ADVERTISEMENT

I love and hate this time of year.

bbncal02

All-American
Nov 14, 2017
Hopkinsville
Two guaranteed games left. That’s all we technically have with this group. Everything else will just be earned and a bonus.

How is it the end of basketabLl season already? Just seems like we started like a month ago? Conference play has flown by.

It’s been a wild ride and I love its tourney time but sigh. That means we’re coming up on the portion of the year where you hope to goodness your baseball team is decent. I hate the gap from April to late August. Just three to four months of sports boredom (again unless your chosen baseball team is fun).

Here’s hoping to a helluva run to close out the season!

I feel it. I love this time of year when we are still alive. I follow every minute of it. Once we get knocked out, I go into a depression state, and tune the NCAA tournament out. I may end up watching the title game, but that's about it.

Two guaranteed games left. That’s all we technically have with this group. Everything else will just be earned and a bonus.

How is it the end of basketabLl season already? Just seems like we started like a month ago? Conference play has flown by.

It’s been a wild ride and I love its tourney time but sigh. That means we’re coming up on the portion of the year where you hope to goodness your baseball team is decent. I hate the gap from April to late August. Just three to four months of sports boredom (again unless your chosen baseball team is fun).

Here’s hoping to a helluva run to close out the season!
Yeah definitely a sports cleanse time of year with me. After UK gets knocked out I start garden and find a way to pass time. I'm killing the NBA for a grand a nite lately and looking forward to baseball this season. Braves and Dodgers will make me some good money while I play around outside. Sports is not my way of life like it used to be. I can get by thru April and July. Radio season is what I call it.

Reactions: chroix and bbncal02
Luckily when college bball ends is when the nice weather starts. If winter wasn’t sports season I couldn’t handle it. I’d have to move south.
This is kind of how I feel about it. Winter is great because you have basketball and playoff football. Once CBB ends, time to spend time outside at the lake and the golf course.

I love cool, wet springs but can't stand summer and its heat. Hopefully the Reds are great, I think the pitching will be a concern. Look who the opening day starter is. And then all the student-assisted "thank you BBN going pro!" letters and listening at Cow blabber about draft night.

Yeah definitely a sports cleanse time of year with me. After UK gets knocked out I start garden and find a way to pass time. I'm killing the NBA for a grand a nite lately and looking forward to baseball this season. Braves and Dodgers will make me some good money while I play around outside. Sports is not my way of life like it used to be. I can get by thru April and July. Radio season is what I call it.
Britney Spears Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Luckily when college bball ends is when the nice weather starts. If winter wasn’t sports season I couldn’t handle it. I’d have to move south.
Yes summer is my favorite time of the year. Basketball gets me through the long winter.

Man this is the best time of year. Baseball is here and the brackets are about to be released. No hate at all from me. I hate cold weather and that’s behind us.

Reactions: JumperJack
I do more things outdoors in spring and summer so it works out. I enjoy baseball but know going into the season the cardinals aren't gonna do anything so oh well.

I do keep up with NHL and NBA playoffs but mostly just phone checking during games.

I love tourney time in CBB.

I hate allergy season in Kentucky.

So I agree with OP, I have a love/hate relationship with March.

Reactions: Cats192
I think it feels this way because seasons like this have large chunks ruined by teams poor performance. I love the turnaround, but man if it wasn't touch and go there for a while.

The second we turn things around and gain consistency, we have 3 games left in the SEC lol.

I love the excitement of the games and the joy any postseason victory brings. I hate the anxiety of waiting for the next game and really hate the crushing feeling and knowing the season is over after the Cats lose in the big tournament.

Count me as another who is all in on March until UK is knocked out. When the Cats go down, basketball season is over for me. I will only watch the FF/title game if no teams I hate are left, which is usually rare.

It's my favorite time of year. I feel like a kid on Christmas.

I'm working a half day next Thursday so that I'll be done around 11:30, so that I can watch the games. Then off Friday

Reactions: drew_ukfan
I love the excitement of the games and the joy any postseason victory brings. I hate the anxiety of waiting for the next game and really hate the crushing feeling and knowing the season is over after the Cats lose in the big tournament.

Count me as another who is all in on March until UK is knocked out. When the Cats go down, basketball season is over for me. I will only watch the FF/title game if no teams I hate are left, which is usually rare.
This. I usually don’t watch the final game either. Just hate it.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT