ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches will not be knocking down our door to get here.

Fans that put the coach above the program are toxic. That's not even a fan at all. That's called a "follower".
... so true. Many on this board have been trying to make that distinction with fellow fans here for years. Many just wouldn't listen and were/are caustic. Put the PROGRAM FIRST and everyone wins. Pretty basic stuff. Play for the name on the FRONT of the jersey and everyone wins. Cal was/is total dysfunction. Thank goodness we can just move on and breathe.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
they said the same thing about Alabama football and still Took Washington’s coach after they were just in that title game 😂😂😂 yall can believe that Bs if you want

Let's say you are correct. You still have to bring in the best players
Name the top 20 recruits that play for Purdue or Uconn...... and last years Uconn or Miami... ok then the Kansas or Villanova team the year before ... or the Nova's 2 title teams. How many Final fours has Duke or UK (the 2 one and done factories) been to since the end of the 2015 season? The best NBA potential that Cal recruits are often not the best COLLEGE BASKETBALL players. We need to bring in the best players for the style of play that the next coach has.
Drew would be right up there with the BG hire. No thanks
Did Billy G have a title? Calipari didnt have a title before coming to UK... If winning a title and being good at Baylor doesnt impress you.... then you obviously think Baylor is a better school than UK

Cal was the one who was toxic. he refused to go on KSR, which, even if you don’t like Jones, is the among the biggest sports media in Kentucky. Calipari didn’t talk to Mitch while he was here. Calipari isolated himself from the BOD and doners. Calipari talk down to the fans. Everything about the man was toxic for the program, he was slowly poisoning it.

I’m glad he’s gone

• Love
Reactions: Bluesbrother
I think a lot of you are naive in thinking coaches want to be here. BBN is the most toxic fan base in the country. If anything goes wrong you are bashed until the end of eternity or until everything turns up roses again. UK fans have no compassion for anything. It's just win or else. This will be the demise of UK basketball one day.

No lies detected.

Cal was the one who was toxic. he refused to go on KSR, which, even if you don’t like Jones, is the among the biggest sports media in Kentucky. Calipari didn’t talk to Mitch while he was here. Calipari isolated himself from the BOD and doners. Calipari talk down to the fans. Everything about the man was toxic for the program, he was slowly poisoning it.

I’m glad he’s gone
Oh so you don't know what toxic means. Cool.

Yo
I think a lot of you are naive in thinking coaches want to be here. BBN is the most toxic fan base in the country. If anything goes wrong you are bashed until the end of eternity or until everything turns up roses again. UK fans have no compassion for anything. It's just win or else. This will be the demise of UK basketball one day.
U are SO full of it!! If you had gone to the SEC tournament this year you would have seen Thousands of those toxic fans screaming their lungs out for UK. At the Vandy game this year we had at least 2 to1 UK to Vandy fans on their own floor. NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY supports UK like our fan base. The fan base is HUGE and with ANY large group their will be a few fanatics on the fringe, to paint our spectacular fan base with the same brush as a few wing nuts on the fringe does UK a huge disservice. I can only assume you are young or haven't actually attended enough games to know what you are talking about. My wife and I were in Maui several years ago where about 80 percent of the fans were from UK. Went to the Great Alaska shootout years ago when about 90 percent were UK fans. Toxic fans MY ASS

Yo
U are SO full of it!! If you had gone to the SEC tournament this year you would have seen Thousands of those toxic fans screaming their lungs out for UK. At the Vandy game this year we had at least 2 to1 UK to Vandy fans on their own floor. NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY supports UK like our fan base. The fan base is HUGE and with ANY large group their will be a few fanatics on the fringe, to paint our spectacular fan base with the same brush as a few wing nuts on the fringe does UK a huge disservice. I can only assume you are young or haven't actually attended enough games to know what you are talking about. My wife and I were in Maui several years ago where about 80 percent of the fans were from UK. Went to the Great Alaska shootout years ago when about 90 percent were UK fans. Toxic fans MY ASS
All these posters coming out to complain about how “toxic” BBN is. 😂

Cal, is that you?

I mean you can gtfo if you don’t wanna be associated with the BBN. I hear Arkansas gear is on sale cheap right now.

Nor SHOULD they be knocking down our door.

As we all know, this is not just for any coaching job, this job is for the finest college basketball team (in terms of overall history) in all the land. Paraphrasing this scene from King Ralph, to be UK's basketball coach is a responsibility like no other in the Commonwealth (yes even more so than being our governor) and like few others outside of it. He must become a symbol of all that is best about our basketball team, UK, and the Commonwealth of Kentucky in general. An embodiment of our history, our culture, our morality, our pride, our ideal of basketball and UK excellence. He must in the harsh light of public 24/7 social media and Internet scrutiny (not the least of which this very forum!!) exhibit all of UK basketball's virtues and none of its shortcomings. Indeed there is much much MUCH more to being our coach than just drawing X's and O's and blowing a whistle. And I don't know if "a God's burden to bear" is quite right but it's close enough.

Yo
I didn't say we weren't supportive. I said TOXIC. Just read this board. So many people get bashed for having legit opinions, our coach got zero respect and was blamed for every loss and and rarely got credit for the wins. People on here name calling in every post like they are so unhappy with themselves. It's ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
lol, just like I said. The coaching search is going exactly like I thought it would. We are not the same UK. CBB has changed and we are no longer the APEX.
The search has gone like you thought? 0 have turned us down. No offers have been made yet. Just statements put out by coaches that mean nothing. The same ones Roy Williams put out ''I don't give a shit about North Carolina''. Nick Saban ''I don't give a damn about alabama right now''.

• Haha
Reactions: frydaze
Agreed. I don’t think we can just get whoever we want. I think it’ll be a good, but not great coach
Alabama found out hiring someone to a high pressure job isn’t as easy as you think. Impossible to follow Saban. Easier to follow Cal but coaches see this situation. Not easy to step into.

I didn't say we weren't supportive. I said TOXIC. Just read this board. So many people get bashed for having legit opinions, our coach got zero respect and was blamed for every loss and and rarely got credit for the wins. People on here name calling in every post like they are so unhappy with themselves. It's ridiculous.
So you have never read social media. ? It’s like that everywhere?? That’s what happens when unstable guys in the basement have a voice. If you can’t handle rivals, stay far away from twitter X.

No way you can say Uk most toxic fan base. It’s the fans that make the program. If IK unravels it won’t be because of this. It will be NIL, portal and the general state of college athletics. I’m not sure there is much of a future for college sports anymore.
UK has some of the best fans and some of the worst fans. Like most things are a mixed bag. I admit that although I think kids should have more power and flexibility than they had in the past (to change schools and/or make money) it is changing the game in a way that is not nearly as fun as when I was a kid. Hopefully they will put some guardrails up and calm things down and this will just be a wild west time we look back on.

Reactions: BucN1Cat
So you have never read social media. ? It’s like that everywhere?? That’s what happens when unstable guys in the basement have a voice. If you can’t handle rivals, stay far away from twitter X.
It's like that everywhere on a much smaller scale.

The search has gone like you thought? 0 have turned us down. No offers have been made yet. Just statements put out by coaches that mean nothing. The same ones Roy Williams put out ''I don't give a shit about North Carolina''. Nick Saban ''I don't give a damn about alabama right now''.
You might wanna reconsider this statement. Hiring Pope backs up everything I said and it is official. We are now Indiana. Get ready for several more years of bad teams. Throw in some NIT appearances in there as well.

You might wanna reconsider this statement. Hiring Pope backs up everything I said and it is official. We are now Indiana. Get ready for several more years of bad teams. Throw in some NIT appearances in there as well.
We offered 2 guys and Barnhart panick hired. Calm down.

Me and 3 buddies have laughed a lot the past couple days at your remarks. You’re becoming our celebrity because of your moments 😂

Reactions: BucN1Cat
Yo
Mark. Pope.

Let's say you are correct. You still have to bring in the best players
No ... you don't need the best players. You need to sober up from the Kalipari Kool-Aid. Cal's system and his "ways" are YESTERDAY. Pope's system isn't just TODAY, it's also TOMORROW. Have a little faith and go look at some BYU film and see it action. One of the better X's and O's coach out there today that had to play against Pope and BYU was Kelvin Sampson and he said Pope's system he ran at BTU was damned near impossible to defend. Cal was selling a "brand" than can't be sustained ... Pope is running a system that can't be defended and you don't need 5 stars. Pope @ UK will get 5 stars, IF HE WANTS THEM, but it's about who fits his system. His system wins.

Doubling down huh? Your other thread was stupid so you dig up another idiotic one. Gave up on the other one?

I hope everyone of them will regret it and someone like Mark Pope that truly appreciates the job wins multiple National Titles. It would just kill the blowhards in the national media if he beat their darlings Hubert Davis at UNC and Jon Scheyer at DOOK to win a title being an alum coaching at their alma mater.

Across the nation, are mid major, lower P5 and young assistant coaches. Hungry, ambitious driven coaches. Who want money, championships, and to be the best. Who watched today's press conference. And they will dream and hope and work their way up the college ladder. So that they might get this reception and opportunity in 10-12 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT