ADVERTISEMENT

We could be looking at 2 SEC and 2 Big Ten teams in the playoffs.

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
Break it down by conference for teams still with a chance
ACC-Out
Big 12-TCU is the only one left. They could easily lose next week.
Big Ten-Michigan-Probably in even with a loss
Ohio State-1 loss to the overall #1 or 2 seed
PAC 12-I would think USC is their only hope since Oregon just lost but they have to beat Notre Dame and a championship game next week
SEC-Georgia-Probably in even with a loss
LSU-in with a win as long as they take care of business tonight
Alabama-2 road losses in overtime to top 10 teams

That's 7 teams for 4 spots. TCU can easily lose. They've been playing with fire all year. I don't trust USC to beat Notre Dame and their championship game. If those 2 lose, who the hell else are you giving the last 2 spots to. LSU gets one if they can win tonight and beat Georgia. If they can't do that, it's down to Alabama, Ohio State and TCU. TCU isn't getting that spot.

Wouldn't that just piss the rest of the world off!!!!

usc and michigan are probably the only locks win or lose. if tcu wins they’re in. that leaves one spot for osu or usc. will guess the top 4 all get in.

usc and michigan are probably the only locks win or lose. if tcu wins they’re in. that leaves one spot for osu or usc. will guess the top 4 all get in.
You think a 2 loss USC team gets in over either Ohio State or Alabama? Assuming they loss this week or next.

It’s criminal if OSU gets in over Alabama. That’s why you say screw everybody and go to a 4-6 game SEC schedule when Oklahoma and Texas join. Fill the schedule with MAC and Sun Belt teams. The schedule will still be tougher than every other conference’s teams.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
if alabama beats uga, they would have a case of course. that’s a tall order. championship week might shake things up, but unless blown out i think uga and michigan are in no matter what.

It’s very dangerous for UGA if Bama gets in.

#1 UGA would play in Atlanta.

Bama always beats UGA in Atlanta.

Don't see bama getting in. If it comes down to OSU or Bama, OSU will get the pick I bet.

I'm not sure USC or TCU lose though.

Don't see bama getting in. If it comes down to OSU or Bama, OSU will get the pick I bet.

I'm not sure USC or TCU lose though.

And if UGA is #1, which is more “fair” to them?

Facing TCU or OSU?

UGA could go 13-0 and could be facing BAMA or OSU. Neither is ideal, although I think they would handle OSU in Atlanta.

Preference would be TCU or USC.

ACC-Out
PAC 12-I would think USC is their only hope since Oregon just lost but they have to beat Notre Dame and a championship game next week

That's 7 teams for 4 spots. TCU can easily lose. They've been playing with fire all year. I don't trust USC to beat Notre Dame and their championship game. If those 2 lose, who the hell else are you giving the last 2 spots to. LSU gets one if they can win tonight and beat Georgia. If they can't do that, it's down to Alabama, Ohio State and TCU. TCU isn't getting that spot.

Would be a preview of what college football looks like in 5 years. I've been saying this for a couple of years. Winner of the 20 team big 10 plays the winner of the 20 team SEC for the National championship.

I may be wrong so that means put everything you have on them but I think if TCU can win next week, they lose by at least 30 to Michigan, Ohio State, Georgia or Alabama.

that’s right. they won it a couple weeks ago. glenn’s take threw me off.

It’s criminal if OSU gets in over Alabama. That’s why you say screw everybody and go to a 4-6 game SEC schedule when Oklahoma and Texas join. Fill the schedule with MAC and Sun Belt teams. The schedule will still be tougher than every other conference’s teams.
Bama has two losses. No GD way should they be considered. If you’re going with a two loss team you’d have to go with LSU who actually beat Bama.

Bama has two losses. No GD way should they be considered. If you’re going with a two loss team you’d have to go with LSU who actually beat Bama.
bama lost twice on the road on the last play to what became two top ten teams. lsu got their asses kicked on their home field. schedule wise it’s not even close.

bama lost twice on the road on the last play to what became two top ten teams. lsu got their asses kicked on their home field. schedule wise it’s not even close.
How can you say it’s not even close? They lost to the team in question. Same conference. LSU won their division. LSU beat Bama head to head.

Bama nearly lost to TAMU and Texas. Bama has had more than enough chances at a title. They don’t deserve it this year at all.

How can you say it’s not even close? They lost to the team in question. Same conference. LSU won their division. LSU beat Bama head to head.

Bama nearly lost to TAMU and Texas. Bama has had more than enough chances at a title. They don’t deserve it this year at all.
because the losses are not at all the same. lsu got killed at home by a team bama should have beat on the road. and msu is not as good as tenn, lsu.

ACC-Out

My Guess
1 UGA
2 Michigan
3 TCU
4. USC Trojans (TV wants a West Coast team in)

Reactions: Beach_Cat
Best case scenario for SEC. LSU wins in SEC title game. UGA and LSU get in.

TCU wins out and gets in. Mich gets in.

Mich 1
UGA 2
TCU 3
LSU 4

ACC-Out

We're not looking at that anymore buddy. LSU shit the bed.

lsu will be going to atlanta with a lower ranking and worse record than alabama. not bad for them. if they lose their bowl game they could have a very weird 9-5 record.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT