ADVERTISEMENT

We can and will beat Arizona..

StevieJFTW07

Senior
Nov 19, 2016
Arizona is playing good ball right now..sure..I'll give you that..but they have losses to Colorado, Oregon, UCLA (At home), NC State, Houston, they got dump trucked by Purdue (89-64 !!), etc...they played in a very weak Pac 12 and still have 7 losses. I think UK will have the most fan support in Boise as well. First thing is first though..UK needs to take care of business vs. Davidson and I think they will. I'm not really worried about anybody in this Tournament. UK can beat anybody. We are one of the hottest if not the hottest team in the Country.

I'm not a fan of possibly having to play UT a FOURTH freaking time..but I think UK will beat them again if it comes down to it. UK beat UT and three refs today WITHOUT JV..UK will do it again too if they have to..especially in Atlanta. I don't care who's in front of UK..Bring em on. After UK's performance in this SEC Tournament, I'm not worried about anybody. Hell, A LOT of teams should be worried about UK though.

They do have some head scratching losses, but they probably have us beat at 3 positions. Certainly at 2 with Ayton and Alkins (I haven't seen them much but assume he is playing the 2).

Be really nice to have JV back to throw at Ayton along with the other bigs. We are going to have to neutralize him and most importantly block him out on the offensive glass and we have a damn good chance. No one scares me outside of Ayton but he is very scary.

I don't think the PAC12 has a single team inside the top 60 for defensive efficiency.

Ayton will get his, but Arizona can't stop Anyone from driving to the basket. It will be a layup drill for Shai.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Arizona is playing good ball right now..sure..I'll give you that..but they have losses to Colorado, Oregon, UCLA (At home), NC State, Houston, they got dump trucked by Purdue (89-64 !!).

There's one notable flaw in your reasoning here: this March version of Arizona is really NOT the same Arizona team that lost those games.

They had not even begun to mesh yet when they laid an egg with those three straight losses in that Bahamas tourney to begin the season. And then they went though stretches mid-season where they lost guys to injuries and Alonzo Trier had to sit out a long stretch with that suspension.

But, unfortunately for us, they now have everybody back and healthy and are now playing MUCH better than they were the first half of the season. They were a 4 seed because they had those early losses, but the truth is, they have the talent of a 1 seed AND they've now begun playing like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Catfather
I like the way you talk
540163433c9b3.jpg

Is ayton not playing? Sure we can beat them but I don't see it happening. Which really sucks

There's a glaring flaw in your reasoning here: this March version of Arizona is really NOT the same Arizona team that lost those games.

They had not even begun to mesh yet when they laid an egg with those three straight losses in that Bahamas tourney to begin the season. And then they went though stretches mid-season where they lost guys to injuries and Alonzo Trier had to sit out a long stretch with that suspension.

But, unfortunately for us, they now have everybody back and healthy and are now playing MUCH better than they were the first half of the season. They were a 4 seed because they had those early losses, but the truth is, they have the talent of a 1 seed AND they've now begun playing like it.

Against a Conference that got what, 3 teams in the Tournament ? Was it 3 or 4 ? Some of the more decent teams they played in the Pac 12, they did beat but also lost to them. UCLA almost beat them a 2nd time just a couple nights ago..they went to OT. UT is a better team than Arizona and UK just beat them on a neutral floor. Arizona will face something similar in terms of UK having a big edge in fan support in Boise.

They obviously aren't unbeatable with 11 losses. Still they have a dominant bigman that we won't be able to match up with. Plus he can take away the interior entirely. We can win that game but only if we are red hot from 3.

I’ve already posted I think we beat Zona. The PAC was weak this year. As you noted CU beat them for goodness sake. Only thing I’m not sure about is a big UK fan presence. Boise is a long way even from here. It’s also a very long way from Tucson to though. It’s a long way from most everywhere. I guess that’s what we get for losing 10 games.

Zona has more talent, but UVA has a better coach. They are also like a boa constrictor, squeezing you to death.

I think Virginia has 2011 Ohio St. written all over them. Dominate 34-2 and then got dropped by Brandon Knight and a 6 man (Pretty much) UK team in the Sweet 16. U6 had Virginia beat just a couple of weeks ago and then just melted down the last second..literally..the last second.

Arizona is playing good ball right now..sure..I'll give you that..but they have losses to Colorado, Oregon, UCLA (At home), NC State, Houston, they got dump trucked by Purdue (89-64 !!), etc...they played in a very weak Pac 12 and still have 7 losses. I think UK will have the most fan support in Boise as well. First thing is first though..UK needs to take care of business vs. Davidson and I think they will. I'm not really worried about anybody in this Tournament. UK can beat anybody. We are one of the hottest if not the hottest team in the Country.

I'm not a fan of possibly having to play UT a FOURTH freaking time..but I think UK will beat them again if it comes down to it. UK beat UT and three refs today WITHOUT JV..UK will do it again too if they have to..especially in Atlanta. I don't care who's in front of UK..Bring em on. After UK's performance in this SEC Tournament, I'm not worried about anybody. Hell, A LOT of teams should be worried about UK though.

Everybody talking about Ayton, Trier and Alkins together will probably destroy us. If you think Williams and Schofield bullied us inside, they have 5 or 6 guys strong wide bodies. If it is a half court game they can pound us inside. Seems our only chance is to play up and down as fast as we can go to kind of stabalize their 2 seven footers and two 6-9/6-10 guys. Even Alkins and Trier are beefy types that will be hard to handle.

Reactions: UK90
I'm honestly confused how Arizona escaped all the "allegations" to get Ayton and Trier both eligible so quick.

Ayton and Ristic will be a tough matchup but we will be able to take advantage of their size on the other end. The emergence of SKJ will hopefully be an X factor for us in the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT