ADVERTISEMENT

BYU finished ranked 18 in kenpom…

The problem is it is a total crap shoot for a program that did not have to rely on that.

A number of proven, excellent coaches were available, and instead we panic hired a guy who has accomplished precisely nothing to this point in his career.
Like who, Oat's said no, Drew said no, Hurley said no, from what I heard Donovan won't talk until his season is done and then you don't know if that is going to be a yes.

Yeah and how many NBA player did Cal have over the last 5 years for that one win and loses to schools I never heard of. Cal was good at one thing, making nobody schools famous.
Can you tell me at any point in this thread where I said Calipari was getting the job done? Read the thread all the way through before spouting off ignorance. You would see myself and the other poster you have quoted above have come around. You idiots days later still bringing up shit to stir the pot after comments made in the heat of the moment and spin it in a way that makes everything like it is a Cal defense. Get over yourselves.

Last edited:
Can you tell me at any point in this thread where I said Calipari was getting the job done? Read the thread all the way through before spouting off ignorance. You would see myself and the other poster you have quoted above have come around. You idiots days later still bringing up shit to stir the pot after comments made in the heat of the moment and spin it in a way that makes everything like it is a Cal defense. Get over yourselves.
Sorry if your command of the english language is not beyond 4th grade level. Not stirring any pot, but I have been done with Cal for years and there are still people on here crying that we won't get players, blah, blah, blah and no offense your current post really make very little sense either, so it sounds to me like you are the one who needs to get over yourself.

Sorry if your command of the english language is not beyond 4th grade level. Not stirring any pot, but I have been done with Cal for years and there are still people on here crying that we won't get players, blah, blah, blah and no offense your current post really make very little sense either, so it sounds to me like you are the one who needs to get over yourself.
What an original retort. You all had to revert to the old strawman fallacy and bringing up shit about people crying about not getting players, our shitty Tournament record which doesn't change anything to my point about an unproven Tournament resume. Is it that hard to comprehend neither have won anything in the postseason recently? That is just being objective. My biggest complaint with Cal were these flameouts in the Tournament which is ultimately how I measure success at Kentucky, not a kenpom ranking. I will freely admit the challenges of winning at BYU compared to Cal's underachieving doing less with more which should go without saying. Other people's issues bitching about players have nothing to do with your issue of my post in this thread to begin with. My previous post obviously struck a nerve that you felt the need to bring it right back up to the top from the back pages to continue to engage in a pissing contest and respond to for something that made no sense. If it makes you happy, I was wrong to have an opinion in the heat of the moment right after the announcement, you were right to belittle me days later. Hopefully this makes you feel better about yourself. I've stated I have come around on the hire. Not sure what else you want to hear.

Last edited:
In life, you can look reasons to be miserable or for reason to be optimistic. In this instance I’m choosing the latter.

In life, you can look reasons to be miserable or for reason to be optimistic. In this instance I’m choosing the latter.
Questioning something doesn't make one a miserable person or looking for 'reasons to be miserable.' The postseason results are a valid concern of mine which is one of the main reasons the previous coach is no longer here. Not exactly any proof in the pudding there yet so hope is about all you can have that it will all work out in the end. I want it to work out and for Mark to succeed. Not sure what else I can say. Just goes to show how people are tribalistic by nature by continuing to pile on days later.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT