ADVERTISEMENT

Ware and Kingsley

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
Lance has really grown on me. He seems to understand his role and embraces it. Has a really good head on his shoulders.
I know they are saying Kingsley is here this year to develop and go against Oscar everyday.
Most would agree Kingsley is raw but has a much higher ceiling than Lance.
Lance gets backup minutes early on but by the end of the season does Kingsley come on and get those minutes ?

Lance has really grown on me. He seems to understand his role and embraces it. Has a really good head on his shoulders.
I know they are saying Kingsley is here this year to develop and go against Oscar everyday.
Lance gets backup minutes early on but by the end of the season does Kingsley come on and get those minutes ?
I hope Kingsley plays more.

Reactions: Gus Polinski
If Kingsley can't beat out Ware right now, then he's not very good. I just don't see anything positive about Ware. He hustles, but that's it.

It will definitely be Ware early but by the end of the year I could see Kingsley getting in when we really need rim protection. He also gives you that emergency backup late in the year in case Oscar and Ware both get in foul trouble.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
Ware has been in the program several years and has grown as a defender and rebounder. Kingsley is a longer player than Ware, but Kingsley is as raw as almost any player Cal has taken before. I expect Ware plays as Tshiebwe's backup while Kingsley is groomed for 2023. I do not expect Kingsley to get a whole lot of playing time this year except for three hypothetcal situations. Tshiebwe and Ware both in foul trouble, Kentucky getting outrebounded by a tough SEC foe, or Kentucky blowing out an opponent and secondary players getting mop up minutes.

Next year is a different subject, but next year depends on how many other 5s will be on the roster.

Reactions: westerncat
Ware is a banger and is prolly a top 5 backup center in America.
if uganna is tough and can come in and really fight, compete and learn from ware and Oscar then he will really be something next year

Reactions: westerncat
If Kingsley can't beat out Ware right now, then he's not very good. I just don't see anything positive about Ware. He hustles, but that's it.
Lance Ware is the type of player that most fans on here “want”. Hustles every play, loves the university, will stay here and graduate. Problem is they don’t really want those types of guys no matter how much they say it lol. They want top 5 picks to stay here 4 years. Boggles my mind

We all know his offense is god awful, but that's not his role.

He's a great complement to Oscar in that when Oscar goes out the other Center gets no physical relief. When 6ft 9 250 pounds goes out in comes 6ft 9 220 pounds to replace him for a couple of minutes. He will battle you for the entire 5-6-7 minutes he's in the game.

Last year his per-40 for rebounds was 12. His per-100 possessions was 17.3

Compare that to Oscar

19.1 per-40 and 27.5 per-100

Not too bad for a guy playing 25 less minutes.

Another thing he does is he can alter shots. His per-40 there was 2.5 and his per-100 was 3.6.... Both of which are actually better than Oscar who was at 2 and 2.9 respectively.

Making a decision when you don't have enough information is often called, "Buying a pig in a poke."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT