and hitting 3's and Briscoe who is a bulldog on the defensive end of the court and can score inside.

With Cal's record, it seems odd to think we wouldn't be back in the final four again. Is it likely we'll be there again?

none - none whatsoever

this team is not a title contender whatsoever at this point

granted - there's a long way to go and things change -- but at this point, I have - 0 - expectations for a title --- Sweet 16 should be about right

none - none whatsoever

this team is not a title contender whatsoever at this point

granted - there's a long way to go and things change -- but at this point, I have - 0 - expectations for a title --- Sweet 16 should be about right

This can be a final four team whether Skal becomes the guy we thought or not. When our guards pick it up we can easily get there. Gotta rememeber the tournament can open up very favorably and We have lots of talent.

Same as what most people said, but I'm starting to think that.. At the rate Lee and Willis are coming along, along with the development of Hump and rehab of Poy, I we don't NEED Skal to win the title. He would help for sure. But I'm not sold he's essential to winning the title.

Reactions: .S&C.
I expect this team to improve to contender status; after that, it's up to matchups and a little bit of luck

Camp Cal didn't seem to help last year. We peaked against UCLA right before Christmas break and other than the West Virginia game never got back to that level.

You're right, they went down hill big time after camp Cal last season. I guess one way of looking at is that last years team was hot and cooled off where this team is cold so maybe they heat up.

Reactions: Bkocats
You're right, they went down hill big time after camp Cal last season. I guess one way of looking at is that last years team was hot and cooled off where this team is cold so maybe they heat up.
there wasn't really a lot of areas where last year's team could improve - or, at least THOUGHT they needed to. I never used to think a loss was a good thing, but I wonder, now, if it wouldn't have been a good thing in order to prove the point. I maintain that they (coach too) thought there was no way they were going to lose in the FF because they managed to pull it out all year.

Reactions: JohnBlue_
Here is how I see it......

If officials will be graded on the new rules come tourney time and freedom of movement is the key I think it works in our advantage

If we can avoid upsets in sweet 32 or 16 I think we have a good shot. Guards win in March and I think ours are just as good as anyone Barring injury I think we have a great chance. But who knows right now as no team stands out yet

I believe that the season rides on the Center Position. One or two of the possibilities must establish a stronghold on the job. He must provide points, goal defense, and rebounding. UK will be tough if one steps forward.

I doubt we'll be a 2012 or 2015 level favorite, but I think we'll be one of the 5 best by the postseason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT